“Wonderful”

Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids
Yachats, Oregon
“Wonderful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

The owners are from San Francisco & really know how to prepare fresh, tasty plates of innovative food. Not much atmosphere, but very clean. Located in Waldport just a few miles north of Yachats.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Elizabeth-Anne S

Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Good place to go eat”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

This is a very simple restaurant, not fancy in any way. The food was very good, hot and just the right spicy wise. Waiter was very friendly and attentive. Would go back.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Brenda K
Medford, Oregon
“Wow! GREAT Chinese food in Waldport, Oregon...who knew??”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Visited the China Restaurant for lunch today with my son and his family, who live in Waldport. I was a bit hesitant, as last time I was there was before the present owner arrived... and I did not have good memories of it. It was fantastic! I had the Honey Walnut Prawns... they are nothing less than scrumptious. My son had Sesame Crispy Beef, shared with my granddaughter and my daughter-in-law had the General Tso's Chicken. We ordered Crab Puffs for an appetizer. The owner/chef waited on us and was delightful. He asked to make sure the beef and chicken were the right level of 'hotness' for each person (on a scale of 1-10). We were served our choice of Egg Flower or Hot and Sour soup quickly and the Crab Puffs came shortly after. Our lunches arrived by the time we had finished the soup and puffs. I sampled everyone's dish and all was delicious. And, as mentioned, the prawns were to die for. Served with white rice and on top of lettuce with a sweet, creamy dressing, the prawns and walnuts were cooked to perfection with just the right amount of breading on the prawns. The flavors were just perfect. The General Tso's and prawns were on the lunch menu and came with a spring roll, also, which wasn't as tasty as the rest of the food. The restaurant is small and in an old building (like most of downtown Waldport) but clean and in fairly good repair. The bathrooms are clean and neat. All-in-all a great experience and I can't wait until my next trip to Waldport when I will definitely visit China Restaurant again.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank susanfrey
Seattle, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best restaurant in waldport”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Friends chef/owner in waldport, we try potstickers triple chow mein honey walnut prawns, sooooo good, fresh and hot...... I look forward to my next visit to China Restaurant so I can get a double order of prawns! woot!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Richwo
Rapid City, South Dakota
“A Surprising Good Chinese Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

We were a bit skeptical, but were impressed when we entered that everything was very neat and the owner/cook was so friendly. Even the duct tape holding the booths together was clean. The soups, egg drop and hot/sour were both good (no won ton here), and the meals (Kung Pao chicken and Honey Walnut Shrimp) were delicious. Steamed rice only, which was fine, but the tea was very weak. Great prices, friendly owner, good service - a winner!

• Visited May 2014