“Surprise find in Tillamook, OUTSTANDING”
Review of Koko's

Koko's
Ranked #27 of 53 Restaurants in Tillamook
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Beaverton, Oregon
“Surprise find in Tillamook, OUTSTANDING”
Reviewed 25 January 2013

If you are traveling down Highway 101 on the Oregon Coast and want to experience a great restaurant in Tillamook, Koko's is the spot. We knew there was a restaurant at the Alderwood Golf course in Tillamook and that it was supposed to be good BUT, after visiting, it is GREAT An acquaintance's input convinced us that we should try Koko's. WOW, what a surprise. I never dreamed that there was a restaurant as good as Koko's, in Tillamook. Food was fantastic, facilities were great and modern with a classy sense of artistic flair. The prices were somewhat high for Tillamok but well worth it. The salad was small but artfully prepared, wrapped in a cucumber slice. I had steak and my wife had a stuffed porkloin, both were prepared perfectly. Waitstaff was very friendly. It was important to the waitress that we were completely happy. The restaurant really has nothing to do with the golf course except it is located just off the course. Outside seating is available during warm weather and the view from the 2nd floor restaurant is beautiful. Full service bar, great menu. This is a one of a kind restaurant located in Tillamook, Oregon. Located North of the Tillamook Cheese Factory. Follow the signs from Hwy 101 to Alderwood Golf Course and Koko's. Perfect spot for a romantic dinner.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Aeroman089

Newberg
“Is this the best restaurant along Oregon's scenic coast line? YES!”
Reviewed 6 December 2012

What defines a truly great restaurant? What are the elements that make a restaurant stand above and beyond every other eatery? In my worldview, and by rank order of importance, it is 1) food quality, 2) level of service and 3) atmosphere. Koko’s in little ol’ Tillamook, Oregon is the finest restaurant anywhere along the Oregon coast and frankly stands shoulder to shoulder with many of the best restaurants of Seattle, Portland and even San Francisco.

I have dined at Koko’s five times as of this date and intend to dine there continually as I do business in that small bayside community. Our friends at the Tillamook Cheese Factory took us there one evening to celebrate and I was knocked off my chair with how perfect everything was. In fact, there were moments I was certain I was magically and suddenly transplanted to a San Francisco diner like Aqua, Scoma’s or Bar Crudo. The owners Dan and Koko Laviolette have created a restaurant on the Alderbrook Golf Course that is world-class and a must visit destination for anyone looking for a spectacular dining experience while visiting the Oregon coast. The Manager Angela Mendoza is one of the loveliest and warmest people ever in the business, and we were always greeted by her with big smiles and honest appreciation for our patronage.

The food is superlative, amazing, incredible; I’ve had something different every time and never a disappointment. The wine list is excellent and reasonably priced, and has something for every taste and budget. The service is outstanding and we were greeted by the chef on two occasions which is always fun and classy. The atmosphere is incredible, I mean this restaurant is spectacular, no expense was spared on its construction and it alone is a treat to be relished whether in the lounge or the formal dining room!

Naturally I could go on and on but I will let you experience it for yourself. Please go and visit this wonderful place and judge for yourself if this stands up to some of the great ones. I give this restaurant 5 Meows!

The Critical Kitty (aka, MarqusFlyer)

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank MarqusFlyer
Tillamook, Oregon
“Good food, quiet atmosphere”
Reviewed 12 November 2012

Beautiful building overlooking the golf course. Excellent food and check out the bathroom...beautiful.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Patriciaish
“Diamond in the rough”
Reviewed 6 October 2012 via mobile

Although there was only one review on TA, we decided to give this "off the beaten path" restaurant a try and were delighted by the superb assortment of expertly prepared apps and entrees. Located in one of the most elegantly casual golf courses we have been to, we savored our meal on the outdoor balcony overlooking the well planned course. We started our meal with the best crab cakes, cheddar beer soup, coconut prawns and spinach dip we have ever had. Following this epicurean start was stuffed pork tenderloin, rib eye steak and chicken Marsala...all were perfectly cooked and melt in your mouth tender! Our dinners included choice of garlic mash or pilaf and salad. The salad was the most beautifully presented salad we have ever had!!! It was almost too pretty to eat! We then topped it all off with dense flavorful carrot cake and Starbucks coffee. One piece of cake was large enough for four to share with half left! We were so pleased with all that came to our table and would highly recommend that should u be in the Tillamook area, you do not miss the opportunity to try this place...I am sure you won't regret it!

2 Thank Jacksbox
Otis
“Great lunch with view!”
Reviewed 25 July 2012

We took a drive North along the Oregon coast to purchase some fresh fish in Garibaldi, and have lunch while we were there. However, we couldn't find anything we thought we would like so we doubled back to check out the restaurant at the local golf course just north of Tillamook, it's just a short drive off highway 101. What a find! We loved it, everything was very, very good, EVERYTHING. The food was great, the service was very good and when we questioned the server about our meal she asked the chef to come out and talk to us. The restaurant is beautiful, and you have a wonderful view of the golf course, did I say we loved it. It was a great find. We will be back.

• Visited July 2012