DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland - Tigard
US$218
US$191
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
Grand Hotel At Bridgeport(Tigard)
US$176
US$77
Motel 6
  • Pool
US$78
  • Pool
US$154
US$118
Crowne Plaza Portland Lake Oswego(Lake Oswego)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$101
Priceline
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewswashington square mallcookiesdouble treedown comforterwithin walking distanceupdated roomsbreakfast buffetrestaurants and shoppingfront desk staffwafflescomfortable bedminute drivewill stay there againeasy accessnice roomupon checknice breakfast
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I travel a lot and so have inevitably stayed in hotels that have switched over to non-smoking. However, I've never encountered anything this bad. We signed an agreement that we would not smoke and agreed to pay a $150 fine if we did. So imagine our surprise when we opened the door to the room and were blown back by the smoke smell. The desk staff told us, "Huh. Someone else must have smoked in that room at some point." Clearly, no effort was made to change out carpeting, draperies and wallpaper. In fact, my eyes are burning. Never again, will we stay here or any Phoenix Inn.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

When I booked a mystery Hotwire hotel, I was a bit nervous when I saw that Phoenix Inn was the property. After being a loyal Phoenix Inn customer for several years, a bad experience at the Lake Oswego property had kept me away for over a year. The Tigard property had been the one place where I'd always enjoyed a stay with a clean room, comfortable beds and excellent customer service. Unfortunately, some of that has changed for the worse.

The location is excellent; easy off I5, next to Washington Square Mall, with The Cheesecake Factory and other good eateries nearby. The property itself isn't much to see, but has an indoor pool (small, but clean), included continental breakfast (adequate and a nice inclusion), and ample parking.

The problems we ran into on this visit related to unresponsive, disinterested front desk staff and lack of basic property upkeep.

The free coffee in the lobby was cold; two nights in a row. Front desk staff were told about the issue and we were told 'I know' or 'I'll let you know when it's hot' without asking our name or room number. The usual fresh baked cookies, were not there either. These were little things, but disappointing none the less. The response to it by staff - more than the issues themselves.

The breakfast room (which we were directed to go through to get to our room), had visible stains on the carpet. Admittedly, things get dirty, but it really didn't make us want to eat there.

Visible hand prints in the elevators were ignored for the two days we were there. Again, a little thing, but it speaks to the general disinterest in the upkeep of the property.

In our room's bathroom the wallpaper around the shower was peeling. The tub was dirt stained. I've used eraser-type cleaning pads to remove these stains in my own tub, so seeing them in our tub at the Phoenix just showed a lack of attention to the issue. A dispenser with shampoo and soap, but no conditioner.

Our refrigerator in the room made a loud ticking noise most of the night, and the AC in the room had a fan that went on and off all night (no matter what setting we chose).

The beds are comfortable, and I enjoyed the soft pillows. The TV in the room was a 40" LCD, and HBO was a nice perk. A love seat, two queen beds, table with two chairs, coffee table, and a bench for suitcases were all appreciated.

Despite being on the 3rd (out of 4 floors), and near the elevator, our room was quiet when the fridge and/or the AC were not chattering.

I wish the front desk staff cared a bit more about the comfort of the guests. I wish they were more responsive to the upkeep of the property and the 'little things' that in the past set Phoenix Inns apart.

As it stands this property is just average. If you get a room at the right price, you might like it, but with so many other options at this price point which have better customer service, I'll be looking to actively pursue other options for my future Portland area stays.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 4th floor at the back of the property for the most quiet accommodations.
Reviewed 12 August 2013

My husband and I loved our stay 1st night out in awhile and decided to try out somewhere by the mall. It made shopping so much easier and we were able to walk to dinner across the street. Great recommendation from the front desk for dinner. Rooms were clean and comfy. It was quite the busy weekend from the looks of it but the noise was only in the main areas, our room was quiet. Breakfast was yummy, was able to take food upstairs and have breakfast in bed. Such a treat! Will defininently stay again. A+ all around.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We've been long time customers,and have always had a pleasant stay here. This year, their rates went up $40 (from same time last year). When I was trying to book, no discounts were given, as they had been given in the past, and the attitude was that it didn't matter to them if we stayed with them or not. Too bad, because we were always impressed before this. There are other hotels for far less money who are willing to price match,and they are equally rated. We will be staying somewhere else from now on. Review of stay at this hotel as far as cleanliness, sleep quality, location and room service were based on last August, 2012. Customer service and value is based on August 2013 while trying to book room.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

Large rooms, convient access to the freeways & shopping. Front Desk staff very pleasant. The Gym consisnts of one Treadmill, Elipitical, and Recumbant bike with minimal dumbells, the local streets are busy and narrow with inconsistent sidewalks so jogging is out. There are some trails with a few miles if you know where to go (Fanno Creek Trail).

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room ask for Room 324 or another on the same side of the floor