“Good Food”
Review of Pacific Restaurant - CLOSED

Pacific Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 October 2013

While a little bit more on the pricier side, it was exceptionally good. I had the oyster sandwich and clam chowder. The chowder was great and the oysters huge. We didn't order any alcoholic drinks, but they did have a nice selection of signature drinks and a decent wine selection. Our server was very friendly and attentive.

There are newer reviews for Pacific Restaurant

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Okay, I have eaten there twice now and feel like I can give a accurate review.
One must first appreciate that Tillamook Oregon is a waste land in the category of good healthy restaurants. If you like Tillamook Ice cream, your in luck, but if you want really good, local, healthy food, drive somewhere else. This has long been a problem for me as I travel to Tillamook often on errands and usually save my appetite for else where. That being said, I'd been hearing that this place might be an anomaly in Tillamook and I had to go try it.

The first time eating there it was okay. Not great but not bad. Service was kinda slow and the fish and chips (even though they were gluten free) were pretty much like any other place. I was under whelmed and a little disappointing. (Even though their bar menu was excellent!) As we were leaving the place I spotted a friend eating there and I asked her what she thought. She gave me the helpful hint to get the salads or the entrees. That is where they shined.

So fast forward to October. Starving.... in Tillamook.... not good. Then I thought, Hummm I'll try a salad at Pacific Restaurant. And I did. It was amazing! I had the seaweed encrusted salmon salad and it was a winner. The housemade avocado lemon dressing was killer! Everything was very fresh and local as possible, even the salmon. (And I am a fish snob, big time) It was plated beautifully and that shows a place cares. The service was excellent. And as a gluten free eater, I appreciate all the options in the menu.

This place is a little hole in the wall and a haven in a sea of dairy farms and ice cream. Don't go there expecting the trendy Portland culinary scene, but for Tillamook it is excellent! I'll be back. Thank you Pacific Restaurant for being there!

2  Thank Ziabaki
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I had read the many reviews of the Pacific Restaurant n Tripadvisor and had decided to give this place a go with my hubby when we recently went to the Oregon Coast. Glad we did! We actually drove RIGHT by it when we were looking for it, and had to turn around and come back off the highway to get to it ( it's not hard to find when you are paying attention, which quite obviously we were NOT! ;) Being a person with gluten intolerance, I had my heart set on the gluten free fish and chips ( came with homemade tartar sauce that was really good!), and ended up ordering the dish and sharing with my hubby because it was sooooo big! We also shared the beet and jicama salad and a piece of the yummy gluten free chocolate hazelnut torte. All the dishes were very tasty and we especially liked the zippy salad. We would certainly come back here on our way through again!

Reviewed 5 September 2013

We stumbled onto the Pacific restaurant nestled in and among a motel, tanning salon and who knows what. What a pleasant surprise to find a nicer, up to date looking restaurant at the coast. My husband and I both had the halibut fish and chip special and it was wonderful! So flavorful and moist - could not have been better. A nice selection of beers and a full bar was a bonus! The clam chowder made in-house was excellent. The staff was very friendly. All in all, a terrific experience!

Reviewed 4 September 2013

I have eaten here several times and we have tried quite a few of the menu items. Everything has been great!
Service is good.
Atmosphere is just OK, nothing special.