“Friendly Staff, Comfy Clean Rooms!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Comfort Inn Columbia Gorge Gateway
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Troutdale
Springfield, Oregon
“Friendly Staff, Comfy Clean Rooms!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

My husband and I stayed here over the weekend. It's a great location if you are looking to do some hiking (Columbia gorge area) or head into Portland for some dining/shopping, we did both. The staff was incredibly nice and friendly and the room was so comfy and very clean! I super loved the 1pm check out time!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Loree_Harrell, General Manager at Comfort Inn Columbia Gorge Gateway, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
That sounds like a perfect weekend - spring green Gorge, shopping, and good food - well done! : ).

I'm glad we gave you a comfortable and friendly place to come nestle back in to at the end of the full days, and , yes, the 1:00 checkout completely rocks, doesn't it?

We hope to have you back in the house soon, and thank you for making the time to write - it's appreciated.

All the best,
Loree

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I spent 7 nights in a king room. We thought the room was good sized. The bed was very comfy. The sink area is separate from the shower/toilet area so it made it easier getting ready in the mornings. The sink area had been remodeled with a granite counter. The housekeeping staff did a good job refreshing our room each day. The breakfast is your normal hotel breakfast - nothing too great but edible. The breakfast staff did a good job keeping the food well stocked and the area clean and organized. If we had neighbors in the room next to us, we didn't hear anyone but we did hear the people above us when they walked. You do hear train whistles several times each night. We liked coming back each evening and having freshly baked cookies available - it was a nice way to end the day. The front desk staff were friendly. We liked being outside the busy Portland area in this quieter area rather than being on a busy street but yet it was only a short drive into Portland. My only complaint is some maintenance issues: We opened our drapes and saw that the wallpaper had been stapled to the wall in what looks like a fix to a water leak, a wallpaper seam was peeling, some nails/bolts(?) showing in the ceiling, old/worn shower fixtures. Even with these maintenance issues, I would still stay here again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for spending the week with us and for making the time to write and give us your feedback. I particularly appreciate getting your input on the daily housekeeping refresh, as that’s something I don’t have the opportunity to inspect, and guests rarely mention.

We have moved the remaining fixes on the eastside windows to the top of the list after you mentioned the issue in your room at checkout, and they’re in process now. We had all those windows replaced late last fall, and didn’t get all the cosmetics completed before winter, so have made it a priority now that spring is here and windows are opening again : ). Thank you for the bump, and for not letting that skew the overall positive of your stay.

We look forward to having you back, and hope that you thoroughly enjoy your spring into summer.

All the best,
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

And the end of a long day of driving through eastern Oregon, and through the Gorge, Comfort Inn in Troutdale was just what I needed. We had a king bed room bed was super comfy and I slept great. When I checked in they told me check out time was 1PM, Seriously 1PM!!!! That is the latest check out time I have ever seen at anywhere in the Choice family

Due to my choice rewards status, they provided free bottles of water (which were already chilled!!) and a choice of a goodie from their goodie basket, Very nice. Front desk staff was super friendly, energenic and very personable. She knows how to provide hospitality.

Hotel is close to the freeway, but I didnt hear much noise from the freeway, any major noise is from the neighboring airport, but wasn't an issue until the morning. Lots of shopping and food options nearby due to being near 2 major truckstops.

Breakfast was well stocked with many hot and cold options, and plenty of food available. Being it was still early spring the hotel was not super busy, but come summer months this place gets crazy busy. Needless to say I will be back when I am in the area again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KJ9000
Hood River, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

I've stayed here frequently on business, and tonight I was on a personal trip, just returning home up the Gorge, when I was stranded by icy weather. The manager Loree was welcoming, warm, and so helpful. I've had a comfortable evening watching the Oscars in a quiet, very clean and comfortable room and am looking forward to their usual ample breakfast in it's a terrific small hotel all the same. Rates are economical, parking easy, wi-fi reception strong and free, and the refrig and microwave are always very helpful. In better weather the outdoor spa would be enjoyable. BTW, the Choice Privileges club is definitely worth signing up for and keeping current.

Room Tip: East side upstairs rooms have privacy even with curtains left open.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank tripper10234
Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

Snow and ice caused major traffic jam on 205 north so had to stay in Troutdale where I work. Luckily there was a room available.

1) Service upon arrival was pleasant and quick. Even had fresh baked chocolate chip cookies
2) Given upgrade without asking.
3) Room very clean, organized and well appointed
4) I get up very early and even though the continental breakfast did not start for 1.5 hours the GM, Loree, was at the desk and was very gracious to offer to create a "to go" lunch bag with an apple, banana, orange, bagel, cream cheese, yogurt and muffin. Wow!

I definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

Wonderful stay! Front desk super nice! Mindy I think was her name.. She was amazing and incredibly nice! Very helpful! I liked how they gave free soup and cookies! The rooms were really nice! Clean and beds were comfortable! I love the pillows and I don't sleep with pillows ever! The rooms smelled new and nice! Just wish it wasn't so much! I'd defiantly come back to this hotel if I was in the area! Oregon is such a beautiful place and has the nicest people I've ever met! I've been to just about every state! Oregon by far has the nicest service anywhere! Thank you Mindy for being so nice! You are awesome! :)

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Starburstkayla07
kansas city
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

Just a very well run hotel. clean, well managed and staffed really shows!!! If you need a hotel in this area, right off I-84, book it. Could not find anything to be improved upon.
1-clean, clean
2-friendly and quality staff
3-nice quick breakfast area
3-easy parking and entry
4-great bedding and comfy bed
attention to details really show.
(fyi to front desk staff-the larch mnt. view top, road is closed in winter, so that little tour didnt work out for us!!)

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Loree_Harrell, General Manager at Comfort Inn Columbia Gorge Gateway, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
Thank you so much for making the time to write - I am most glad that you had a good stay with us. I will, however, be shaking my head for a couple more days about us sending you to Larch Mountain in January - we didn't mention that you'd have to hike in the last seven miles? : ) It is, however, a magnificent view - maybe next time you're out this direction on the opposite side of the year. Meanwhile, I hope you got a good block of time in the Gorge!

Always happy to see clean and friendly on the top of the list - we work very hard to make that true. I will pass along your appreciation to staff, and we looking forward to you coming out west again someday.

All the best of this new year to you,
Loree
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troutdale
BEST WESTERN PLUS Cascade Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Portland East
Hampton Inn Portland East
#13 of 138 in Portland
BEST WESTERN PLUS Parkersville Inn & Suites

Been to Comfort Inn Columbia Gorge Gateway? Share your experiences!