“loading dock grill superb”

Black Rabbit Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Black Rabbit Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 53 Restaurants in Troutdale
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 244th Ave
Transit: -From downtown Portland, take MAX light rail east to the 82nd Ave. Transit Station; transfer to Tri-Met Bus #77 (Halsey Street) east to Edgefield’s main entrance. -From Gresham Central MAX Station; transfer to Tri-Met Bus #12 (Sandy Blvd.) to 223rd and Halsey; transfer to Tri-Met Bus #77 (Halsey Street) east to Edgefield’s main entrance.
Reviewed 28 July 2014

we actually strolled to the golf starter hut and had a ruby, a rubinator, a whiskey, and a pear blossom cocktail for the 4 of us. then we had lunch at the loading dock grill. i had the grateful veg hemp burger with a salad, and the other 2 had a burger -basil white cheddar burger. we loved the food as usual. server was great!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

The Black Rabbit pub next door is much better. Lower prices but still classy, tasty food. Black Rabbit Pub during happy hour is the best place on the property to eat.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I eat here after Edgefield concerts and have been doing so for several years. It's a nice option when sitting in a parking lot for an hour is your other choice. There has been a recent menu change and the few items I liked are gone. This week I had scallops wrapped in bacon which was served cold and ever so slightly undercooked. Yuk. I also had a soup of the day that was way too salty.

I'll give this higher marks based on a history of decent food but average is generous based on my last visit.

Service is good, setting is nice and the artworks us downright creepy, which I like.

I'll continue to eat here after concerts but I'll stick to the burger in the future. McMenamins knows burgers.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Also known as McMenamin's, this delightful spot serves up some real fine food. A seasonal asparagus salad with a strawberry vinegar was only out done by the Black Rabbit artisanal cheese board...3 large pieces of cheese served with quince pate, roasted walnuts and terminator bread. The murals on the well were intriguing. Service was surprisingly laid back since there were only a few tables occupied at an early lunch.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We had the Salmon, it was delicious and plentiful. This place is a little pricey, salad was extra, dinner was the salmon and some interesting cucumbers. Wine list was immense. We asked for a booth and we told they were all taken, we were seated at a table surrounded by at least 6 empty booths.