“Not so good.....”

Ranked #10 of 21 Restaurants in Waldport
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Keith had the chowder bowl and said it was gummy and full of fake crab and tasteless baby shrimp. I ordered Chili Rellenos and it was the worst I have ever had. Will not go back. Staff great though.

1  Thank Brenda K

Reviewed 8 May 2014

We always like to try local restaurants when traveling, and thought that this place, located on the "Port" of Waldport would be interesting. The server was friendly and had a great sense of humor, but smelled like an ashtray. The menu is pretty eclectic; I ordered the seafood chowder bowl, a mixture of clam chowder, fake crab, and tasteless baby shrimp. My wife ordered the Chili Rellenos from the "Mexican" side of the menu. We're not sure where they got the recipe - it was a mixture of canned chopped chilis, melted cheese, and egg batter, all microwaved together. Not many people in the restaurant area, but the bar was packed with locals.

2  Thank Meanderman01
Reviewed 15 April 2014

All the food at the Salty Dog is special: fish and chips, chowder in bread bowl, fried oysters, all of it.

The restaurant itself is right on the port dock. The diners are varied, many old salty dogs. Plenty of room for all. Waitresses are all friendly and helpful.

Walk on the docks and see what the crabbers are getting. It is fun to watch the boats and people.

I have never stopped by when the Salty Dog was closed.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Whenever my son and his friends are in town I take them to Salty Dawg for dinner and a special night out. (I'm the designated driver!). The fish and chips are the best! One of the boys had a burrito that filled his plate and we all got a taste and it was delicious!
We're new to town yet are remembered each time we come back. That's a nice feeling.

Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

Friendly waitress, but never asked if our food was ok after delivered...it wasn't. Menu says battered cod; got breaded...for some not a big deal, but I don't like breaded and wouldn't have ordered. Husband ate it. Fries are thin, greasy, limp and onion rings are frozen from a bag...won't eat again. The drinks were great.

1  Thank ed-Sarat