“A surprise Treasure”

The Ashley Inn of Tillamook
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Tillamook
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We found this hotel to be quite a surprise. Clean, upscale, with friendly and helpful staff. If your goal is to visit Tillamook Cheese Factory and the Blue Heron Cheese and wine tasting you could not get a better hotel, with a better location. The beds were very comfortable and we both were able to get a good nights sleep. The breakfast was terrific....6 items to chose from that were cooked and brought to your table or you could serve yourself from the usual choices of regular continental breakfast, ie instant oatmeal, toast, bagels, pastry, etc.

This hotel sits behind the Goodwill store and across the street from Fred Myers, which lent itself nicely for shopping. It is far enough off of the main road that you do not hear the road traffic on Hwy 101.

Room Tip: Don't have a tip on how to choose a good room, our room was on the 2nd floor and faced the road...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank smilingsue1

Reviewed 29 April 2014

The workers of the Ashley inn were excellent and nice to me. The breakfast was good and all around just a good place to stay. Tillamook is a nice change from the city. So many nice people. Thank you for a great experience

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I was very surprised to find such a charming hotel in the middle of the night. The front desk girl Deana was very helpful. She made checkin pleasant yet quick. In the morning the made to order was very good and a great change from the normal grab it buffets that you normally get. Overall me stay was great. The rooms do need a good dusting more often though.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This hotel was dirty and the beds were uncomfortable. The voucher breakfast made my daughter sick.
My room was not cleaned if I left after 10:00a.m. and when I pursued this with the front desk it was my fault for not letting them know when we had left...why is that my responsibilty? Shouldn't the cleaning staff check my room before they leave to see if the Do Not Disturb sign is taken down? I cannot recommend this hotel, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Heidi Jo M
Reviewed 21 April 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here while we were visiting family and it was great! The front desk staff Megan and Keasha were very nice and accommodating. The room was also very spacious and the bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I stayed here last weekend while I was in town visiting a friend. It was great all around. The quality of staff, the room and the general atmosphere was above it's room rate. I highly recommend Ashley Inn. Its calm and peaceful and they have a real full breakfast they make to order instead of the typical buffet style, so it adds more class and family friendly environment.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We had booked an RV spot for the weekend. I was disappointed because they changed things. We used to stay here because the kids could swim and we could have access to the breakfast all included in the cost of your RV spot. When I called and reserved it and when I checked in I was not told that the swimming and breakfast no longer came with your RV spot that you had to purchase that separately. We have stayed here several other times in an RV and it had always been included. I was told by one person that it is $5 per person for swimming and $10 per person for breakfast (if that is the case Denny’s is cheaper) and then told by someone else that the breakfast was $5 per person so I’m not really sure which one it is as we opted not to purchase it. The wind was so bad the first night we were there that we got no sleep (we have a hard sided tent trailer) so we opted to rent a hotel room for the next night. The staff was very nice about that and let us check into the room early and even credited me back for the one night we weren’t using the RV spot. I really appreciated that. The beds in the room were very comfortable and the room was clean. I also liked the water pressure in the shower as well as the shower head was up high. The pool was also very clean. With us and our family/friends we had rented a total of 4 rooms that weekend. I was disappointed that when my friend called about military discount (because the website indicates you must call for that) she was told that the military discount wasn’t valid for spring break so they booked the room online. When they checked in the person helping them that time said had they called in and not used the online they could have used the military discount. That is what they had tried to do the first time but were told it wasn’t valid for that weekend. It seems to me that you don’t get consistency with their policies and I am glad that they actually do give military discount regardless of spring break though I wish my friend would have been able to use it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Cecilia B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tillamook
Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Tillamook
#1 of 8 in Rockaway Beach
Harborview Inn & RV Park
Harborview Inn & RV Park
#1 of 3 in Garibaldi

Been to The Ashley Inn of Tillamook? Share your experiences!