“Won't be back..Prison wifes beware”
Review of Tillicum Inn

Tillicum Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Umatilla
Bend, Oregon, United States
“Won't be back..Prison wifes beware”
Reviewed 18 February 2013

The beds were really bad, they kept sliding off the what looked like home made boxes. Got in shower and did enjoy the shower head then found the soap/shampo dispenser was emty. The free internet would not connect. No alarm clock, light bulbs out. If improvements were made could be a very nice place to stay.

Room Tip: Bring your own shampo,soap,blowdryer,alarm clock
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Pamela H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Seaside, Oregon
Reviewed 9 September 2012

Stayed here for a one night stay which was horrible, The first room the gentlemen placed us in the refrig did not work so he placed us in another room. The sheets on the bed had hair on them, night stands had not been cleaned in who knows how long, picture above bed was VERY dirty, Bathroom floor had a lot of hair on it, the caulking needs to be replaced, mold in bathtub, shower curtain also had mold. WILL NEVER RETURN!!! & not to mention it is located next to a strip bar :(

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Lacey P

Travellers are raving about these Umatilla hotels

Tigard, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 21 July 2012

The women at the front desk is not very friendly but the guy who was working it was really talkative and nice. The pool was disgusting; it was closed when we first got here and then they opened it up and I realized why it was closed. There was so much dirt at the bottom of the pool I really think they dont clean the pool. All around the pool there was piles of trash. Really disappointed! The room wasn't bad it had clean beds, nice inside the room and the ac works amazing. However the bathroom was disgusting there was mold growing on the cocking and water stains in the tub and the water pressure wasnt good at all. I stayed with my 3 year old son and 4 month old daughter, she spent most of the evening crying but never once did I get a complaint so I guess it was good that they are understanding when it comes to infants. I may or may not stay here again!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Alysia F
tillicum i, General Manager at Tillicum Inn, responded to this review, 9 September 2014
Under NEW management as of August 2014!!
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 4 July 2012

It may be the best Umatilla has to offer, but if I was to do it over again, I believe I would stay further down the road in another town. Box springs on bed was severely stained & nasty looking. Bathroom - caulk needs to be replaced around fixtures - cracked & old. People hanging around outside wanting access to interior corridors - was approached by 2 people outside while I was loading my car up saying the doors were locked to the lobby, but wanted to contact their son who was staying inside. Made me uneasy. Pool area was dingy & needed cleaning. Not enough towels in the bathroom.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank LizzyWA
Cottonwood, Arizona
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Motel has been remodeled but still needs some improvement. The bed was past it's useful life as were the drapes. Room was reasonably clean. Towels are on the small side. The room has a coffee maker but If you want decaf coffee or tea best to stay somewhere else. Nearest good dining is about 8 miles away.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank NarcissisticSwine
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 30 May 2011

It's just a little bit run down, but my room was clean. It wasn't wonderful, but what do you expect? The woman at the desk isn't very friendly. I had the feeling that I probably could have found a better place, but the price was fair. Would I stay there again? Probably not.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank inali9
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 9 December 2008

We had received good service and accommodations in the past so every time we were in town we used the Tillicum Motor inn. This last week it was just my 88-year-old mom and myself needing one room for one evening so I called them 45 minutes before we got into town to confirm they had one room with two beds for us. I was told they did, so when we arrived we had suitcases in hand. We were informed she forgot that I had asked for two beds and the only two beds in one room left were upstairs. When I told her I was disappointed because I called her in advance just one hour ago, she coldly told me I could go somewhere else. I do understand mistakes can happen and I would have even chosen to stay on the second floor or come back to stay there another time but because of her uncaring attitude I will never stay there again. We found another place to stay the night.

• Liked — close to family
  • Disliked — Attitude of front desk person
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank westcoastSeattle
Also consider these accommodations in or near Umatilla
Quality Inn Umatilla
Oak Tree Inn - Hermiston
#4 of 7 in Hermiston
Best Western Hermiston Inn
Comfort Inn & Suites Hermiston

Been to Tillicum Inn? Share your experiences!