“Clean overnight stay”

Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Tigard
Eugene, Oregon
“Clean overnight stay”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Stayed here for a quick overnighter last week. Woman at front desk was very friendly. Room was tastefully decorated and clean. Seems like they remodeled recently from IKEA. For the price I was very happy with it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Port Townsend, Washington
Reviewed 14 May 2014

When staying at a Motel 6, always remember to bring your shampoo, hair dryer, etc. With that said, I did, and the remodel that they call "modern" reminds me of dorms I stayed in back in the day. Still it was clean, a good location to get to things, and quiet. It did have a nice new shower, and a flat screen tv, so better than the pictures I had seen of other ones. Oh, also remember no coffee in the room, so be prepared to find the stairs if you are an early riser like me, to go to the office to get coffee.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Lisa W
Tigard, Oregon
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We stayed there halloween night. We asked for nonsmoking and the guy next door smoked all night . We went to lay down and there was bed bugs that bite myself and my son. We sat up in the chair till 5 am took a hot shower and turned in the keys . The lady in the front desk didn't even care about them . NEVER EVER STAY HERE ITS GROSS!!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank 1ronni
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed 28 March 2014

We decided to be daring and try this location, as opposed to the three story indoor corridor across the street, because of the remodeled rooms. Glad we did. The rooms have been done over from top to bottom, new wooden flooring, new mattresses, sink, paint, etc., the whole tamale.

The clientele who seem to choose this location run the gamut of humanity: truck drivers, construction workers, retirees, tourists, along with some distinctly unsavory types. (Maybe that's why the local police cruise the parking lot often.)

All in all, this is a decent enough place. We like best being able to park next to the room and walk outside with our dogs easily. The location is great, close to the freeway and shopping and restaurants.

My biggest gripe about this place is that smokers stay in the non smoking rooms, then stand outside their door and puff away. Their smoke seeps through the door and you cannot leave your window cracked either. This has happened both times I stayed here -- thought I was just unlucky the first time. It is always the luck of the draw as to who will be around you in these places.

The employees here are OK, not as friendly as across the street, plus that location is all non-smoking. I would say that this one is better is you want cleaner rooms and have pets to walk frequently. The three story location doesn't have the smoking issue, plus the indoor corridors make for a safer feeling.

Room Tip: The back building seems to house a rougher crowd.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank mimi l
Florence, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 2 February 2014

1) Blood splattered across the ceiling. There is no way that the housekeeping missed it. it was in 3 different huge sprays across. They must be timed so they only have so many minutes to clean a room.
2) Pulled back the stained comforter to take it off the bed- dog hair everywhere. I run a motel. I wash the bedspreads, I work hard to make sure there isn't hair on sheets. They may be clean, but...this wasn't one or two. That happens. This was heavy.
3) No housekeeping service. We left our thin, skimpy towels to be replaced, and no one came.
4) speaking of towels, I told my husband they could make extra money if they advertised them as exfoliating scrubs.
5 ) Paid the extra money for a fridge in the room- we have a poodle, need to put his food up - nope, no fridge. Asked the front desk- oh, we don't see that anywhere.

Either run a motel, or drop your charges to a no service, dirty place. We won't be back.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, ask to see a room first. Motel 6's used to be good, and some still ar...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jacquie P
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I used my GPS to find an inexpensive place for the night and Motel 6 came up in the search, so I knew what to expect. I was traveling to Tualatin to pick up my trailer and since I wasn’t familiar with the area, Motel 6 Tigard East worked quite well for me. The total cost was $55 US a night, and since it was a heat wave in Oregon I ended up hitting the pool for a convenient dip to cool off. The front desk was friendly, helpful and allowed me to check out two rooms to decide which one to take. The room was small but decent, the bed was okay, and for the price it was worth it. I wanted a ground floor room in order to keep an eye on my truck. The I-5 is conveniently close by and the location around the motel was a decent neighbourhood, hosting a few restaurants and gas stations.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank digitalroc
Downey, California
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Stayed on 1st floor which was underground n very dreary, room smelled and housekeeping only came once a week ... we stayed for a week there were so many dogs and lots of people smoking near the side entrance and by the pool...was glad to leave n go to comfort inn

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank 18vivian18
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tigard
Motel 6 Portland - Tigard West
Grand Hotel At Bridgeport
Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego
Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Lake Oswego
Crowne Plaza Portland Lake Oswego
Comfort Inn and Suites Tualatin - Portland South

Been to Motel 6 Portland South - Lake Oswego /Tigard? Share your experiences!