“Very Nice HIE in Troutdale, Oregon!”

Holiday Inn Express Portland East-Troutdale
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Troutdale
Michigan
“Very Nice HIE in Troutdale, Oregon!”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The staff was soooo nice! We loved downtown Troutdale also! Would stay here again in a second. Rooms were outstanding! Trains went by all night long, but you would never know it! Perfect for catching an early flight from PDX.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Korissa H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland East-Troutdale, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
ballietm,
Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us. Our staff does their best to accommodate our guest's needs. Please come back to see us again. We enjoy having you!

Thanks,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Tigard, Oregon
Reviewed 26 May 2014

An bunch of us were celebrating my 50th. we went to check in and they instantly upgraded my room. some of the other guest were arriving late and they said no problem and that they would hold the rooms. We get back from the party and their waiting for me was an pie from Sherrie's. Sasha at the front desk was very accommodating with me and other party members. We all said that we would stay here again.
Thanks so much Sasha and the Holiday Inn Express

Room Tip: I was on the 3rd floor at the south end and heard nothing, slept very well.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I checked in at 9pm on a Sunday Evening, so, management contact
was not an option. I made a reservation on Saturday, March 29, for a two
room executive suite for myself and a colleague. When I came to check in on
the 30th, I was given a room. I went to the room and noticed right away it
was not a two room suite. I went to the desk and asked why. The desk clerk
told me it was a mistake, the two room should not have been on the website.
So, here I am at the hotel with a colleague and no communication had been
made. They just switched my room because of their mistake. I am not sure
who decides what gets listed on a particular hotels rate site, but I assume
it was this locations responsibility to have the listings correct. This
location has been nothing but trouble and I feel they do not shed a good
light on the HIE brand. I almost never have trouble at IHG with the
exception of this location. So, I will not stop here again, but I think the
IHG group needs to look seriously at this location and its management

Room Tip: Stay at a different location, I promise if it is not one thing, it will be another at this location...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Lensdrug
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland East-Troutdale, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear Lensdrug,

Thank you for your review about your stay. It is truly unfortunate to see that you did not fully enjoy your time at the hotel. We take comments such as these very seriously and would like to follow up with you. We have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Troutdale hotels

Hollywood, Florida
Reviewed 4 February 2014

the hotel was very nice and located conveniantly close to our job site. love the jacuzzi, used it every night for about twenty minutes to thaw and renew my aging muscles. breakfast was ok and saved time as apposed to wasting time stopping somewhere on the way to the job every day. the staff here was excellent and went out of thier way to make me and the whole crew i was working with comfortable and feel at home. everyone from the front desk help to the managers deserves a round of applause and a big raise. exceptionally freindly and very proffessional. would not hesitate to return here on bussiness again or with my family on vacation.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Korissa H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland East-Troutdale, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Daniel J,
Thank you so much for your feed back! Our staff work very hard to please our guests and we are so happy to hear they had pleased you and your group. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you in the Future

-Holiday Inn Express Portland-East Troutdale
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed stay here, very typical holiday inn express. Location a little outside city but not a difficult drive. Sherry ' s restaurant in parking lot convenient. Rooms clean and staff friendly. Would stay Here again.

• Stayed November 2013
Roseburg, Oregon
Reviewed 28 December 2013

I paid for my hotel room 315 in cash,when I arrived to my room and took my shoes off the floor was extremely sticky!!!!!!!!!!The bed sheets gave me a rash and bumps on my legs,when I told them about the situation,they did nothing there was no manager onsite,I wanted a refund and they refused to refund me my money!I talked to the manager on the phone and she had very poor managing schills and bad attitude,I just wanted to be refunded but the refused!

Room Tip: Learn how to clean properly,learn how to refund when needed,and learn how to be a manager!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank LISA R
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland East-Troutdale, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Dear LISA R,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work diligently to ensure our facilities and services are superior and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Please accept our sincere apologies for falling short of your expectations. We take comments such as these very serious and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare
Seattle
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Because of my IHG Rewards membership, I was greeted with a goodie bag and upgraded to a Junior Suite. The room was very modern and upscale for a HIX. The bed area and living area were separated by a wet bar with mini fridge. The room was both large and well laid out. The Wifi was reliable, which is always important to me. Overall the stay was great. My only complaint was that at 7:00 the next morning, there was almost no food in the hot buffet section of the breakfast area. One omelet and a couple tater tots, both of which looked like they had been in the warming area for a long time, and no meat or biscuits. I basically settled for some toast and cereal (the standard breakfast at lesser hotels). If it was busy, I might understand not being able to keep up with the food, but there were all of 4 people in the breakfast area at this time. As much as HIX promotes their hot breakfast, I was surprised that they let this lapse.

Room Tip: If you can get a suite, I recommend it.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank foodnwine2522
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troutdale
Comfort Inn Columbia Gorge Gateway
Clarion Inn
Clarion Inn
#5 of 11 in Gresham
Best Western Plus Parkersville Inn & Suites

Been to Holiday Inn Express Portland East-Troutdale? Share your experiences!