Shilo Inns Tillamook
The Ashley Inn of Tillamook(Tillamook)(Great Value!)
US$104
Harborview Inn & RV Park(Garibaldi)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$81
Travelocity
US$89
Garibaldi House Inn & Suites(Garibaldi)(Great Value!)
US$126
Ocean Rogue Inn(Rockaway Beach)(Great Value!)
US$43
Agoda.com
Silver Sands Oceanfront Motel(Rockaway Beach)(Great Value!)
US$102
Sea Haven Motel(Rockaway Beach)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$70
Tradewinds Motel(Rockaway Beach)(Great Value!)
US$96
Surfside Resort(Rockaway Beach)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$71
All reviewsfront deskcontinental breakfaststeam roomroom was cleanconvenience storeattached restaurantmini martyogurtgas stationcheese factoryan older hotelhot tubbiscuits and gravynothing fancyoregon coastwould stay here againpotatoes
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 June 2009

My fiance and I made our reservations the night before (on a Friday night) and were still able to get a 2 Queen bed room or a King room. We opted for the King room for $104 plus tax with our AAA discount.
I've stayed here once before in 2007. Nothing changed or new. Rooms are quite large with an in-room fridge, extra sink, microwave and coffee maker. Great water pressure in the shower. We had a view of the back forest type area. We stayed in room 215. Rooms are pretty sound proof too (my sis stayed next door to us and we didn't hear her 17 month old crying off and on all night--sadly she did!).
We liked that the pool/spa area is open 24 hours and fully equipped with towels to use. The front desk clerks were very friendly to us on both check-in and check-out. Gave us detailed descriptions of the place and surrounding areas.
Our only complaint was the smell in the room. Smelled like it was a previous smoking room. We finally got rid of the smell by having the window open while we were gone during the day along w/ the AC going too. No problems with the AC. Kept the room a nice temptature throughout the night.
We ate in the restaruant next door for breakfast. Pretty good food. I like it better than the nearby Dennys if I had to choose. Also right off the main road..easy to find your way around the town from here too.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2008

We've had good experiences at other Shilo Inns, so we expected the same from the one in Tillamook. First, the young woman at the front desk was not very knowledgeable or helpful. She wouldn't give us a discount (we are 57 years old) because we didn't have our AARP card. We paid $145 plus tax for a mediocre room that was in a noisy spot and had few amenities. We had just stayed at a beautiful hotel in Portland for $125/night with 1st class accommodations. Later that evening we saw the Best Western next to Fred Meyers and checked it out on line. It was $20 less a night and included breakfast. We felt truly ripped off! A month later we stayed at the Best Western and there is no comparison! Nicer, more accommodations and much better staff. We were treated very well and we got the AARP discount plus a delicious hot breakfast for $95/night!

Stayed: September 2008
Reviewed 5 August 2008

We stayed here for 5 nights, it is a very comfortable, quiet and pleasant hotel. We were exploring the Oregon coast and this was an excellent & reasonably priced place to go hither and yon from. The rooms are more like mini suites, with a kitchen/ sitting area. Breakfast is not included in the price but the adjoining restaurant was good and there is a Fred Myers across the highway, which you can walk to and get breakfast there or buy groceries to have in you room. The swimming pool and hot tub were very welcome at the end of a long hot day and the free internet use in the lobby an added bonus. The laundry facilities and on site shop were also most useful. The hotel was busy whilst we were there but we heard no noise at all from other rooms or from outside. All in all a great place if you need a base for touring.
One little niggle - Shilo Inns charge $1.50 per bottle of water left in your room, so get some at the supermarket and take it in with you.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2008

RESERVATIONS: Made an unexpected stop travelling through Oregon. When we arrived, the front desk clerk was the only one working and much to our surprise...there were quite a few people checking in on a week night, so there was a bit of a wait. No problem though. The front desk clerk was new, but very friendly and attentive. The only surprise was the cost. In a town like Tillamook, I was stunned that our rooms cost $129 a piece. We've stayed at nicer places in bigger towns and paid less. But maybe they need the money in a small town like Tillamook.

ROOMS: Upon arrival, we found opened used shampoo that looked like it was several years old. I thought someone had left their shampoo behind, until I discovered it was the motel's shampoo. It appeared the bathroom hadn't been cleaned all that well.

Overall room was VERY large and spacious. I was quite surprised, to say the least. Had an average-sized bathroom, but the biggest asset was the fact that there was a large sink area outside the bathroom to wash up, blow dry, etc. AND THEN...there was another sink area...more like a kitchen sink...but had a big mirror above it. So, my daughter and I were able to get ready at the same time without ever bumping into one another.

Other than bathroom, the rest of the room was clean. Bed and linens were fine. Working t.v. and I think we could have rented movies if we had wanted to. Blow dryer, iron, refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker in room. VERY quiet...it felt like we were the only ones there.

The only downside, though this is being nit-picky, is that the room wasn't well-lit.

PREMISES: Pool and spa area open 24 hours a day, which in VERY unusual. We didn't get to use the facilities, but the pool area looked inviting and clean.

There is a restaurant next to motel that was very good. They also have a LARGE mini-market that is open until 10 p.m. In the morning, stocked up on Tillamook yogurt that was CHEAPER than if we had purchased it at the Tillamook Cheese Factory. Also had fruit, donuts, and lots of grocery items.

The Shiloh was a very nice place.

• Stayed: May 2008
Reviewed 12 February 2008

Those are the top three words I would use to describe this place to stay away from home. I have been using this Shilo for over 3 years, and the staff has always exceeded my expectations. This hotel is centrally located for any activities planned in the area, with the cheese factory just down the street. The pool and hot tub are open 24 hours a day which is great when my kids are with me and want to take a midnight dip. There is a restaurant and convenience store in the same building as well for anything that may have been forgotten. One of the most comfortable places to stay when I travel. The staff here always makes me feel at home.