Washington Square Hotel - Tigard
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Phoenix Inn Suites(Lake Oswego)
Peppertree Inn(Beaverton)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 January 2013

We stayed here for a single night. We found the room to be clean and lobby well kept. My wife detected a little bit of an odor just inside the room but was faint and undetectable away from the doorway. We felt that this was a very safe area. We paid $75.00 for the night. It was a great value a warm bed, a hot shower and good night's sleep. I would be more than willing to stay here in the future.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JoeinKitsapWA
Shilo I, General Manager at Washington Square Hotel - Tigard, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2013

Dear JoeinKitsapWA,

Thank you for being our valued guest! I appreciate hearing your comments and that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 19 August 2012

Pros:The room was clean and the staff was friendly. There was a large soccer tournament going on and we never heard any of the kids, and there were a lot of kids there, so I have to say it was quiet! There was easy access to the freeway and so it made getting to Portland easy. Since the room was provided for us, I cannot speak to the price.

Cons: The bed was like a trampoline in that whenever one of us would move the other would get bounced around. The TV had minimal channels and would reset back to the Shilo home page with out assistance from us and usually at the most inconvenient time! We had no wifi in our room and were told it was because of the fires in WA, however secure wifi connections from other locations were available? They never seemed to remember that there were two of us in the room so we never had more than one set up for coffee and only two towels.

Overall, if I could get the room at no charge or for around $50 a night, I would stay there again, but if not, I know of others in the area around Portland that are just as good, have better beds and the wifi works that are around $50 a night.

Room Tip: If you want a very quiet room and don't mind stairs, ask for room 101
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank bjallsworthlee
Shilo I, General Manager at Washington Square Hotel - Tigard, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2012

Dear bjallsworthlee,

Thank you for commenting on your recent stay at the Shilo Inn Washington Square. I sincerely appreciate your taking the time to provide valuable feedback.

I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the WIFI. We have had some intermittent problems and have contacted a technician.

Your comments regarding the bedding will be reviewed by our corporate staff that make decisions regarding facility upgrades. I appreciate your letting me know so that I can get the information into the right hands.

Thank you for being a valued guest.

Reviewed 7 July 2012

This isn't a fancy or luxurious place, but it was certainly adequate--clean, comfortable and located near the activities we wanted. Given that we got a bargain price on Hotwire, we were very pleased.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sheryl P
Management response:Responded 9 July 2012

Dear sheryl88,

Thank you for your positive review! We look forward to serving you again in the future. If you do find a good deal online for any Shilo, know that we will match it if you call us directly.

Reviewed 24 October 2011

We stayed there to shop in Portland. The only good thing about it is the location near highway and really huge malls. Typical old hotel: old elevator, old small TV with funny smell room. Other additional issues below:

No DND / Private sign to hang on doorknob.

No security chain inside the door to prevent break ins. (GIRLS! Be very caution about this!)

Shower has really weak water pressure, need at least double the time to spend in shower. If you have long hair, prepare to stand there for a much longer time to wash your hair.

Bed was terrible. It was those really old spring type mattress that does not support any part of your body, and shakes like a gel-lo when you turn a little bit during the night.

Uncomfortable pillow feels like a balk of cotton that would move to either sides of your head when you sleep on it, gives you no support to the neck and way too much support around the edge of your head. Tilting your head to a very uncomfortable angle no matter how you try to sleep on it. Only 2 per bed, no spares in the room.

Room was $90ish, we paid $65 and felt like rubbed. Below is what was offered at breakfast, I did not see the waffle maker mentioned by others though.

Breakfast including: Juice dispenser, baked item with jam in plastic bags, bagel (with toaster available), individual packed cereal, coffee taste really awkward (I dont mean bitter or sour, it just tastes very odd). Everything is cold except hot water, coffee and self toasted bagel.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gaht O
shiloinns, General Manager at Washington Square Hotel - Tigard, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2011

Dear Gaht O,

Thank you for commenting on your recent stay at the Shilo inn Tigard. I sincerely apologize that your experience was not as anticipated and that we failed to meet your expectations.
Your feedback has been taken seriously and the items you mention have been reviewed with the appropriate staff members that are empowered to correct them.
If you would like to speak with me further regarding your concerns, please contact the property and they will provide my contact information.

Reviewed 20 September 2010

I seriously cannot believe Shilo is charging $90 to stay here. We got this place for $33 per night off Travelocity. We were going to Portland for a wedding and needed something cheap; it is the Great Recession after all and money is tight. I wouldn’t have paid a dime over $33 for this dump.

Checked in and requested king size bed. The room we got had not been cleaned: dirty towels everywhere, bed not made, toilet seat up and bowl filled with urine. We requested a new room, but were downgraded to a queen room.

Throughout our stay we had key card issues, with one of our cards not working. After several tries, we finally got 2 that worked.

Our room smelled like a bomb of some air freshener exploded inside. It was almost hard to breathe inside the room it was so overpowering. The entire time (three days and two nights) we had the window open and A/C going to attempt to air the room out. The furniture looks like it is from the early 80s. The curtains had cigarette burn stains. The entire hotel looks worn, old, poorly maintained, and like it is falling apart.

The alarm clock is bolted to the night stand. Yeah, classy, not.

There is black mold and water damage on the walls in the fitness room. They have strategically placed plastic fichus tress to cover up the black mold. The “fitness room” consists of one ancient treadmill and two weight machines. The Jacuzzi was broken.

When we stayed here it was raining, water was leaking into some guest rooms on the 4th floor and was leaking down into the first floor lobby, making it so that the front door to the hotel at times could not open or close. The front porch area was coated in a puddle of water. The woman at the front desk was asking people what room number they had, and then telling them that they could have water leaking in based on their number.

The pillows suck, and it took us a whole day to get some more pillows in our room. The sheets felt old. The TV is old and has a Nintendo 64 controller, which should give people a clue as to the age and complete lack of updating this hotel has.

The breakfast is basic: cereal, yogurt, make your own waffles, toast, orange and apple juice, and dirt water coffee. The second morning, they were having issues with the orange juice and apple juice machines.

The second morning, they had a complete computer melt down, making it difficult for people to check out. Because we had already paid Travelocity, it did not impact us. But other guests were having issues and being delayed at check out.

It is conveniently located near a shopping mall if you want to engage in tax free shopping.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple