“Unbelievable mess”
Review of Lehman Hot Springs

Lehman Hot Springs
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ukiah
Lehman Hot Springs
Ranked #1 of 2 Ukiah B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 June 2010

I had tried the previous year to stay here and discovered that the night I was booked the hot springs was actually closed. They told me I had one year in which I could use my room credit, so I rescheduled with my husband, thinking it would be a lovely escape. How wrong I was.

We traveled through central OR by motorcycle and nearly every place we stopped was lovely. Lehman Hot Springs web site made it look like a luxurious spa type resort. I was stunned to discover just how misleading a website could be.

The road into the hot springs was beaten pavement which turned into a terrible dirt track with huge ruts and rocks. When we arrived we were given a cabin and both of us were ready to take a soak, but were told the spring was only open for another 30 minutes. We decided to park the bikes, change clothes and get a quick dip. The cabin foundation was lined by black plastic and what looked like tow bars. We opened our cabin door to discover unmaid beds, dead insects everywhere, dirty sink and unbelievably, NO WATER for toilet or shower!! I went to ask if the water was turned off and was told by the staff that the pipes had frozen and that it was not yet repaired...in June???!!!! Why weren't we told prior to arrival since we had reservations in place for a couple of months?

At this point, we simply told them we were leaving and not staying. The girl at the desk gave me a gift certificate for a stay in the future, which would have been a kind gesture under different circumstances, but in this case it was a near insult. We had paid nearly $100 for this cabin for one night, a refund would have been much more appropriate.

I love hot springs and don't mind roughing it. But Lehman Hot Springs is advertised as a luxury resort and fell quite short of anything near that.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
36  Thank demenshea

Been to Lehman Hot Springs? Share your experiences!