“Cancelation cost me $52.00”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Waldport
Waldport Newport KOA
Everett, Washington
“Cancelation cost me $52.00”
Reviewed 14 July 2012

Decided not to go as it was cold there. 57 degrees & 100 in Cali where we are at so decided to stay. So when we called I thought it would be a $!0 cancellation fee but they charged us $52. Thats with more than 72 hrs notice!!
I feel that is too steep and will never decide to book there again! Seems greedy as most KOA is $10 with 48 hr notice.
NOT RECOMMEND DUE TO LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE.
Peoples plans change, and feel they not respect that. Was ready and willing to pay the $10 and they wouldn't budge on the $52.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Hoffiedog68

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
salem
Reviewed 12 April 2012

My wife and I reserved a cabin on what we thought was a special deal on the internet and a cabin with a Kitchen. The staff guy checking us in gave us the key and said "bow chicka wow wow" which I found inappropriate. Turned out that somehow the automatic reservation for KOA reserved us the honeymoon cabin! Since the dude was inappropriate regardless of what kind of cabin was rented, we got our money refunded and left. Had to pay a $10 cancellation fee. I think KOA owes me $10

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Diana M
Florence, Italy
Reviewed 14 November 2011

My wife and I had been RVing it along the Oregon coast, but my work called for a bit more connectivity than we could get on our wi-fi cards at the nearby state park.
We found this KOA - as KOAs go - to be nice, clean and friendly.
We asked for the site with the bridge view and got to enjoy the light on the water all morning and afternoon... excellent.
A bit more pricey than the state parks, but you get a KOA... with all that it entails!
Would we come back.. you bet!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bisbohemian
Sacramento
Reviewed 1 August 2011

Just returned from a weekend in Newport and stayed in one of the cabins at the Waldport KOA. I concur with everyone else's positive comments. The staff was super friendly from the moment we arrived to when we left; the campground and facilities were clean; there were adequate bathrooms/showers; bike rentals and multiple playgrounds for the kids; pool table/communal fire pit and benches for socializing; ice-cream social on Saturday night; Water pipe/firepit/picnic table/porch swing at front of each cabin; parking next to each cabin; TV/DVD/dorm fridge in cabin; one reviewer mentioned everything was too close so no privacy, I saw it as a positive, since our neighbors on either side had kids of their own and everyone was friendly and "neighborly" which made our stay there even more enjoyable.
As for the surrounding area - there are so many things to see and do, from the view of the bay, the nearby beach (kids spent hours there!), the Newport Aquarium, Rogue Brewery Tour, great places to eat, the lighthouses...I can't compliment this place enough for providing a clean, family-friendly place to stay while we explored the Oregon Coast. We definitley plan to return, and stay longer next time!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Kathalina916
Lebanon, Oregon
Reviewed 6 April 2011

I stayed here last may with a group of friends and his family. We all had a blast! the location was amazing, Alsea bay was way better than staying by any beach. It was the perfect sized area for all my friends and i. there was hardly ever anyone else there so we had the whole sandy stretch to ourselves. we played hours on end outside. On the downside, the staff here was extremely rude to my friends and i. He treated us like we were a bunch of delinquents. The minute he saw us teenagers he (the owner) was completely discriminating against us. He gave us an attitude like we were gonna bomb the place or something. First thing he did when we got there is he pulled us over and sterotyped all of us, calling some of us troublemakers and whatnot. Keep in mind all of my friends dress appropriate and none of us do drugs, drink, etc. He threatened us that he will kick us out if we cause any trouble. We never did anything to him or gave him any reason to treat my friends like dellinquents. Throughout my stay he would stare down my friends and i whenever he saw us. His attitude made us feel very unwelcome and a little offended. I hope the staff reads this, because you can't treat your guests like that no matter how old they are. i travel a lot and plan a lot of the trips that i go on, and i was impressed by the location and the campsite itself, but i will probably never stay here again because of the way i was treated.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
10 Thank rockgibson92

Travellers are raving about these Waldport hotels

Oregon City, Oregon
Reviewed 1 March 2011

I recently stayed at the Waldport KOA February 25-February 27. It was during the Seafood and Wine Festival but we did not attend it since we brought our twin 2 year old boys with us. We had so much fun. The kampground was very clean and had a beautiful view it is right next the Alsea Bay. There is so much to do near by, we went to the Newport Aquarium and Depoe Bay. We ate at some of our favorite restaurants Georgie's Grill, 60's Cafe, and the new Pig and Pancake in Newport. We had a wonderful time and would deffinently go back.

The only thing I recommended when we left was better locks in the kabins. Since I have twin 2 year old boys I need to the best system to lock the door so they can't escape at night. The doors are set up like a hotel that you slide a card in to. They are neat but when you lock the door from the inside when you pull the handle you can open the door. We had to block the door with larger objects to keep my kids in. I would deffinently love it if they had an extra lock.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Lucasandnathan08
Auburn, WA
Reviewed 19 August 2010

We recently spent 7 nights here with our family, and overall had a pretty good time. I can say this because we were not at the campground much, and were going to see the sites of the Oregon Coast daily. First, the good things.... Extremely friendly staff, I can't say enough about this great bunch of people, just as other reviewers have stated. There are quite a few activities available for such a small campground. The Ice Cream social on Saturdays was a nice item for families, and the ability to rent the beach bikes was nice. We stayed in a cabin and found it very clean, but a little over priced for what you're actually getting. What I didn't like was lack of bathrooms here. There always seemed to be a wait to use the bathrooms, and it didn't matter what time of the day it was. There is DEFINITELY a need for more bathrooms here people. I don't think waiting 20 minutes to use the bathroom is expectable for what we paid to stay here. The campsites are very close together, so if you're looking for any form of privacy, this is NOT the place for you. This was our first stay at a KOA campground, so I don't know if they're all like this. I'd probably recommend this place to someone that was passing through for a night or two and heading on to another destination, but not for an extended stay. The next time we plan a family vacation, we'll do a little more searching.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank nitropinto
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waldport
Deane's Oceanfront Lodge
#1 of 3 in Waldport
Alsi Resort
Alsi Resort
#3 of 3 in Waldport

Been to Waldport Newport KOA? Share your experiences!