“Lots of potential”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Waldport
Damascus, Oregon
“Lots of potential”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We stayed the last weekend in July 2013. Very comfortable beds, very clean rooms with lots of sample soaps, mouthwash, sewing kit etc. Swimming pool area needs some work, but temp is wonderful even on a 70 degree day. Staff are helpful and friendly. The breakfast buffet is very basic, 3 kinds of cereal, milk and coffee (regular and decaf). There are picnic benches and BBQ pits in the lawn next to the bay and many people were crabbing and fishing then cooking their dinner. It sits next to a residential area and is very quiet. We will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the Bay side upstairs for the best view.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed 26 July 2013

As I understand it this place is newly opened, yet I saw few staff. The bar and restaurant were closed, the morning coffee bar and breakfast consisted of yesterday's coffee (cold, in thermos)
and cereal. In the two days we stayed there the maid never visited our room-we had to ask for refills for the coffee maker. Our key card did not work on the door-creating much discord. This was the saddest place I have ever experienced.

Room Tip: Tip: know this place is very isolated-like the Overlook Hotel in the shining, and there are no servi...
2 Thank Dollie1

Travellers are raving about these Waldport hotels

Oregon
Reviewed 25 July 2013

It's nice to see that the new management and new name (Alsi) of this Waldport resort is bringing it back to the popularity it had years ago when it was the Bayshore Inn. The hotel is clean, the staff is nice, there's a continental breakfast included, and the location is perfect within walking distance of the bay and the ocean. Be sure to make reservations directly as it's cheaper than through search engines like Expedia.

2 Thank OregonSwimmer
Veneta, Oregon
Reviewed 12 July 2013

This hotel was amazingly clean, especially considering the number of pets staying there. We had a partial bay view (particularly nice for the 3rd of July fireworks), and comfortable beds. The mattress was very soft (a problem for my bad back, but not for my family.)

I'm sorry the restaurant, the factor that lead me to reserve a room here, was closed, but that clearly couldn't be helped. The staff was extremely helpful, and kind, to my family, dog, and I, and we had a lovely time romping on sand.

One caution: there's a field which looks like an inviting way to walk back from the shore. If you're walking with a dog, don't: very sharp burrs will get between pads, and basically everywhere. Fortunately, our dog was very patient with me-- way less whiny than I felt as I was plucking the burrs, for sure.

Room Tip: I agree that a bay view or partial bay view would be the most lovely.
3 Thank abyt42
SF Bay Area
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Don't panic if you can't find Soul Vacation Resort at the provided address. The name had been changed to Alsi Resort but for some reason it is not updated on Expedia. The size of our double bed room is adequate, but the bathroom is too small and there is not enough space to put my personal items around the sink. The password-protected WiFi has excellent range and strength! The continental breakfast is a bit basic but still nicer than most other motels I stayed.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank ScenicLover803
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed 9 July 2013

To be fair I was very excited to spend the evening at the Soul Vacation Resort! My stay was scheduled for the Monday after their grand opening, July 1, 2013. My main reason for choosing this place was the beach access, gluten free dining, and on site lounge. When we checked in the first thing that we noticed was that the restaurant and lounge were closed. This surprised me because I had personally called to make sure the dining facility was available. The very young gentleman that registered us explained that there had been some kind of emergency the night before that caused the chef and the bartender to quit. After getting to our room, I completely understood that need to flee. No central air of any kind, base board heat. Out dated rooms, dirty bathroom, and general unsafe feeling. I have never asked for my money back at a hotel, but I did not feel like I had a choice, there was NO way I was going to stay in that place, especially considering the room rates are WAY out of line with the quality of this establishment. I used Trip Advisor reviews to make my decision to reserve my stay and I do not want someone else to go that far out of their way to stay in a place like this, by the way after getting our money back we fortunately found an awesome room in Lincoln CIty, Oregon where we comfortably stayed at the Comfort Inn for a mere $30.00 more per night.

GF Girl

Room Tip: I think I said all that needed to be said! I rated the service as average because I do not thing it...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank td3968
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed 8 July 2013

One of the only hotels in Waldport (according to the Chamber of Commerce) to view 4th of July fireworks. We weren't disappointed by the Firework show; just the hotel. Rooms are extremely small; we stayed in a 2 queens room with a bay view. Not all rooms have a microwave and or a refrigerator so call ahead. Pets are allowed (extra charge) and have a large area of grass and near by small rocky beach cove. Check your comforter and sheets shortly after arrival. We discovered what appeared to be fur from a short haired dog. After Manager inspection housekeeping remade the beds. Unfortunately, the restaurant on site was closed (hopefully will reopen soon}. Pool was protected from wind and very nicely set up. I think with remodeling and freshening up this would be a nice resort.

Room Tip: Reserve a room with a Bay View!
4 Thank tbubbette
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waldport
Deane's Oceanfront Lodge
#3 of 11 in Yachats
Silver Surf Motel
Silver Surf Motel
#4 of 11 in Yachats

Been to Alsi Resort? Share your experiences!