“More like a pub than a hotel restaurant”
Review of Power Station Pub

Power Station Pub
Ranked #5 of 53 Restaurants in Troutdale
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Located at McMenamin's Edgefield
Reviewed 16 July 2014

It was busy so we ate at the counter overlooking the kitchen. Maybe it was because of the location of our seats, but the service was spotty. With so much good beer to sample, you don't want to be dry for long!

1  Thank FlaHockeyFan

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Try a beer flight. And cajun tater tots, especially during happy hour. Burgers are good too and sandwiches. ORder a meal here and take it in to the theatre.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I RARELY write a bad review for a restaurant because I prefer to live in the positive. HOWEVER, I have had enough bad service at McMennamins venues that I finally feel compelled to speak up.

I had a guest from out of town who wanted to see the Edgefield property, so we went out on a Saturday for lunch. We wanted to sit outside so we had to wait for 15 minutes or so to get a table. Our hostess was not very attentive or good at her job (I blame management for poor training). We were standing by the hostess stand after we put our name on the list and she greeted us like we were new arrivals (in a very luke warm way) about 4 times. No retention she had already worked with us. So, it was finally time for us to be seated...sat in the world's most uncomfortable chairs for about 15 minutes before our waiter took our order. After we had given him our order he said, "Did they tell you we are running a 30 minute ticket time today?" I asked him if it was really going to be that long? He said it would probably be longer.

We had other things to do so we had to leave. Would have been nice if somebody had saved us the 30 minutes of wait time simply to tell us we would have to wait another 30 minutes for a hamburger. And the place was NOT slammed. The inside of the restaurant had very few patrons. IMHO Edgefield needs a MUCH better training program. Nice property, typical McMennamins food (so/so) and very bad service. Will not put this on my "things to show new people" list ever again.

2  Thank dsaxon9454
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Two different people recommended this place, so we tried to go on a Friday night. We are from out of town and have never been there before. The parking lot was confusing - it was divided into several different lots. We didn't know where to go to park close to the pub - there were no signs, or they were too hard to see. There were so many cars driving around in the parking lots looking for places to park that we could hardly move. We couldn't go back out the way we came in because we were blocked by cars coming in. We finally found ourselves several lots away from the commotion by a playground. There were some places to park there, but we didn't know if we would ever find our way to the pub (which we never even saw). We thought that if we ever did find the place we would have a LONG wait because there were so many people everywhere, so we left as soon as we could find an exit to the maze.

2  Thank AlaskanVagabond
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We have been here many times in the past and enjoyed the experience, but the food quality and service have been really bad the last two times we visited. I had the Fish and Chips for $14! Horrible! Two tiny, overcooked pieces of cod, and cold, overcooked, greasy fries. They had ONE poor waiter for the entire restaurant. He was running around like crazy, but of course had no time to check on us to see if we needed more to drink. For what I ate, which was about 2 bites of fish and NONE of my fries - it cost about $7 a bite. My husband ordered two sliders - $3 each - and got about three bites each - and the beef patties were overcooked and "withered" looking. So his meal was about one dollar a bite! A bargain compared to my meal! You know, years ago when I was working my way through school as a waitress, if I noticed that someone had eaten VERY little of their meal, I would inquire if everything was ok with their food, and if not, I offered to bring them something else. I guess those days are gone. They sure are over at the Power Station. We won't be back.

2  Thank MandMIdaho