“More "HOTEL" than "RESORT"”
Review of Alsi Resort

Alsi Resort
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Waldport
Reviewed 5 July 2012

This was an average place to stay. I would not consider this a "resort" by any means. My wife and I stayed for a friends wedding that I was in. Just to set the record straight, we camped our way up the coast until we got here so I'm not some snooty, expect people to wait on me hand and foot, kind of person. The rooms were clean with fresh linens and the service staff was very friendly and helpful. The service itself in the restaurant was average and the food was nothing to write home about. We were served steak which was over cooked and salmon that was over cooked also. The desert of fresh berries and ice cream was to die for. The wedding group was about 30 people, half of whom work in restaurant/bar industry, and were ready to drink after dinner. We were shocked when they closed the bar at 9:00 p.m. (this was July 1 which to me would be peak season). On wedding day I'm glad we all had time to chip in as the "resort" just stacked the chairs for us groomsmen to set up. Overall it is a beautiful place along the coast to stay but don't expect 5 star service. I'm not sure what the room rates are normally, we paid $95/night at the "discounted" rate for the wedding party. Just an average place to stay along a beautiful coastal drive.

Room Tip: Try to get a bayside view if possible... Gorgeous view of the alsea bay/bridge.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank hockeymonkey99

Reviewed 30 June 2012

We decided to just find a place as we drove down the Oregon coast and found this hotel/motel. To their credit, they seemed very friendly. But the rooms were gross: itchy (not scratchy- itchy like not properly washed) bed sheets, dirty sink, towel with someone's hair and eyelashes (my wife pointed it out- I probably wouldn't have noticed), dusty, with a light out in the bathroom. Can't fault them for what they are- a cheap motel in a good location. But they could work with what they have- starting with finding a better housekeeper.

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank elijer
Reviewed 16 June 2012

We were driving up the wonderful Oregon coast and wanted to stay for the night in the Yachats area. Found this place, and booked it as the price was reasonable. The place definitely exceeded expectations! The rooms and corridors were recently renovated and everything was fresh and neat around. Bedding, bathrooms, the entire room was neat, clean and smelled fresh. The Rumi restaurant downstairs is definitely the best sit down restaurant in the Waldport town. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2012

I had never stayed here before but was going to be in Waldport for a couple days so booked a suite and found the room to be very nice. The towels were top quality, very thick. The Bay view room that we were in had a great view of the Alsea Bay Bridge.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 June 2012

What a glorious spot to stay. I enjoyed the view of the bay bridge. It is quite lovely at sunrise. There so many attractions in the near area that we had no trouble finding things to do. Next time we will plan a longer trip since we could not fit everything into our schedule. The staff was absolutely the best. They were all so friendly and helpful. We have never had better service anywhere else that we have stayed. For a great vacation stop over, we suggest a great stop is Soul Vacation Resort in Waldport.

Room Tip: The rooms on the 2nd floor have better views.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 June 2012

Hello Dr. Mirumi,
I will be leaving for New York in two weeks to revisit the city where I barely escaped September of 2001. I am a world trade center survivor and will finally retrace my harrowing steps to find peace and closure. I expect it to be a cathartic and emotional journey and will try to take what I have learned in Rumi Yoga class offered at your resort with me to help my meditative and spiritual efforts. I look forward to a healing Sunday night Rumi session offered at your resort upon my return as it has already nourished the soul in the short time I have been participating. I have been to your resort with a friend and have absolutely loved it. If only I had known about Soul Vacation resort prior to a few weeks ago. It is incredible each time I leave the class. I am alive and exhilarated. I will have a lot to learn from you. Thank you.

Peace and blessings.

Denise Campbell - New student
USC Administration
Enrollment Services

Room Tip: Just attending the Rumi Yoga classes is worth the money. Not to mention the Rumi Food from the heart...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Years ago my family came to the oregon coast and stayed here when it was called the Bay Shore Motel. It was very worn and drab. It also smelled very bad.
We needed a place to stay for family when my mother-in-law passed on April 7th of this year.
We checked out the motel and to our surprise found a piece of heaven. Everything has been redone and upgraded and very wonderful. I cannot say enough about the people that we met. They made us feel very welcome and at home at a time we needed a little pampering. The food is wonderful! We will be back in a few weeks for moms memorial, OUR HOME AWAY FROM HOME. This wonderful place is highly RECOMMENDED. It is very peaceful and a great place to heal. I want to try out the yoga classes while I'm there next. This is a place we will come to just to get away.!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quiet. We will be staying in the room on our next visit in 2 weeks with...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waldport
5 mi away
#6 of 11 in Yachats
The Waldport Inn
The Waldport Inn
#1 of 4 in Waldport

Been to Alsi Resort? Share your experiences!