“Good overnight stay”

Comfort Inn Columbia Gorge Gateway
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Troutdale
Reviewed 21 July 2014

If travelling along the Columbia Gorge and need a place to stay, look no further. Easy access to/from the freeway, yet quiet. Friendly and helpful staff - from front desk to kitchen and a nice complimentary breakfast. Comfortable beds, good shower, frig and microwave in room. No complaints, no problems. Recommended for a good nights stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pat T
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Columbia Gorge Gateway

Reviewed 17 July 2014

This place was in a great spot at the entrance to the gorge, was surprisingly comfortably furnished, had a fine breakfast, and was far more reasonably priced than places in the gorge (Cascade Locks or Hood River).

Also, I left a pair of pants behind and the staff found them and held onto them for us to pick up two days later.

As long as you're not expecting a fancy resort with tons of amenities, you'll be very pleased with this place.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lapert
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This is a nice place to stay. The only negative was our room temperature. Our air conditioner did not work, it blew out warm air. When I called down to inquire about changing rooms we were promptly moved across the hall to a room with a working AC. I was told that temperature is an issue here with rooms on the west side of the hotel. Our room was not on the west side though, the air conditioner was just old and didn't work. So, I would request an east side room but make sure the AC works if you are here in the summer. I know it's Oregon but it was 95 degrees!
Other than that, this place is great. Great breakfast, great cookies at 5pm, very clean, very friendly!

Room Tip: Ask for east side of building.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Liz A
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

The rooms were clean and nice. The beds were a little hard for my liking. Microwave and fridge which I always like. The exercise room could use some weights but cardio equipment was good. They offered soup and cookies Monday-Thursday at 5pm which was nice. Staff was helpful and courteous. The pool is a joke. It's a hot tub and very small.
There are lots of good restaurants near by and you can't go wrong with the hiking in the Columbia river gorge. Overall it's a nice place and the price is good.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Christopher Sco... O
Reviewed 7 July 2014

It was very late in the evening when I arrived at the hotel, I have been before and was very happy, I thought I would try it again, and wasn't disappointed. I walked in without a reservation, and they were able to accommodate me, with the last room!!! There was a sport event near by, and all the hotels were full. I thought, Comfort Inn. I was right, even though it was a disabled room, It was perfect, the bed was fantastic and the room was a godsend. I slept so sound that night, and the early morning breakfast was outstanding. The staff was very quick and efficient. I was right to try again. I highly recommend this hotel. It is very easy to get to and quick to get back on the I84. I definitely go back again, but maybe with a reservation, I was lucky that time.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank riceahroni45
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We spent our first night of our week long road trip to Oregon at this hotel. It was spotlessly clean, beds were comfortable, it was very quiet and had a wonderful breakfast! After our road trip to see Crater Lake we returned for two more nights while we were sightseeing in the Portland area. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone. It's a short drive to the Portland airport and the Columbia River Gorge and all it's wonderful sites. I'm sure we will stay here again on our next trip to our favorite state, Oregon.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Angela D
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Very nice, comfortable, and quite hotel. Guest services/staff very helpful and friendly to assist in request. Great location for seeing the breathtaking Columbia Gorge. Room extremely clean, with a wonderful bed and pillows. At 5 in the afternoon, they offered fresh, hot cookies, and soup. Not a meal, but very tasty. Breakfast was extremely well prepared with lots of eggs, bacon, sausage, breads, plus, they had all of the healthy foods. I would certainly recommend this motel and will be returning when in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Peter H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troutdale
Best Western Plus Cascade Inn & Suites
#20 of 144 in Portland
Camas Hotel
Camas Hotel
#1 of 1 in Camas

Been to Comfort Inn Columbia Gorge Gateway? Share your experiences!