“Home away from Home”

Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Tillamook
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Tillamook
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We are very comfortable here. The accomodations are roomy, and very clean. We were given extra pillows and towels as we requested. The coupons given to us for the restaurant encouraged us to visit. We were served by a very kind, and considerate waitress named Maralee. She made sure our order was as we requested since my husband is on a gluten free diet. Maralee was able to produce a dinner he was able to eat and enjoy. She was so gracious and capable it made dining at the Shilo Inn restaurant a perfect choice.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Tillamook, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Dear Tammy B:

What a nice compliment. We enjoy being able to meet the needs of our guests in a prompt and timely way. There are not enough words to describe what a special person is our Maralee. I look forward to seeing you on your next visit at the Shilo Inns Suites in Tillamook.

There are newer reviews for Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Tillamook

Reviewed 13 August 2013

We were driving up the coast and decided to try the Shiloh Inn. Our experience was a good one. Our room was clean and large. The bed was good. They gave a couple of free drink coupons for their on site bar. We decided to use these and get something to eat. These food and drink were good and priced right. When we come through here again we will stop here again.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear GuyWagon,

I am so glad you gave us a try. We just rolled out a new menu in the Shilo Inns restaurant and are receiving a lot of nice compliments on it. We look forward to seeing you again at the Shilo Inns in Tillamook.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

I have been here twice before and just seem comfortable with this hotel and location. It is across the street from Fred Meyers, which is nice since our room has a microwave and refrigerator in it.
The room itself is okay, nothing too special. I had my Mom and son with me, so we had 2 queens, which was perfect.
I was super disappointed in the Wi-Fi. Our room was furthest away from the lobby and we could not access the internet. My son notice when you sit in the lobby it comes up just fine. So I went up to the front desk to ask about this. Apparently there were routers places around our part of the hotel and maybe because the hotel was 80% occupied the Wi-Fi might have issues. Well the tone of the guy up front irritated me. He gave me the "What do you want me to do about it" response which was a little rude in my opinion. I guess he couldn't do much, but a better response would have been nice. Whatever...
Breakfast was included in the hotel stay. We arrived before 9am and there wasn't much left. A little orange juice, coffee, some cereals, yogurt, a few burnt pieces of potato, and packaged oatmeal. After we were almost done eating, someone brought in more scrambled eggs. Lame...
Don't expect a wonderful experience, I have never had it there. But it's okay and it's close to many things.

Room Tip: I would suggest a room close to the lobby if you want working wifi.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear Boxerdawgz,

I am sorry that you experienced problems with the Wi-Fi. I have been in contact with our internet technician to see what we can do to improve the quality of our service no matter how busy we are. I have also discussed with the staff the appropriate way to discuss problems with our guests without being rude. It is pleasant being centrally located so that our guests have easy access to the many beautiful places here in Tillamook. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to giving you a much better experience in the future.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

I have stayed a the Shilo Inn "Suites" in Tillamook many times, not by choice. I come here on business and it is where my company decides to put me up. I am currently staying in a room that has kind of a moldy smell to it. The only way to make it better is to keep the window open all the time. After overhearing other guests across the hall from me complaining about smell of the rooms and how disgusting this place is made me do a little looking myself. I wouldn't stay here again if I had my choice. I would choose another local Hotel. There are 4, what appears to be mold stains, on the ceiling where water has come through that look like they've been just painted over to hide them. A large portion of the ceiling in front of the window has been "repaired" numerous times and is done very poor. The wall paper is coming off in many spots around the room, mostly around the window, where I found traces of what appears to be mold under the wallpaper. Not all the rooms have been this bad, it just seems to be selected rooms here. The room was fairly clean for the most part. Things were stocked and I always had access to what I needed. The staff at the front desk are friendly and Mairlee in the restaurant has helped me many times and is always happy to help you.

Room Tip: Choose rooms wisely. If you notice strong odors suggest a room that doesn't. I have only stayed...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Tillamook, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

Dear 149Derekl,

Thank you for the positive comments about our hotel. We are always looking for ways to make your stay better and I will be looking at how we can improve the quality of our rooms. Marilee is one of the best in the Shilo Inns Restaurant and we have shared your comments with her. I will look forward to seeing you on your next stay at Shilo Inns Tillamook.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Stayed in a mini king suite and was amazed at the good value for just under $100 for the night. Check in was a breeze and front desk helpful and welcoming. Room was quite large, very clean and had plenty of counter space, seperate sink area from bathroom and fridge microwave. Room price included a complimentary drink during happy hour, half price appetizers and an excellent breakfast for two the next day. All the staff were excellent and we recommend this location to anyone looking for clean and comfortable lodging at an affordable price.

Room Tip: Stayed in the rear building away from the parking lot very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Endzoneplayer
Reviewed 27 July 2013

As a guest at theTillamook Shilo I must compliment Maralee and Liz in the restaurant for their great attitude and expertise in knowing the available food choices, expediency, and helpful, courteous behavior. What a joy to eat with service of this caliber. Goldy Joe Travis

Room Tip: ask and you shall receive
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Dear GJT1,

Thank you for your wonderful and kind comments about Liz and Maralee. I have passed the comments on to them and I agree that they are wonderful. We look forward to seeing you in the Restaurant again.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

In town for ball tournament...Not impressed from the start ... Rate was higher at check-in then I was quoted, had to dispute with night employee...room dirty: old papers left laying around, all kinds of stuff under the bed form Barbie dolls to dog poo. When I reported and asked about a discount I was told I would have to speak to manager at check-out, upon checkout no manager, the girl working told me she could take $20 off for each night (really there was dog poo under the bed) ... Had to wait an hour to get back into room after being gone 2 hours for housekeeping to finish re-cleaning after complaining. I know it wasn't the front desks fault and working front desk myself I did not want to be one of "those type of guests". I said thank you and left ... After returning home I emailed customer service and told them of all my issues, later that week I received a call that my complaint was red flagged for the manager who would be returning next week and he would be getting in contact with me ... A month later no call from the manager about my situation. I emailed customer service a few more times and finally got a $65 refund back. I guess its better then nothing. It was pretty obvious that the manager isn't to concerned with customer service or the satisfaction of his guest, since I never received a call back... Wont stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Dear Rachel,

I apologize for the frustration that you have felt with dealing with the cleaning problems during your stay and the lack of response when you reported the problem to the front desk. I am addressing these concerns with my all my staff so that future travelers will not experience the same issues. We really appreciate your taking the time to express yourself about these issues and know that we do take them seriously. I hope that you will consider staying with us in the future and see how many changes we have made for our guest’s comfort.

Tracy Woodley

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tillamook
The Ashley Inn of Tillamook
#2 of 3 in Tillamook
Harborview Inn & RV Park
Harborview Inn & RV Park
#1 of 3 in Garibaldi

Been to Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Tillamook? Share your experiences!