“Very nice, quiet and clean!”

Comfort Inn Columbia Gorge Gateway
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Troutdale
Olympia, Washington, United States
“Very nice, quiet and clean!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Truly an economical place to stay. It is quiet, very clean, and priced so well. Just a short distance from the freeway, it offers close proximity to the a wonderful collection of outlets also. A nice breakfast is included with your stay!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Loree_Harrell, General Manager at Comfort Inn Columbia Gorge Gateway, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Thank you for making the time to write, Wendy! - I am most gratified that your stay with us was comfortable and a good value for you... if you like our rates in high season, you should plan to come back for your Christmas shopping, and you'll be ecstatic : ).

We look forward to having you back in the house next time you're this direction.

All the best to you,
Loree

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel 3 nights from 8/7/14. I'd say overall the hotel was fine, i.e., convenient location, nice breakfast, quiet night for sleep. The room was clean with comfortable double bed and pillows. However one night when my toilet wasn't flushed I called the front desk for help. A man around 40 years old came up within 5 minutes knocking my door. He handed me a toilet plunger and quickly (almost ran) away without saying anything. I didn't have a chance to ask him anything. Another word this would mean " Go do it yourself!". My wife and I were stunt! We stayed at so many hotels from 2 stars to 5 stars. But we never had to plunged the hotel toilet by ourselves! I wanted to come down the front desk to pour my anger but my wife stopped me because she needed to use the toilet! This hotel management needs to review its policy or retrains their service staff. Would never stay here again!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
I 'm glad you had a good stay with this exception, and do apologize for the miss in service. I will reinforce with front desk staff to use their words : ) - we do often only have one on the desk evenings, and that person is responsible for everything in the house, so if they have guests waiting, there is pressure to get back to the front desk. That should have been explained.

Please contact me through my profile here, or directly at the hotel, and I will adjust for the service issue.

All the best of summer to you, and we hope to see you again soon!
Wasco, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

The hotel was quiet, the bed was comfortable, it was clean and the staff was great. I thought it might be loud near an airport and I84, but it wasn't. The rooms were small, but updated and really nice.

Room Tip: I was on the west side, and it was perfect but I think the whole property would be quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
You are absolutely correct, Kathy : ) - the whole property is oddly quiet, given our proximity to the freeway and the little airport across the way... we apparently have stellar walls, and just don't get noise complaints from the outside, as you confirm from your room on the airport side : ).

A note for those reading about the beds - the kings are pillowtops and the queens are firm mattresses, so hopefully we have a bed that will suit everyone.

Really appreciate you making the time to write, Kathy, and hope that the rest of your summer is glorious!

Best,
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

I was not looking for luxury by any means. Just a clean and quiet place to stay. It hit both of those requirements. I was concerned with it being quiet as it is right across from a minor airport. Amazingly it was. Amazing because when I stepped out of the hotel, the helicopter launching off 100 yards from me, was extremely loud. I didn't hear it in the hotel. It was also right off a freeway.

Free decent breakfast. Bacon, toast, scrambled eggs, yoghurt, juices, bagels, bananas, milk, cereal, English muffins, and pastries. Beyond my expectations.

Free wifi that was at an only slightly annoying speed.

Stayed here to see the Columbia Gorge. You can't get a better located hotel for that.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be created equally
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Loree_Harrell, General Manager at Comfort Inn Columbia Gorge Gateway, responded to this review, 15 September 2014
I had to laugh at your comment about the helicopters : ) - yes, there is an international training school over there, and when they're doing that exercise where they hover and learn to pick up logs with a cable and hook (it has a name, which currently escapes me), it's not subtle. After nine years, I'm still surprised at how quiet the rooms are. Good walls, and it helps that there is only occasional light plane traffic at that airport in the overnights, I suspect.

Glad breakfast exceeded expectations, and we're working on upgrading the wifi from Only Slightly Annoying to Must Have Been Good Because I Didn't Even Notice It. : )

Hoping to see you back soon, and thank you for your patience awaiting a reply.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Very Clean, Comfortable, all amenities. inc a free bottle of water. Staff was friendly. Includes a warm breakfast, which was set up Very nicely! Right off the highway..but best of all, the rooms and bedding were Clean and clean smelling! Even with the air on. we were on the 1st floor , we did hear a little bit from above, but it was in the morning when everyone was up and about. and dont forget the yummy cookies at nite (and soup). Very close / 15-20 min to Downtown Portland. I would probably stay here again when we head down to Portland , instead of staying downtown..way cheaper! Definitely recommend.

2 Thank debntim1
Glad we were good for you! I'm always surprised a bit when Clean is noted - seems like friendly and clean should be job(s) one in this business, even in pet friendly rooms. We make a point of keeping our pet rooms to the same standards as our non-pet rooms... traveling with your companions should be a delight for both you and them.

Happy you were here for the soup and cookies (you're right, they rock - I have to hold myself to one visit to the tray a week).

Looking forward to having you back in the house.

Green Valley, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Quiet, clean, comfortable beds, great location and reasonable price. Breakfast was good, late afternoon soup and cookies were delicious. Easy access to/from the freeway. The staff was friendly, accommodating. We would stay here again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Barbara Z
Thank you for making the time to review and please accept my apology for the delay in response... high season was a very high season this summer, and it's taking me some time to get caught up on all the more enjoyable parts of my job. : )

Very happy that your stay with us was good, and it's great to have soup and cookies waiting for you at the end of the day, isn't it? We hope to have you back soon and look forward.

Carefree, Az
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

We had three adults. We were able to book a room with one king and two queens. A half floor to ceiling wall separated the rooms. The room had all the amenities:flat screen TV, refrigerator, microwave.

The staff was great. We got free bottled water, a free candy bar and every night they baked cookies.

The location is superior if you're interested in seeing the water falls and Mt. Hood. And it is only a half hour to downtown. A big outlet mall is very nearby.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Resque
Glad that you were able to book the family suite - it's nice not to have to buddy up and have some room to move around, isn't it? Glad that we treated you well on top of the room being right, and hope you had a truly wonderful trip to the Gorge and the rest of this wonderful place we live in.

Thank you for making the time to write and hope to see you the next time you're out our way!

[p.s. How wonderful to live in a place called "Carefree". I hope it is.]
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troutdale
Best Western Plus Cascade Inn & Suites
BEST WESTERN PLUS Parkersville Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Portland East
Hampton Inn Portland East
#15 of 139 in Portland

Been to Comfort Inn Columbia Gorge Gateway? Share your experiences!