Shilo Inns Tillamook
The Ashley Inn of Tillamook(Tillamook)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$120
Harborview Inn & RV Park(Garibaldi)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$119
US$95
EconoLodge
Garibaldi House Inn & Suites(Garibaldi)(Great Value!)
US$130
Silver Sands Oceanfront Motel(Rockaway Beach)(Great Value!)
US$122
Sea Haven Motel(Rockaway Beach)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$91
Tradewinds Motel(Rockaway Beach)(Great Value!)
US$130
Surfside Resort(Rockaway Beach)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$88
US$200
Priceline
All reviewsfront deskcontinental breakfaststeam roomroom was cleanconvenience storeattached restaurantmini martyogurtgas stationcheese factoryan older hotelhot tubbiscuits and gravynothing fancyoregon coastwould stay here againpotatoes
Reviewed 12 December 2009

This was the first time to the Oregon Coast for my family (my wife and I and our two daughter aged 5.5 and 1.5). We wanted to find something that was bit central as we wanted to see as much of the northern coast as possible, I can say thay I was disappointed when we checked in as I realized how budget this hotel was, but quickly reminded myself that I shouldn't have expected as much with the deal we found. You pay for what you get. The hotel is a bit old and rundown but once we settled in it wasn't too bad. We made the most of it. And plus we were typically out for most of the day and would get back later in the evening. The pool was decent which my older daugter enjoyed everyday (the pool was open late too). We ate in the restaurant once, which was pretty good. It was convenient to have a Fred Meyer accross the street as we got our snacks and breakfast stuff (ie cereals and milk, etc) there for the week. All in all it wasn't too bad but not sure I would stay there again. I would also probably hesitate to recommend to a friend unless they were really looking at saving money and okay with a budget hotel.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2009

I would not stay at this hotel unless all of the other nearby hotels are full. We stayed here because we found a great rate on hotwire for $67. The first room they booked us in smelled strongly of cigarette smoke and you sign a waiver on check-in stating that if you smoke in the room they can charge $350 to your credit card. Down 2 flights of steps and up 2 flights of steps to the second room, we found all of the chairs in the room soiled with greasy spots. The final straw was pulling back the sheets and finding a spider crawling around under the "coverlet". If we were not so tired, we would have requested a refund and paid the extra $70 to stay at the BW across the street. The front desk staff did try to accomodate us by bringing in different chairs, but told us it was difficult to find chairs that weren't stained. Imagine that!

• Stayed: August 2009
davesutton, manager at Shilo Inns Tillamook, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2009

Dear angelandfw:

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent experience at the Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Tillamook. I apologize that our attempts to resolve your concerns did not meet the standards that we set for ourselves as a Shilo Inn.

Your observations have been brought to the attention of the entire staff. We will use your comments as a training tool to better serve our guests as we go forward. Hopefully your future travel plans to Tillamook will include a stay at the Shilo Inn Suite Hotel, we appreciate our valued Shilo guests - especially those that care enough to let us know when we can be a better hotel.

Dave – General Manager

Reviewed 6 August 2009

We were very happy with our stay at the Shilo. The front desk clerk was very pleasant, and the room was large. The beds were very comfortable. I used the indoor pool and hot tub and they were nice. I thought this was a great deal at the price of $85 including tax.

The only suggestion I would give this hotel is that they should have designated rooms for people with pets. We could tell someone with a pet had stayed as there was a small piece of dog food under the bed! Other than that, the room was immaculate.

I would definitely stay at this hotel if in the area again.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2009

My fiance and I made our reservations the night before (on a Friday night) and were still able to get a 2 Queen bed room or a King room. We opted for the King room for $104 plus tax with our AAA discount.
I've stayed here once before in 2007. Nothing changed or new. Rooms are quite large with an in-room fridge, extra sink, microwave and coffee maker. Great water pressure in the shower. We had a view of the back forest type area. We stayed in room 215. Rooms are pretty sound proof too (my sis stayed next door to us and we didn't hear her 17 month old crying off and on all night--sadly she did!).
We liked that the pool/spa area is open 24 hours and fully equipped with towels to use. The front desk clerks were very friendly to us on both check-in and check-out. Gave us detailed descriptions of the place and surrounding areas.
Our only complaint was the smell in the room. Smelled like it was a previous smoking room. We finally got rid of the smell by having the window open while we were gone during the day along w/ the AC going too. No problems with the AC. Kept the room a nice temptature throughout the night.
We ate in the restaruant next door for breakfast. Pretty good food. I like it better than the nearby Dennys if I had to choose. Also right off the main road..easy to find your way around the town from here too.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2008

We've had good experiences at other Shilo Inns, so we expected the same from the one in Tillamook. First, the young woman at the front desk was not very knowledgeable or helpful. She wouldn't give us a discount (we are 57 years old) because we didn't have our AARP card. We paid $145 plus tax for a mediocre room that was in a noisy spot and had few amenities. We had just stayed at a beautiful hotel in Portland for $125/night with 1st class accommodations. Later that evening we saw the Best Western next to Fred Meyers and checked it out on line. It was $20 less a night and included breakfast. We felt truly ripped off! A month later we stayed at the Best Western and there is no comparison! Nicer, more accommodations and much better staff. We were treated very well and we got the AARP discount plus a delicious hot breakfast for $95/night!

Stayed: September 2008