“Great spot!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jamie's Dockside Diner at Taylor's Landing - CLOSED

Jamie's Dockside Diner at Taylor's Landing
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Asian, Diner
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations
Description: PERMANENTLY CLOSED Jamie's is a down home diner. Everything is cooked to order special for you. We welcome you to join us for breakfast & lunch in our incredible setting. We float on the Alsea River. Enjoy the sights of Salmon being reeled in. You might be lucky enough to spot a River Otter, Seal, Elk or Bald Eagle while enjoying a wonderful meal amongst good company. We also have a tackle, bait and convenience store on the dock with wine, beer & ice. Located on Hwy 34 at mile marker 7. Turn into Taylor's Landing RV & Marina, park in the grassy area and head down to the river to find us. Open Thurs - Mon 7:30am-3pm.
Trenton, Canada
“Great spot!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Owner Jamie is a personable gal who runs a tight ship (pun) as the diner is actually floating(moored) on the Alsea River about six miles up Hwy 34 out of Waldport, Oregon. Great river views through spotless windows inside the small five table diner and on the open air deck which has umbrella covered picnic tables. Menu is varied and not the usual "takes an hour to read" and more time to decide what to order. I had the "special" Pulled Pork Teriyaki sandwich and my spouse - a 1/3 lb Dock Burger - with sides - fries, onion rings and pickles - both were excellent! We did not find the prices to be out of line with other coastal establishments!. Everything was neat and tidy and oh so clean!! Do not be put off by the older RV Park you have to turn into in order to access this place!!! It is worth it!! PS: We tried to talk Jamie into putting "Poutine" on her menu - thought it might attract a few more Canadians like us!!!!

• Visited August 2014
3 Thank bprocher

Monmouth, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Chicken Sandwiches and Cobbler”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

This is the greatest restaurant. For me, it is a 170 mile round trip to come here, but it is worth it every time. The Sidedrifter chicken sandwich is the best possible menu item, and the cobbler tops it all off. For Jamie's cobbler, I would drive all day just to have some. Taking home 5 containers of it today, and more the next time I come. The atmosphere is always positive and upbeat, and the view of the river is impeccable. Jamie's Dockside Diner is and will always be my first choice restaurant for when I go to the coast.

1 Thank Allison C
“Amazing Food with a stunning view!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

I visited Jamie's for the first time this morning after hearing about it from friends that live in Salem and visit the coast several times a year. The service was impeccable, and not only were the portions great, the meal was flavorful. I had the Bobs special and could barely finish it. The diner literally floats on a river and the view was spectacular. This is a MUST if you're visiting or driving through Waldport.

1 Thank Joshua T
Seal Rock, Oregon
“Great location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Jamie's Diner is a little out of the way, but well worth a visit. Located on the river with great views. Furniture and place settings are rather basic. The food was good, but charging down-town prices makes me think twice about going back.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Great restaurant, too pricey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

we went to the r_v park and people who created this there were really nice folks and recommended the restaurant highly. After reading the reviews on trip advisor we decided to go in our are being had ample parking. We love the atmosphere the waitress was friendly, the cook staff was friendly and we got our food and found it to be quite delicious. But here's the problem, it was very expensive. I had a western burger and my mother had a shrimp sandwich then we decided to have two small tarts. The coffee was 3 dollars and the western burger was 1295 and also the shrimp sandwich was about 1295. All in all our meal with 1 soda, two sandwiches and a small dessert came to almost 34 dollars! would I come back again? I would but I would be more aware of what the meal cost, and what I order. In addition the view was absolutely beautiful and she, the waitress had informed me that there were otters cruising by just that morning.

• 3 of 5 bubbles