“REAL Addictive Mexican Food--BEST EVER”
Review of Taco Del Sol

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Taco Del Sol
Ranked #33 of 179 Restaurants in Tigard
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I've eaten at this authentic Mexican restaurant a few times. And I am addicted. When I say authentic, I mean there are dishes on the menu you will not find anywhere and some usual suspects like chill relleno that you sadly won't find. But it makes sense. They are super busy and chill relleno requires care, last minute dipping in whipped egg whites that this place just doesn't have the time to do. They're too busy churning out dishes I had never heard of! If you like taco salads, this one is the best I have ever had and shames all the rest. Their tacos are also excellent. It's all in two things: the care of each ingredient and they way it's built. The beef is likely top round, but it's very thinly sliced and marinated. Must have! None of that ground beef business with dry seasoning blend. The condiment bar is also special, with thinly sliced onions in a vinaigrette with hot peppers. You won't find that anywhere else 'round these here parts. OMG it's good! Trust me when I tell you this unpretentious place is worth the trip if you're in hopes of finally finding real Mexican food from the backstreets of the mother land. Oh, and they make their own Mexican punch. Looks like mud, tastes like gold!

Reviewed 14 June 2013

I went here because I was looking for a good enchilada or wet burrito. I had read reviews about this place and passed the location many times (the location has been many different restaurants over the years).

The service was friendly and all of the food is mad-to-order. I got the ground beef wet burrito. I like that I don't have to specify no onions on the wet burrito.

The food was great and I have been back several times since then with no disappointments. I have ordered the enchiladas, too. Very good.

The only thing I won't order is their tacos because they are made (essentially) with meat, onions, and cilantro. And since I don't like onions, that pretty much rules them out. :-)

But everything else is a definite possibility.