“GREAT for MY situation....”
Review of Mar Clair Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tillamook
Mar Clair Motel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Tillamook
Bartonville, Illinois
“GREAT for MY situation....”
Reviewed 20 February 2013

I travel a lot for business, and I use trip advisor frequently to help me pick out where I'm willing to stay. So generally I search 1st for the closest paces, then the cheapest places within my search range, then finally the price range....my goal being to find the best possible cheap hotel in which to spend the night. I noticed right away in the front office that the clerk was quick and very helpful while getting me checked in, then after finding my room (which has real old keys, that actually make me feel a little nostalgic towards the place) I was pretty happy when I walked in the door. Sure the wall paper and T.V. may be out dated, but the room is SPOTLESS, the bathroom is aslo SPOTLESS......anyone who has read one of my other reviews, knows I'm very anal about one detain specifically.

All in All, I would absolutely recommend to others!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank J_S_2011_S_J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Forks
Reviewed 7 October 2012

We spent one night at this motel. The people in the office were friendly and helpful. We were wondering if the first floor room we had at some point would have flooded during a bad winter storm. One minus was no way of cooling the room off other than leaving the small bathroom window open. Plenty of hot water for showering. The supplied soap at least was not made in China. The room and bathroom definitely were clean. The motel is well within walking distance (easy) to restaurants. We don't care about dated, but are looking for clean, with friendly staff and this motel definitely fit those criteria. We would definitely recommend as good value for the money.As other shave said, it definitely depends upon what one is looking for in acomodations.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kathy D
Depoe Bay, Oregon
Reviewed 14 September 2012

I spent a weekend at the Mar Clair and was impressed by a few things and disappointed by a few.
As stated in other reviews this is a much older motel that had a remodel a number of years ago. The look and feel is that of an older budget motel. The room I had was comfortable and spotless clean! I had a cable TV on an older style tv, and no problem getting free WiFi on my laptop and phone. The bed was a little soft for me but comfortable, pillows are small and extra soft so if your like me and like bigger pillows, be sure to ask for extras. Some reviews said walls were thin but I did not notice that, I never heard my neighbors at all. The best part for me was the shower, hot water for days and lots of pressure! I did however miss a few amenities. The biggest was no coffee pot in the room, yes they had free coffee and breakfast in the lobby but I am just one of those people that prefers not to see anyone before a cup or two of coffee ;)
It seems so rare to see a motel without a small fridge, coffee pot and a hair dryer that it just seems odd that these are missing from what otherwise would have been a 5 star rating from me. Overall for the price you cannot go wrong with the Mar Clair.

Room Tip: Stay on the "upper level" and you will have a nice easy walk to the convenience store and...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank OzzPwg
Anacortes, Washington
Reviewed 30 August 2012 via mobile

This motel is dated and has the musty smell of so many older coastal buildings. BUT, during our stay dealt with at least four different front desk folk and they were all friendly and easy going, cept one and he was ok, professiinal but dry. The room was spotless. The bathroom was hideously dated but gowed bright and clean. Bed wasnt plush but not uncomfortable. Tried to leave a tip during stay when we wanted housekeeping to refresh our linens. I even told her it was for her. She was obviously hispanic and i guess she disnt understand. So she was so honest she didnt even take it. Breakfast is pathetic, pastries, canned fruit and coffee. Thats it. So depending on what ur looking for now u'll know if its for u or not. Honest, friendliness and cleanliness are most important to me and they rise to that standard easily.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank posibility409
Reviewed 23 July 2012

A good value,clean,old school motel.Friendly staff with good restaurants within walking distance.
I'll stay here again when traveling through Tillamook.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Chevyimpala
Harrison, Michigan
Reviewed 19 July 2012

We were given a suite at the same price as a regular room! It was magnificent! It was like staying in an apartment! Five separate rooms and a second tv in the bedroom! We will always remember this motel as one of the best places we have EVER stayed!

Room Tip: Did not have a pool or fitness center. The restaurant next door, "The Pacific" had delicio...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Harry T
Riverton, Wyoming
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Its not a five star hotel, but it was a great place to stay over night. The swimming pool and hot tub were both well kept, and even though the rooms were a tiny bit dated, they were clean and everything worked. The front desk clerk was very friendly and the hotel is located right in Tillamook. A great hotel to stay at and very friendly.

Room Tip: Didnt eat at the resturant, but heard great things!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Hannah G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tillamook
Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Tillamook
#1 of 3 in Pacific City
Western Royal Inn
Western Royal Inn
#2 of 3 in Tillamook

Been to Mar Clair Motel? Share your experiences!