“Great restaurant, too pricey”

Jamie's Dockside Diner at Taylor's Landing
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: PERMANENTLY CLOSED Jamie's is a down home diner. Everything is cooked to order special for you. We welcome you to join us for breakfast & lunch in our incredible setting. We float on the Alsea River. Enjoy the sights of Salmon being reeled in. You might be lucky enough to spot a River Otter, Seal, Elk or Bald Eagle while enjoying a wonderful meal amongst good company. We also have a tackle, bait and convenience store on the dock with wine, beer & ice. Located on Hwy 34 at mile marker 7. Turn into Taylor's Landing RV & Marina, park in the grassy area and head down to the river to find us. Open Thurs - Mon 7:30am-3pm.
Reviewed 10 July 2014

we went to the r_v park and people who created this there were really nice folks and recommended the restaurant highly. After reading the reviews on trip advisor we decided to go in our are being had ample parking. We love the atmosphere the waitress was friendly, the cook staff was friendly and we got our food and found it to be quite delicious. But here's the problem, it was very expensive. I had a western burger and my mother had a shrimp sandwich then we decided to have two small tarts. The coffee was 3 dollars and the western burger was 1295 and also the shrimp sandwich was about 1295. All in all our meal with 1 soda, two sandwiches and a small dessert came to almost 34 dollars! would I come back again? I would but I would be more aware of what the meal cost, and what I order. In addition the view was absolutely beautiful and she, the waitress had informed me that there were otters cruising by just that morning.

2  Thank Julia C
There are newer reviews for Jamie's Dockside Diner at Taylor's Landing

Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

My Mom & I found Jamie's on a rainy Thursday for breakfast & couldn't have been more delighted. Tranquil spot, saw otters & a seal in the river. Coffee and breakfast just delicious. We will definitely go back!

1  Thank Laurie B
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Ok, so we tried this place and the food was decent. What was not cool was the owner assessing each person, asking where we lived, how long we'd been married, etc. We found out she'd previously been a real estate agent in California. That explained a great deal. There's a difference between being warm and friendly and being nosy. We were instructed to observe the cards asking us to fill out Trip Adviser reviews and also were told that we could purchase the cheesy salt and pepper shakers, et al. No thanks. Had we not felt shaken down, we'd be back. Food is ok but the pressure isn't.

4  Thank kayakguy30
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

This place is the real deal. An actual rural restaurant that is both a favorite of the locals as well as a must see for the tourists. It's very much in a class by itself, being built upon a floating dock.

The food is outstanding, all homemade by someone who really knows how to cook. The wife had the pulled pork and loved it. I had the salmon burger and it was incredible. Jamie is so personable that it makes you feel like your an old regular the first time you visit.

It's location is unique not only that it's floating on the river, but it's also at the end of an RV park. Easy enough to find when you are looking for it, but impossible to find if your not already clued in. You're clued in, go enjoy.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Once again my husband and I went to or. As always we went to Jamies Dockside. Even if she ever moved and wasn't on the water we would always follow her. The food has always been outstanding and so is Jamie. We were lucky enough to be there when she had prime rib dinner. WOW what a treasured surprise. Fine dining at its best. SEE YOU NEXT TRIP WHERE THE BITE IS ALWAYS ON AT JAMIESM