“Class Restaurant”

Greenside Restaurant
Price range: US$5 - US$40
Cuisines: Seafood, French, Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Greenside Steakhouse is the dream of Chef Jesse Munk, and his wife Jessica. Providing locally raised grass fed northwest beef, and locally harvested seafood. Prepared in both traditional and cutting edge fashion.
Tidewater, Oregon, United States
“Class Restaurant”
Reviewed 15 December 2012

Love the atmosphere and food. Great customer service. Very nice to have a classy restaurant in Waldport.

Visited October 2012

Portland, Oregon, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Classy with Golf Course View”
Reviewed 21 July 2012

The restaurant is well appointed and sits right on the edge of a lovely, recently redesigned golf course. Beautiful! We called ahead (luckily, as they are normally fully booked and we just squeaked in at the end of their evening) and they gave us excellent directions to get there. The staff was ready and waiting when we arrived, and appropriately helpful without being too pushy. There were a lot of local dining there as well (which says a lot, I think) who were almost as friendly and inviting as those who worked there.

We were fortunate to be there on a Friday night, when the special is Prime Rib. Delicious! The only point they could improve upon would be to have a few kid-friendly options on the menu, or otherwise available. They didn't appear very prepared for children, although the owner took the time to introduce them to his very sweet dog, which they loved. We brought crayons and coloring books with us as well, so the lack of the restaurant providing them wasn't a big deal. High class restaurant usually don't. The girls enjoyed their chowder, prawns and the baby carrots pilfered from our plates though. And the cheesecake dessert was loved by all!

Overall, we had a lovely dinner and felt as if we had really found an unexpected diamond in an otherwise fairly remote location.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Roslyn M
San Francisco, California
“surprisingly good!”
Reviewed 16 June 2012

Stopped here for lunch. If the previous reviews not been so good, we probably would have left as it's a tiny golf course (not a place you'd expect good food). My wife and I were both surprised how good the food was. I ordered the seafood wrap which was really fresh and light. The seafood included cod, salmon, and shrimp and each was perfectly cooked. My wife had the fish and chips, which was also properly fried (not dry). Nice little place!

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank Rozmarin
Lebanon, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome recovery from stopping your fine dining, your lunch chef was a good ace in the hole.”
Reviewed 21 August 2011

Had lunch on the back patio and the food was presented in an orderly fashion.
I snuck in under the radar and Royal didn't even see me.
We are from Lebanon and we are very proud of his success at your golf course, and that your course has had a fighting chance at recovery from losing the fine dining in the evenings. It goes to show that even one guy that has the enthusiasm to fight the abyss of a town that won't even support their golf course.
I went to school with Royal, he doesn't even know who I am, I am anonymous. I came only because I heard the food was good.
Five out of five stars!
Good Recovery, you are well on your way!!!
Thank you for your your time.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank Cowtipper_2011
Portland, OR
“The Greenside is about the best you'll...”
Reviewed 5 July 2010

The Greenside is about the best you'll get in Waldport (except for the Sea Dog Bakery). Personally I think the lunch menu is better than dinner. They have a great burger which hits the spot--especially after a game of golf. Dinner is good, but I prefer the lunches there.

Service is hit and miss. Never rude, but sometimes slow.

2 Thank KaceyB