“Not handicap friendly”

Comfort Inn & Suites Tualatin - Portland South
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Tualatin
Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

So my daughter and I stayed here one nite for a concert in town and we loved the room with the two person hot tub. Room was huge. Bed was cozy. Windows had good curtains that closed all the way. But the handicap parking spots are all in front by main door which doesn't have an automatic button so unless u have a friend with you to open the door you are pot of luck. They have a ramp on side of building but you have to walk thru all the smokers outside and still no auto door opening. We did enjoy the location and room but wished the handicap entrances were useable

• Stayed: September 2013
Lee H, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Tualatin - Portland South, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. I apologize that we do not have an automatic door opener but perhaps that will be considered in a future upgrade.
I am pleased that you found your jacuzzi suite spacious and the bed cozy. I hope that not having an automatic door opener will not deter you from staying here again, perhaps on your next concert in the Portland area, Comfort Inn Tualatin will be your Hotel Choice!
Thank you again for your review!

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Front desk was very courteous n helpful...housekeeping did an excellent job...we always had a nice hot breakfast every morning....always had fresh cookies every evening....stayed on the third floor so i was happy to have an elevator....love comfort suites

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Lee H, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Tualatin - Portland South, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2013

Dear Patti,
Thank you so much for choosing Comfort Inn & Suites Tualatin.We are so happy that you found your stay here comfortable and you slept like a baby! We are glad you enjoyed the hot breakfast buffet. Thank you for sharing your experience with other travelors!

Reviewed 17 September 2013

We needed a room for one night. We got more than our expectations. Spa and pool open 24 hours. Area is clean and well cared for. We slept like babies because the bed was the most comfortable one we'd had in a hotel. While it is near-ish to the I-5 there was no road noise at all. Breakfast was above average. We'd stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for discounts. We used AARP and got a good rate.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Lee H, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Tualatin - Portland South, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

We are so happy that you got more than you thought when you stayed at Comfort Inn & Suites Tualatin!
Our beds are very comfortable and yes, we offer a very large and filling breakfast to our guests. So glad that you were pleased with the choices.
Our location is perfect according to many guests. Even though we are close to the freeway, we are far enough away that the freeway traffic noise is not heard so you will get a good nights rest.

We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 12 September 2013

Everyone we dealt with worked there for less than 2 months (I guess they cleaned house) Experienced issues from reservations (didn't get the room we booked 5 months prior) to horribly customer service, to charges charged to wrong credit cards, to wouldn't accept cash (what?). Everyone we talked to shrugged it off as though it was really unfortunate, but nothing they do to fix, due the fact that they just started there, and weren't sure what to do. Don't even get me started on their hotel manager Lee. What a joke! When we called to try to fix billing issues on overcharged rooms, we were told that if it made us feel any better, they fired someone over this. Nope, don't feel any better. How about a discount...that would have helped. The only people we saw breaking the no smoking rules were staff. Breakfast was decent enough, and I have to admit they had great pillows, but I wouldn't go back to this location again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 September 2013

The staff did a fantastic job taking care of my wife and me at our visit! Not only was it clean and quiet, but my special requests were punctually given attention. We will definitely stay here again when I visit this area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Lee H, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Tualatin - Portland South, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at Comfort Inn & Suites Tualatin. We appreciate you posting a comment about our hotel. These reviews help us improve as well as keep us motivated to continue to strive for 100% guest satisfaction. Thank you again, we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

A bit off the highway but worth the handful of left turns. The hotel has all the basic accommodations one would expect for a 2 plus star rating. the room was larger then we expected. Given that the hotel is closer to the town's center, it is very quite. THe room was clean and the overall condition of the hotel was well maintained . I would stay here again and would choose this hotel if I needed a place close to Portland and I wanted to avoid the congestion of the city.

Room Tip: Upper floors and anything on the east end.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank da3311
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I came to stay here for training with a new job. I came with 2 service animals and the staff was absolutely fantastic. They helped me on a couple of days that I was at work for 12+ hrs by walking the dogs for me. The staff was super helpful and friendly. The cleaning staff was thurough and my room looked wonderful every day. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a safe, clean, friendly place to stay. Especially if you are looking for a place that is pet friendly.

Room Tip: If you have specific needs just ask the front desk. They are amazing to work with.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tualatin
Century Hotel
Best Western Plus Northwind Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego
Crowne Plaza Portland Lake Oswego
Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Lake Oswego

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Tualatin - Portland South? Share your experiences!