“So accommodating,”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Vernonia
Rock Creek Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 5 Vernonia B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I stayed here with my family in
September. We could not have asked for a more pleasant place to spend our time. It's private, clean, enough space for three of us, and breakfast that is unforgettable. If I return to Vernonia, this is my top choice and would stay here again without a doubt!

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Startravelor

Reviewed 13 April 2014

All 15 Trip Advisor reviews rated this B&B excellent which is why we decided to try it during an exploration of Vernonia,Jewell and Mist.
The Rock Creek B&B is absolutely charming. The experienced hosts have provided a lovely
relaxing setting with décor/design that looks like it came from Country Living magazine.
Fresh flowers,a pleasant patio and garden with several birdhouses,private breakfast delivered to the room,off street parking,etc.etc.
Guests comfort is obviously very important. I remain surprised that we found such upscale lodging in a rural.logging town.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael E
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I was in Vernonia for flight training. I was referred to Rock Creek by the flight instructor, I really had no idea what to expect, as I had never stayed at a B&B prior. The accommodation I was shown to is actually a garage converted to an apartment. It was remarkably roomy and well lit. There is a kitchen area, a large sitting area and a somewhat separate sleeping area. There is a small refrigerator and a microwave. The bathroom includes a shower/tub and a separate small dressing area.

The bed was queen sized and had a very comfortable mattress. Linens were clean and soft. The bathroom was very roomy and had nice fluffy towels.There is a dedicated hot water heater and I never came close to running out of hot water.

In summary, the room was really comfortable, very well decorated and remarkably quiet.

Breakfast arrived at 7:00 AM per my request. The food was excellent. Hot and very tasty. Sometimes a little more than I could eat.

Pat and Gary Davis, the proprietors, were really just the nicest people. Very friendly, very helpful in pointing out places for dinner and places for walks.

All in all, a very comfortable stay. I don't really know what I could have asked for to be better. I will certainly plan to come back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Michael W
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We stayed at this charming bed and breakfast three days in December. What a lovely experience! The private cottage with its own entrance was very romantic and comfortable. There is an electric fireplace, TV and VCR with lots of movies to choose from, stereo, books and magazines, and a full kitchen. There is a small lanai which will be lovely in the spring and summer. The breakfast was amazing and different each morning. The owners were helpful and accommodating. We would love to return someday.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank hapytraveler10
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I've never stayed at a B&B before. I hope they're all this lovely, because if so, I will be doing it a lot more often. I was in town on business, and with the nearest hotel a long drive away, my choices were limited. My travel agency picked Rock Creek -- good choice.

I arrived fairly late for a one night stay, but Gary was happy to show me to the room and explain the process. I think this place was bigger than my first apartment, and with so many little surprise touches, I probably spent my first hour in the room just exploring it.

Mind you, I'm a dude, usually kind of snarky, and frilly, girly accoutrements usually make me cringe a little, but the owners have struck just the right balance of feminine country touches, eclectic decor, and modern warmth. I mentioned in their guest book that I rarely use the term "lovely", but that's exactly the term to describe Rock Creek.

And breakfast. Oh my. The scrambled egg square (a crustless quiche?) was the most delicious thing I've eaten in months. I'd go back just for breakfast.

I was last in Vernonia in 1987. I hope I don't wait another 26 years to come back, and when I do, I'll be staying here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank RulesLawyer
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Having to attend to some family business, my cousin came upon a listing for this B&B. Three of us stayed in the cottage and agreed that it was a wonderful place to rest our heads after two long days.
The beds (one of them a pull out) were incredibly comfortable. Pat and her husband Gary couldn't have bee nicer.
Pat is a wonderful cook. Our breakfast consisted of home baked blueberry muffins coffee, juice, fresh fruit AND artichoke quiche. I can't say enough about this lovely guest house except if you are in the area don't miss staying here.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Earthgoddess2013
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Their one room is a converted small garage with a spacious sitting room; half wall separating the bedroom; bathroom with attached small dressing area; kitchen; lovely small private patio looking out over the owner's own garden. Good towels which are always one of my rating criteria! Gary and Patty are super friendly. Breakfasts were unbelievably delicious with generous portions of everything. In Vernonia is one end of a 21-mile Rails-to-Trails walking and biking trail. Glad we had 2 nights to relax and enjoy this place!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank rub14

Been to Rock Creek Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!