“Yummy chowda”

Decor- beach shack
Service- ultra friendly
Food- yummy goodness
Coke Factor- Pepsi only

We came here for lunch while traveling up the Oregon coast. While the place is a bit run down looking, the food and service are great. We ordered:

Shrimp cocktail- delish
Clam chowder- creamy and rivaling my fav place in Pismo Beach CA
Shrimp and chips- yummy

Very pleased with our lunch. We sat outside on the worn picnic tables and enjoyed the sun and wind.

1  Thank melobeam

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Great food in general but I believe he has the best crabcakes I've ever tasted! The crab fondu was good as well. Everything was good!

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

We stopped (again) at the cheese factory, looked at the menu of very ordinary food and couldn't stand in the mile long line for ice cream. We walked across the street to this unlikely looking place and had the best seafood and chowder we have had in Washington and Oregon! Everything from the coleslaw to the chowder (gluten free and bacon free) is homemade. And no waiting! Really one of the best discoveries on our trip. The owner recommends buying your Tillamook ice cream by the gallon at the store for the price of a cone across the street. Good advice!

Reviewed 20 May 2014

The previous reviewer shares my thoughts exactly on this cool Oregon Coast seafood dive. We had passed by it so many times but never stopped until this past Sat. when we were relaxing at the beach at Rockaway and hunger struck! I looked on my Urbanspoon and TA app and thought this place sounded good. It was!

The inside is very divey, reminded me of Bell Bouy here in Seaside. The menu offered some of my favorite seafood items, it was hard to decide. I chose the Crab Melt and was it ever gooood! Lots of Tillamook Cheese on top and tons of fresh crab meat. The sandwich come with a side of Cole Slaw which was also really good. There is no inside seating, just a few picnic tables set up outside. I wonder what they do when it rains? I can't wait to go back and try the Crab Cakes which also sounded really good. Service is friendly and the staff was great about answering questions on the area to other tourists. Go here! :)

Reviewed 3 January 2014

The place is nothing fancy but it sports one of the best crab melts we have ever experienced. Not flakes of crab, but chunks of crab meat. Big enough that we shared one. The clam chowder was pretty good, too. We will go back.