“Good for the soul!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Waldport B&B and Inns
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Good for the soul!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

We recently enjoyed three wonderfully, peaceful days at the Cliff House. The comfort, views, and breakfast were spectacular. I was especially fond of the 7:30 coffee delivery to our room! Sharon and Glenn work endlessly to ensure their guests have everything they need and then some. We look forward to a return visit.

Room Tip: We loved the views from our private deck in the Morning Star room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
2 Thank MaryPatH-D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

My husband and I found this lovely place by reading other reviews on this site. They were all absolutely right. We stayed in the Alsea Room which is slightly separated from the main house and I highly recommend it. It has marvelous views of the ocean, the bridge and the inlet. We had planned on only one night here but ended up extending our stay. Both Sharon and Glenn are marvelous hosts, the breakfast is beyond wonderful and if you want a lovely, quiet retreat, this is the place for you.
Can't wait to visit again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ruth C
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

I had the good fortune of choosing the Cliff House Bed & Breakfast for my week-long stay on the Oregon coast. The home was warm and welcoming, grounds and view spectacular, and breakfast was the best I've ever had on a daily basis (yes, I gained 3 pounds over my week-long stay!). Hearing the words "welcome home" when I returned from being away was a nice touch that was truly appreciated and made me feel like a member of the family. For folks who just can't put away 'technology' I will say that I had better cell phone and WiFi connection at the house than anywhere else on the coast. On truly rainy days, Sharon and Glen have a decent amount of cable channels and a vast movie selection on hand to choose from. If you have a little extra time and money I highly recommend treating yourself to a nice long massage in their gazebo overlooking the ocean. My overall experience was even better than I anticipated and I definitely plan to return!

Room Tip: I enjoyed staying in the Morning Star room and have no qualms about choosing the same room again. Th...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank LJ W
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

My son and I stayed at Sharon's and Glen for one night only and were pleased with the location and welcome. Sharon even let me use her printer for an urgent job which was very kind. The room was small but confortable, but the true highlight was the breakfast with an orange soufflé for 8 spirited out of a tiny kitchen by Sharon's true gourmet fingers...the place must be even nicer in the winter (think log fires and fog on the beach) but was a great american welcome for us! Keep it up...

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Fred C
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed in the Alsea room. The view was spectacular. It was clear on our visit so this may have attributed to feeling like we were in an impressionist painting... Sharon and Glen were friendly and acomodating. A laid back setting with just the right amount of amenities.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank danemummy
Fife, Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

The Cliff House is in a near-perfect position overlooking the Alsea estuary, with fantastic sea views and close to a wonderful, quiet beach. The Alsea room is detached from the main house and is more private than the other rooms in the characterful house. All the rooms are beautifully decorated and furnished, and offer everything you need for a comfortable stay. The breakfast though...oh, the breakfast. Delicious (the French Toast was spectacular) and plentiful, enough to set you up for the day. Really can't fault the Cliff House...if you're looking for somewhere a bit special on the Oregon Coast, this is as close to perfect as you can get.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank a_z_jackson
Dillon, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

My first review of the Cliff House was on Nov 5, 2009. Nothing has changed. If I could rate our stay as 5+ stars, I would. Once again, Sharon and Glen were the perfect hosts and we really did feel like family...again. Breakfast was wonderful, the location was wonderful and our hosts were more than that. We won't wait 5years for our next visit.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Jim K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waldport
Deane's Oceanfront Lodge
Hallmark Resort
Hallmark Resort
#2 of 24 in Newport
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,595 reviews

Been to Cliff House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!