“Perfect location, cozy KOA Kabin, helpful hosts”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Waldport
Waldport Newport KOA
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I've stayed in quite a few KOAs but this one may be my favorite. I rented a cabin that looked towards the bay. I liked how the back of the cabin faced the campground so it seemed more secluded. The morning sun was bright on the porch and it got warm enough that I was sitting out there in a tank top in March! The shrubs were planted so the porch seemed somewhat private even though the neighbors were fairly close.

The bathrooms were clean and centrally located. The host was extremely helpful and pleasant.

I also liked the path that went down to the bay. It was a short fun hike and great for dog walks. It was a also very short walk to the highway bridge so I could have walked to the little downtown area. Waldport is such a sweet non-touristy town. I want to go back.

Room Tip: I think our cabin was called a creekside cabin. I would choose one of those again.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank jaypoo
There are newer reviews for Waldport Newport KOA

Reviewed 19 March 2014

This KOA is in a good location and the sites are decent. The showers were good. That being said, they locked half of the showers, the office was rarely staffed, there is no working rec room, no basketball court and do not drink the soda. My kids got two sodas one exploded and the other was 2 years out of date. This KOA has so much potential,but is badly in need of staff and care.

3  Thank Liana W
Reviewed 7 January 2014

My husband & I hooked up our trailer and travelled to stayed here for the first time Dec 26-31, 2013.We had a very relaxing time. We chose a spot backing in overlooking the bay. The view of the bay was breathtaking. We had perfect weather and pretty much the place to ourselves. The owners were very nice people. The grounds were well kept and clean. The store had anything we needed on-site and the best dry bundles of firewood. We will be going back here for sure. Thank you for having a fun, safe, clean place to make memories. Oh and the beach access was just around the corner. Maybe a 5-10 minute walk. Enjoyed going there everyday!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2013

This was our first and last stay at the Waldport KOA. We reserved what we were told was a "large pull thru site" our 5th wheel barely fit and we had to park our truck sideways just to stay out of the road. It's also not enjoyable to hear your neighbor flushing their toilet either (although many KOA's pack you in like sardines) We stayed in the end of July and it was so windy we couldn't even have a fire (not that the weather is the KOA's fault) The washer and dryer were horrible, had to spend $7 per load just to get our clothes dry. Having stayed at many other KOA's we were the least impressed with this one and it was one of the more expensive ones we stayed at.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank sgalbreath27
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Have stayed here a couple of times, it is a lovely setting and always clean and well kept. We enjoy this KOA very much and it's convenience to places we want to visit on the Oregon coast is perfect!!!

Room Tip: We were in a camper, if you can ask for the sites overlooking the bay!! and the bridge, awesome!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We stayed in Mamaws Lodge, a two room cabin that sleeps six. Having a full sized refrigerator, a stove, and a kitchen sink is a big draw. I love the feeling of camping in luxury (having easy access to showers, etc.). this was a great place to have as our home base. The drive to Newport is about 25 minutes away, and Lincoln City is about an hour away. I'm not sure what there is to do in Waldport, though there are some good restaurants in town. The campground was quiet, even though it was very full for Father's Day weekend. The staff were friendly and helpful. I was trying to get some of my laundry done and went to the office for some quarters. The office was not yet open, but two of the employees were waiting outside to begin work. One of the employees offered to give me the six quarters that she had in her wallet. I found that to be a kind gesture. I also mentioned to the employees that there were ants on the kitchen counter and the employees said that they were not aware of that, but that it would be taken care of.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 May 2013

We stayed here in mid April and had a good stay this was one of many stays on a month long trip and we were happy with this KOA. When we arrived the office was not open, they have limited hours, but once we checked in with the night board and a few hours later we met the owner and formally checked in. She was very nice and our son loved her cat that she had in the office. We had a regular spot and because there where not many people we got a little view of the ocean. We got ourselves settled in and then went for a walk, they have a little trail down to the water, it is a bit steep however. Our son loved playing in the sand and the view was really nice. The only problem we had was one of the showers smelled like someone showered their dog in it but that's not the owners fault but I cant help but think if the owners were at the KOA for more hours they might have caught this. We stayed for one night and had a great stay and would come back.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waldport
Deane's Oceanfront Lodge
Whalers Rest RV & Camping Resort
Alsi Resort
Alsi Resort
#3 of 3 in Waldport

Been to Waldport Newport KOA? Share your experiences!