“Can't wait to leave” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Tigard
Bremerton Washington
“Can't wait to leave”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2008

I just had to pull up the address of this place to make sure I am not commenting on the wrong Shilo Inn but I got the right one. Supposedly this is a remodeled hotel. The room I am in doesn't appear that way. I counted 6 cigarette burn marks from the dresser to the sink area. I counted 5 stains on the floor but you gotta love the big white stain as you come in the room. Forgot to mention, this is actually the second room they gave me since neither me nor the receptionist could get the door open in the first room they gave me. I can't figure out if the switch on the wall below the furnace dial is to control the heat or not. Their is a wall unit like heater/fan too, but it started to work, but now has shut off and I can't get it to work. I went to go plug in my cell phone and couple other electrical items with me to charge them up but only one outlet by the work table. So I disconnected the light fixture so I could charge up cell phone. I went downstairs to ask for an ashtray and the receptionist led me down the hall to an 'employees only room', told me to wait. I waited almost five minutes only to have her return with a small drinking glass that had smear marks on it and told me that is all she had till she could find one in another smoking room. She said she would bring me one. After an hour went by I went downstairs to ask her again but had to wait because she was in the backroom somewhere. I had to holler loudly after I held my finger on the ringer button on the side wall. She came out and told me she forgot. So she looked up rooms that didn't have anyone staying and asked me if I could go look. I took the scary elevators AGAIN to the fourth floor and finally found one in room 420. I returned her the key to her and she said "your welcome". I then discovered the only ice machine is located on the first floor. So another trip down the scary elevators for ice minus the plastic liner that has been in all ice holders in every other hotel i've stayed in. I then come in my room and realize the cups here are not glass but Styrofoam cups. My coffee cup is also Styrofoam. This is no where near like the Shilo Inn in Hazel Dell in Vancouver Washington. That place is recently remodeled, clean, nice, great decor, great staff, and a great home away from home while I am out traveling on business. I will NEVER stay here at this one again. NEVER. I can barely wait for 6am so I can leave and start hitting my stores I check in on. This place is just awful, stinky, and not remodeled.

• Liked — internet access
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank campinguy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2007

If you're looking for a budget hotel, this place is acceptable. They provide all the basics you need for a hotel. The room was clean. Ours faced the back of the building and was quiet. The staff was courteous and helpful. If you're cost-conscious and just need a place in the south Portland area, this place works okay.

• Liked — cost
  • Disliked — bare bones amenities
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
augusta, georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2007

While visiting relatives in Cedar Hills for 5 days, my 82yr old Mother In Law, my 76yr old sister and I had had no problems at all for the larger part of our stay. On what we thought was our last night, we returned to the hotel at midnight, and with our only key, let ourselves into our room to find someone else's "stuff" in the room and all of our "stuff" GONE. The desk clerk was surprised at our indignation, and got into the computer to find out that our reservation had been "cancelled" because our stay was "over". She said our stuff was in a locked location and took ;us to the laundry, where the entire contents of our room was DUMPED into a laundry hamper, wet swim suits on top of our hanging silk evening wear, and suitcases, etc on top of it all. The hotel was full, and here I was with two senior citizens in the middle of the night, tired from the day and no place to sleep. The clerk couldn't seem to find an alternative room, but I found one the first call I made to a small budget inn in Beaverton. We had had no warning from the hotel, no messages on any of our three cell phones and we had been told there was only one key to that room, but obviously the key had been found to give to someone else, and what on earth, would have happened if the folks IN that room had been in bed? We were humiliated and worried and our things were all tossled everywhere. Our credit info was on their file and we certainly could have been charged for the room and scolded ??? later. I've traveled extensively and have never been so badly treated by a hotel host ever! If you can explain this treatment to three senior citizens who were treated like transients and scofaws, I'd like to hear it!

Stayed June 2007
6 Thank crazyconnery

Travellers are raving about these Tigard hotels

Kennewick, WA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2007

Wireless internet would not work despite working with 3 different front dest people all of which new nothing about the internet system. Room was clean but all rooms have connecting doors and you can clearly hear any phone conversation in the adjoining room. Breakfast was meager but for the price breakfast was fine. Service was sub-par. Front desk people were not rude, but not exactly nice either. Price is good at $69. Next time I will pay a little more and find somewhere nicerwith an internet connection that works. Stay away from ice machine on east end of second/third? floor (can't remember which floor, we looked at a room there and then moved to another room) as it is unbelivably loud.

• Liked — location right off of 217
  • Disliked — no internet, poor service
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bobsterkw
Seattle
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2007

We have stayed here many times before, but now that they charge $25 for pets, its beyond our price range. LaQuinta has no extra charge for pets, and Best Western charges $10.

Stayed February 2007
1 Thank Katie W
Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2006

I recently stayed at this hotel, and I had a great time! The staff was wonderful, always going above and beyond to help with anything we needed. The rooms and the facility was nice and clean. I would stay here again!

• Liked — The Wonderful Staff
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled as a couple
Kuna, ID
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2006

We stayed at the Shilo because it was the #1 rated hotel in Tigard. I'm not saying it was horrible, but it is average at best. The carpet was dirty in the room, there was noise in the hallways, and the staff wasn't very attentive (wasn't even at the desk half the time). Parking is little to non-existent, it's like Hemstreet just said "hey, there's a little hole in a corner, let's drop a hotel in there, in the smallest amount of space possible. We didn't use the pool/spa/exercise areas, but they didn't look all that appealing. Continental breakfast was like most. I'm never going to complain about a continental breakfast unless they run out of food, as I don't expect much. They also advertised that they had cribs/playpens available when I booked the room, but they had absolutely none at this particular hotel, and the front desk clerk looked at me like I was speaking Chinese when I asked about one. The nice thing is that there is plenty of dining, gas, and Washington Square Mall nearby. Probably won't stay there again

• Stayed June 2006
1 Thank mkerbsbald
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tigard
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland - Tigard
#57 of 138 in Portland
Peppertree Inn
Peppertree Inn
#7 of 12 in Beaverton

Been to Washington Square Hotel - Tigard? Share your experiences!