“Quaint pub that brews their own beers”

Max's Fanno Creek Brew Pub
Ranked #34 of 153 Restaurants in Tigard
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Kids, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Tigard, OR
“Quaint pub that brews their own beers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

This is a good place to visit on the weekends for their breakfast and sandwiches. The home brews are fine. . not wonderful. . but definitely worth a look.

Visited May 2014

Tualatin, Oregon
“Bland Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

We had heard good reviews of this pub but not sure why. We tried the fish and chips meal and were greatly disappointed. The fish was fried too long so it had a slight burnt taste, the "keg fries" had little to no taste (I had to use ketchup which I never use on good fries) and were like chewing on sticks and the coleslaw was so bland I had to use salt and pepper just to get some flavor on it. Next time we will try the pub down the street.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Junker79
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Another great local Tigard spot”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

I've been here several times, most recently last night. Mom and I got a late start on dinner and headed over to the brew pub. It was a beautiful day so the outdoor seating on the front patio was full, so we sat inside at the bar. I had the red beer and mom a glass of wine. The beer was exactly how I like it - not too hoppy and a tad sweet. Mom got the Mahi Mahi fish and chips and devoured it and I tackled the Mad max- I was smart enough to ask for a box before I even got it and cut it in half immediately - it was HUGE, definitely not a burger you could pick up and get your mouth around. Besides its size, I thought it was pretty good too. The fries tasted old, but I was hungry so down the hatch they went. Looking forward to another relaxing dinner and beer and Max's in the future.

• Visited June 2014
Portland, Oregon, United States
“post-biking lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

we come here to bike the fanno creek trail and enjoy max's pub afterwards. we began with a golden ale, and porter. next, i had the fish tacos with beans/rice. my partner had the portebello sandwich and tater tots. our friends enjoyed their meal too. the server made a substitution for our friends, and he was wonderful about it. the food was delicious too. nice to sit outside.

• Visited May 2014
Tigard, Oregon
“I Believe This Was Our Last Visit”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

We stopped in at the last minute on a week night, about 6 PM. It was pretty busy which is, in our experience, common for this pub. Working the large floor were one server, one bartender, and the owner. It took about 10 minutes before we were approached by anyone.

We ordered immediately, and I advised the server my only real request was hot fries with my burger; I hate cold fries. When our meals were delivered the fries were cold. Worse still, and something I still can't understand, is there were fried onion strips on my burger and they were stone cold and soggy. It was literally awful. I took this gunk off and ate a pretty good burger. I wanted a second beer and because the server never returned I went to the bar to collect this myself.

When settling the check the server asked if everything was good and I said "no, the fries were stone cold" and she laughed and made an arbitrary comment. Clearly she wasn't listening to me but rather patronizing. We tip 30% as a rule (servers live on tips) and left 10% tonight because the service warranted even less. This made us feel even more badly about the evening.

As we left we passed by the owner and offered our feedback, that the service was terrible, the experience was horrid, and the food was bad. His response was to tell us we were the third complaint of the evening and then he went on to blame the bartender.

The fish rots from the head down. Please do not blame your employee, who was obviously working his tail off, for under-staffing. He may tell you he's got it covered, but you do the scheduling. Staff your restaurant.

If you are going to Max's for a pint or two you might consider sitting at the bar or at one of the high-top tables just outside the bar. We happen to go for dinner, not just drinks and apps, and as we told the owner as we left, we won't be back. At least not for a very long time.

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank Swim54low

Been to Max's Fanno Creek Brew Pub? Share your experiences!