“Delicious, accommodating”

Cuisines: American, Seafood, Cafe
Seattle, Washington
“Delicious, accommodating”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Was here on a long trip along the oregon coast. I called at 8:40pm on a Tuesday night to confirm hours. The person on the phone said they closed in 20 mins but to come on in. I'm glad I did. The restaurant is cute, not too big. The menu is rather pricey. If you're expecting a cheap diner, this isn't it. I paid $24 for a hazelnut and parm cheese crusted halibut with veggie, potato and side salad. The side salad was very nice and large. The fish was delicious. It was the best meal I had on the coast.

I really appreciated how accommodating they were. The meal was absolutely delicious. Definitely recommend if you want a good meal and are willing to pay for it. The price is pretty much the norm for halibut so I wasn't upset at all about the cost. But the menu doesn't have a lot of cheap options.

• Visited August 2014

Portland, Oregon
“Bypass this restaurant on the Oregon Coast”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Stopped by Kendra's Kitchen on Hwy 101 in Tillamook Oregon for lunch and was quite disappointed with the prices and service. They do not have a lunch menu so you will pay full price for a meal lunch or dinner. Their prices were quite high for a restaurant converted from an old house. Not much ambience, you felt like you were eating in someone's living room. The table was not stable and when the waitress walked by the wood floor shook as if were going to fail. It appears the floor is not level as the table sloped down. This could all be dealt with but the service was not friendly. I think the waitress was the owners daughter and did not give the impression she wanted to be there let alone provide decent service - she seemed very unhappy. It took a while for her to come to our table to take our order yet there were only two other tables being served at the time. The food was okay but certainly not worth the prices they were asking. My wife and I had a chowder bowl they charged $8.95 for - not bad chowder but the potatoes were not fully cooked. The waitress never did come back to check on our meal. We eventually had to flag her down to get a refill on our water glass. There are many fine places to eat on the Oregon Coast but this is not one of them. We will not be coming back.

• Visited August 2014
3 Thank rickster2000
Pueblo, Colorado
“Great food”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Very nice meal. Moderately priced. Steak, seafood and a bar. Waitress was not that special but as stated the meal was great.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Dennis P
North Palm Beach, Florida
“IMPRESSED”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Our group of 13 showed up at 7:30. We were impressed with their ability to accommodate us and provide a wide range of meal selections in a timely manner. All were very pleased with their meals.
Kendra's has a homey atmosphere, attentive service and fine meals. We will be returning.

• Visited July 2014
Prince George, Canada
“Not impressed at all”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

We wanted to be spontaneous and try a local, non-chain restaurant. It was about 5 minutes before anyone even greeted us. She showed us to the table and we took about 5 minutes to decide. We placed our orders and she came back 10 minutes later to tell us they had no turkey for the turkey sandwich. I looked at the menu again and ordered the halibut burger. We waited about 35 minutes for our food which was longer than we wanted but we figured hey good food takes time. My husband enjoyed his chicken burger. My halibut burger smelled pretty fishy when I got it, but I looked it over and the texture was fine. The fish wasn't raw so I went ahead and ate it. Fish was bland and my hands smelt like fish for the rest of the day. My husband and I both felt a little off after eating at this restaurant and the place smelled really old. Would not go back here again. They also need at least one more server; it seemed like too much work for one person.

3 Thank Young051813