“I have seen better...”
Review of Tillicum Inn

Tillicum Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Umatilla
Reviewed 21 July 2012

The women at the front desk is not very friendly but the guy who was working it was really talkative and nice. The pool was disgusting; it was closed when we first got here and then they opened it up and I realized why it was closed. There was so much dirt at the bottom of the pool I really think they dont clean the pool. All around the pool there was piles of trash. Really disappointed! The room wasn't bad it had clean beds, nice inside the room and the ac works amazing. However the bathroom was disgusting there was mold growing on the cocking and water stains in the tub and the water pressure wasnt good at all. I stayed with my 3 year old son and 4 month old daughter, she spent most of the evening crying but never once did I get a complaint so I guess it was good that they are understanding when it comes to infants. I may or may not stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Alysia F
tillicum i, General Manager at Tillicum Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2014

Under NEW management as of August 2014!!

Reviewed 4 July 2012

It may be the best Umatilla has to offer, but if I was to do it over again, I believe I would stay further down the road in another town. Box springs on bed was severely stained & nasty looking. Bathroom - caulk needs to be replaced around fixtures - cracked & old. People hanging around outside wanting access to interior corridors - was approached by 2 people outside while I was loading my car up saying the doors were locked to the lobby, but wanted to contact their son who was staying inside. Made me uneasy. Pool area was dingy & needed cleaning. Not enough towels in the bathroom.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank LizzyWA
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Motel has been remodeled but still needs some improvement. The bed was past it's useful life as were the drapes. Room was reasonably clean. Towels are on the small side. The room has a coffee maker but If you want decaf coffee or tea best to stay somewhere else. Nearest good dining is about 8 miles away.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank NarcissisticSwine
Reviewed 30 May 2011

It's just a little bit run down, but my room was clean. It wasn't wonderful, but what do you expect? The woman at the desk isn't very friendly. I had the feeling that I probably could have found a better place, but the price was fair. Would I stay there again? Probably not.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank inali9
Reviewed 9 December 2008

We had received good service and accommodations in the past so every time we were in town we used the Tillicum Motor inn. This last week it was just my 88-year-old mom and myself needing one room for one evening so I called them 45 minutes before we got into town to confirm they had one room with two beds for us. I was told they did, so when we arrived we had suitcases in hand. We were informed she forgot that I had asked for two beds and the only two beds in one room left were upstairs. When I told her I was disappointed because I called her in advance just one hour ago, she coldly told me I could go somewhere else. I do understand mistakes can happen and I would have even chosen to stay on the second floor or come back to stay there another time but because of her uncaring attitude I will never stay there again. We found another place to stay the night.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank westcoastSeattle
Reviewed 22 July 2008

I get there after a 4 hr drive and they cannot find my reservation which I had made online because they screwed up my last name. When they finally figure it out, they give me the two rooms, but each with one bed and three rooms down from each other- for 2 adults and three kids 16, 12, and 4. We finally get into our room and my kids are disappointed because there were very few channels, mostly sports and news, so I tell them we can swim, get all of us ready and the door to the pool is locked- no sign, no mention was made, and upon inquiring I am told "pool's closed, theres a problem with it'" not even a sorry. I end up stuck in a hot hotel room with three kids and nothing to do- so much for vacation.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2007

A hotel firmly in the one star category.

PROS:

1. If you book in advance on the website, it is a good $20 a night cheaper than anything else in the area.

2. Umatilla is a quiet, safe small town. Especially if you get a room facing north, you will have a very quiet night. Good air conditioner. Room was clean.

3. Restaurant next door (sports bar) is very good, and there is a grocery store within 1/2 a block. Also a liquor store across the street (not a source of trouble).

4. Umatilla is a good base location for exploring - convenient to Tri Cities (Washington state) and Oregon Gorge. From the hotel, you can jump on the interstate in about three minutes.

CONS:

1. Really, really soft bed.

2. Sandpapery bath towels.

3. We stayed two nights, and they "forgot" to clean our room between night one and night two. Did nothing to make up for it, despite me talking politely to management about it.

4. Pool was ice cold (and this was the end of summer) and the water was cloudy, and completely in the shade from about noon forward. Surrounded by super tall fence. Not a nice place to hang out.

5. Room furnishings okay, but definitely well used.

BOTTOM LINE:

If your standards are budget, and you'll be happy with the very basics, this is an okay choice.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank UrbanManUSA

Been to Tillicum Inn? Share your experiences!