“Wildflowers, chipmunks, vistas. ”
Review of Timberline Lodge

Timberline Lodge
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

We hadn't realized that Timberline Lodge is such a beautiful place to visit in the summer time. Purple Lupins, other yellow, white & purple flowers that we didn't know the name of were everywhere. Friendly chipmunks that ate out of our hands as we sat in the Adirondack chairs on the patio behind the lodge with an incredible view of Mt Hood. Service in the lodge was excellent, the room and the beds were comfy and clean. The breakfast buffet was delicious, especially the make it yourself waffles with local berries & nuts. Dinner was $210 for 3 adults with wine & dessert. It was a very nice dinner with locally sourced selections and a large, locally sourced wine list. We enjoyed the beautiful sunset & thunderstorm that passed nearby. The views from the lodge and trails behind the lodge were spectacular. Overall it was a top quality, national landmark facility with a sincerely helpful staff & management. A great experience.

Stayed: August 2014
There are newer reviews for Timberline Lodge

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We stayed at the Timberline lodge for one night in August. The total cost for the room and meals at the on site restaurant was over $500. If you can afford it, it is an interesting historical site in a beautiful location. We enjoyed the free tour of the hotel, which was run by volunteers from the National Park Service. Expect hordes of tourists to be bussed in during the day, but they are gone by 6:00 P.M. and it gets very peaceful in the evening. A great place to stay once in your life. No wi-fi in the rooms, but you may get service in the lobby. When we arrived in the late afternoon, our room was not ready (we ended up waiting two hours), but there is plenty of hiking and exploring to enjoy while you wait. I checked back after one hour, and then every half hour until the room was ready.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2014

My mother is 94 and I stayed for two nights at the lodge and the weather was so nice we stayed out on the patio for hours. Our room had an excellent view to Mt. Jefferson and the surrounding area. We ate all our meals at the dining room and had such great service and the food was wonderful. Breakfast and lunch is buffet style which we really enjoyed, especially Mom who does not eat much so she had what she wanted without wasting what she couldn't finish. I have celiac so ate all the fruit and other none gluten choices and enjoyed them all. There are non gluten meals and also other choices for others with food alergies. All good.
This lodge is a must see for visitors to Oregon and for all who are lucky enough to live in Oregon. The wood work was done by artisians back when the lodge was built and is a treasure. The people who work at and for the lodge are to the person friendly and helpful from top down.
Stay and enjoy and if a person is a snow boarder or skier the lift will take them to the snow field high on the mountain. In winter of course snow is a picture. We stayed in early August, and enjoyed the wild flowers and the views and the fresh mountain air.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view to Mt. Hood, We had a room on the opposite side with gave a distant view...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Timberline Lodge is a national treasure. Every trip to Oregon by new visitors should include a stay at this piece of history. The rooms are comfortable, the food is yummy and the service impeccable. No matter what the season, there is always so much to do here and it transports you back to an earlier era.

Room Tip: the standard rooms are cozy - if you like large rooms, choose one of the other options.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We had a great time at Timberline Lodge. Tubing is great fun and very affordable. The hotel is amazing and a must see for fans of the Shining. The hotel is situated in picturesque mountains, with deep snow at either side of the road. The food is pricey but is of a good quality.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I stayed here for one night with my mom and husband in a bunk room with shared bath. The room was clean and it was nice to have a sink inside the room. The shared bath was large, close by, and clean despite it being shared. Plenty of hot water.
What really made the stay memorable for us was the staff, especially Jessica at the front desk. We arrived at 9:30 am after red eye flights even though check in time wasn't until 3pm. She put us on a list to have the room cleaned right away. We said we would go hang out upstairs and she asked if we would like to have the staff start a fire, yes please. My mom asked if we could have a blanket and without hesitation she said someone would bring one up for us. After a nice nap by the fire we went for a walk up the mountain and I missed a call from Jessica at 10:30 saying our room was ready and that she would call back to make sure we received the message. At 11:00 she called back, as promised. Not only was the room ready a full 4 hours before it officially needed to be, but she called me twice to let me know.
Each of the staff was friendly and helpful when needed, I thought Jessica provided fantastic customer service and she exceeded my expectations.
The fancy dining room was worth the splurge for dinner, the food and service were excellent. My mom and I split and entree and our portions were larger than my husband's.
It is worth it to watch the video on how and why the lodge was built. It made being there more meaningful to me and I appreciated all of the details even more.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Stayed here two nights for a business meeting. The lodge itself is in a beautiful location, panoramic views from every side. Food and conference rooms were excellent.

Biggest disappointment was my room. I liked the rustic decor and southern view including Mt. Jefferson, however the room was extremely small, and the toilet was a joke with only about 18 inches clearance in front of it to the wall. Worse yet was the total lack of noise insulation...I could literally hear every sound being made in the rooms on either side of me and out in the hallway.

Knowing the age and history of the place, I wasn't expecting 5 star modern, but perhaps a few updates are due.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Comfort Inn Portland
Comfort Inn Portland
#63 of 144 in Portland
Resort at The Mountain, BW Premier Collection

Been to Timberline Lodge? Share your experiences!