“restaurant staff and general treatment”

Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Tillamook
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Tillamook
Reviewed 27 July 2013

As a guest at theTillamook Shilo I must compliment Maralee and Liz in the restaurant for their great attitude and expertise in knowing the available food choices, expediency, and helpful, courteous behavior. What a joy to eat with service of this caliber. Goldy Joe Travis

Room Tip: ask and you shall receive
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Tillamook, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

Dear GJT1,

Thank you for your wonderful and kind comments about Liz and Maralee. I have passed the comments on to them and I agree that they are wonderful. We look forward to seeing you in the Restaurant again.

Tracy Woodley

Reviewed 26 July 2013

In town for ball tournament...Not impressed from the start ... Rate was higher at check-in then I was quoted, had to dispute with night employee...room dirty: old papers left laying around, all kinds of stuff under the bed form Barbie dolls to dog poo. When I reported and asked about a discount I was told I would have to speak to manager at check-out, upon checkout no manager, the girl working told me she could take $20 off for each night (really there was dog poo under the bed) ... Had to wait an hour to get back into room after being gone 2 hours for housekeeping to finish re-cleaning after complaining. I know it wasn't the front desks fault and working front desk myself I did not want to be one of "those type of guests". I said thank you and left ... After returning home I emailed customer service and told them of all my issues, later that week I received a call that my complaint was red flagged for the manager who would be returning next week and he would be getting in contact with me ... A month later no call from the manager about my situation. I emailed customer service a few more times and finally got a $65 refund back. I guess its better then nothing. It was pretty obvious that the manager isn't to concerned with customer service or the satisfaction of his guest, since I never received a call back... Wont stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Dear Rachel,

I apologize for the frustration that you have felt with dealing with the cleaning problems during your stay and the lack of response when you reported the problem to the front desk. I am addressing these concerns with my all my staff so that future travelers will not experience the same issues. We really appreciate your taking the time to express yourself about these issues and know that we do take them seriously. I hope that you will consider staying with us in the future and see how many changes we have made for our guest’s comfort.

Tracy Woodley

Reviewed 16 July 2013

This was the best bang for our buck! The shower was great and so was the bed. This was the first real breakfast we had with real cups-not paper-and fresh eggs with homemade biscuits that were delicious . Highly recommended if you're ever in tillimook area. We hope to find another one AT our next. Love Oregon!

• Stayed: July 2013
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Tillamook, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Dear islandglimpses,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Shilo Inn – Tillamook. Glad to hear the recent improvements to our continental breakfast were enjoyed by you. We hope to see you again if you are ever back through the Tillamook area.

Dave Sutton
General manager

Reviewed 14 July 2013

We stayed here for two nights. It was very handy to a lot of attractions nearby--nice ocean access, train out of Garibaldi, air museum, and the cheese factory. The price was competitive for the area. The breakfast room was well stocked and there was a nice assortment of choices. We did not swim or use the sauna, spa, or exercise room, but they were easily accessible. There is a full restaurant as well as the convenience store on the premises. The staff were very friendly and helpful. My only concern would be that there is not an elevator, but if you have that need, there are many first floor rooms. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: I would recommend the first floor if stairs are a concern for you.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kathy G
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Great continental breakfast... pool, spa, steam room, sauna and exercise room open 24hrs... Great staff... clean rooms and great location near restaurants and shopping. :) We would definitely stay here again!!!

1  Thank stoffal13
Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

Older hotel. No elevators, which isn't a problem for us but could be for others. Plumbing in unit old and faucet spews. Very nice staff, tho. Property way over priced for what it is. located in town but NOT on the water, or even close to it. Grocery store right across the street, convenience store and restaurant on property.

1  Thank Texasislandgirl1
Reviewed 26 June 2013

We stayed at a different Shilo Inn in Oregon and they were liberal in their shampoo, lotions and soap. The Shilo in Tillamook is as cheap as they can get, 1 bar of soap (super small), for two people and one tinsy bottle of shampoo. The Continental breakfast didn't offer much of anything we could eat, just high carb stuff, nothing nutritious about it. We ate at other places off the hotel grounds. The hotel offered a free drink any time you choose. Also, they gave you a coupon for a buy one get one free appetizer. However, you had to eat the appetizer in the lounge during happy hour, you're not allowed to order and take it to your room. We did take advantage of the free drinks both nights. We ate dinner in the restaurant there and it was good and the portions as well. No bread was served with the meal however. The room was spacious and was clean. We probably won't stay in Tillamook again, the smell of cow poop permeated the whole town, we'll stay in Seaside next time.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PearlyNV
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Tillamook, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

Dear PearlyNV,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. We certainly did not intend to short you on supplies. If we forgot to put something in there we would have gladly brought you more if we had just known. Many people really enjoy our continental breakfast. I am sorry it did not satisfy your expectations. Glad to hear you had a chance to enjoy the restaurant and your free drinks. Don’t know what to tell you about the smell. Tillamook is a dairy town primarily and there are definitely days when you can tell. However thankfully there are many more when that is not a problem. I hope you stay with Shilo Inns when you stay in Seaside next time. I’m sure they will take care of you.

Dave Sutton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tillamook
The Ashley Inn of Tillamook
#1 of 8 in Rockaway Beach
Harborview Inn & RV Park
Harborview Inn & RV Park
#1 of 3 in Garibaldi

Been to Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Tillamook? Share your experiences!