“Nice getaway”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Warm Springs
Santa Cruz
“Nice getaway”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I had the opportunity to get a great deal on a room and decided to take my husband for his bday. I read the reviews and wasn't sure what we would get. The room was okay and comfortable with a nice deck. Since there were not many people there it was quiet but I can see that if it was crowded it would be noisy. Thankfully for us it wasn't. We did eat at the resort and the food was good but pricey I felt. I don't mind spending a little extra but I expect great things when I do. We did dinner and breakfast there. I found the waitstaff to be so great both times. Front desk was okay, not very friendly or helpful, but got the job done and that was good. There was a general feeling of disorganization through out the entire booking process that continued on the resort grounds as well.

We spent most of our time at the mineral spring pool and spa. Since it was October the place was not crowded at all. We loved the pool and enjoyed our time lounging around it and in it. Very relaxing. I can see where it would not be fun when crowded but the day we were there it was heavenly. Sunny, cool day, with awesome 90 degree water to float around in. We also went to the casino at night and that was pretty fun. There was lots of people there in a good way, and we found it very entertaining.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Caibo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Wishram, Washington
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I had found a rate of 89.00 for a village room & called to make a reservation. I was told that I had to do this online. After searching the site & finding no way to make a reservation I emailed the address shown & stated I wanted to make a reservation for 5 days after the email was sent. On the day I wanted to check in I was emailed back & told to send an email to a different address. By this time it was to late for me to plan my trip. Needless to say This is not the way to make or keep customers. Also NO FOOD ON PREMISES!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank brian s

Travellers are raving about these Warm Springs hotels

Reviewed 28 October 2013

this was a nice little trip. The room was very clean and the very nice. the deck off the room was great. The resturant at the lodge was a pricey but it was good. We had dinner there and then sunday morning breakfast. There was only three of us for the dinner and it was close to 160.00 (we did not have drinks just soda) the pool was wonderful. We did a little hiking while we were there. What a sight. Very nice.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We came to this resort for a golf event.After reading reviews were not really looking forward to the stay.From check in to the end of our stay we had great service.When we first got to room there was a light bulb out in one of the lamps,not that important usually but these were the only lights in the whole room .Stopped at front desk on way to dinner and call was made immediately to fix.We had dinner at the "fine dining" restaurant( I wouldn't consider it one) but Rob our server was amazing and made dinner such a pleasure.The salmon we ordered was delicious as well as the Indian fry bread.We also had a great time at the bar downstairs later in the evening where there was a young bartender(wish I remembered name) and then again the next morning when Rob was working again at the bar and made tasty bloody marys and offered to bring us more fry bread :).We asked for extra coffee in the room and that was also fulfilled right away.Overall, our low expectations were totally wrong and we had a nice experience

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank rryan62
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I scheduled 2 rooms for an upcoming to SAT night to celebrate my senior mothers birthday. Due to problems my aging mother had, we were unable to make the date. At the time of booking, I was advised that if we had to cancel, we would have one year in which to rebook and not lose money. When I called to cancel, I was advised that I had to pick a date and would be held to that date and would forfeit my money if I couldn't make it. It's hard to plan with an aging mother!! The person handling reservations admitted it was poor policy but out of her hands. She said I could take it up with the manager. Not ready to fight this yet as I don't what my plans will be. BUT THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank KBlum1951
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We loved our room and the fantastic view. The staff were great. We were very disappointed in the food service. Breakfast in the dining room was just perfect and included in the price. Dinner, however, was in a room with no windows, just a view of the pool tables and the slot machines. The prices, however, were for the dining room and VERY expensive. Not such a good deal. We'd have gone elsewhere for dinner, but it's a 12 mile drive to another restaurant.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere for dinner.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Richard M
Carlos S, Manager at Kah-Nee-Ta Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our view and service, but disappointed to hear that you were underwhelmed by your dinner with us, Richard. We're looking to upgrade our dining facilities, so we'll definitely consider your comments. Thank you for the feedback and I hope you'll stay with us again soon.

Till then:
Carlos Smith, General Manager
Canby, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 19 September 2013

We have made many trips to Kah-nee-ta over the past 50 years, this time we were in the RV area, which is very nice. My main issue was with the pool. What really draws most people including us to this place is the wonderful warm mineral water in the lower pool. When we go to a hot springs we expect warm water. To our dismay the water was cool, no different than any other pool. Unfortunately, the Adult hot tub was usually very crowded, often with children. The whole pool area seemed not as well cared for as usual, with leaves and trash. Overall this was a disappointing trip, and did not make us eager to return. Sadly this has been one of my favorite places to go but is no longer.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Barbara N
Carlos S, Manager at Kah-Nee-Ta Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
We love hearing from our loyal customers, Barbara. I'm very glad that you've been coming to us for so many years, but very disappointed to hear that your last experience was not your best. Customer feedback is very important to me, so I will definitely speak with the pool staff about keeping the accommodations clean and comfortable. Thank you for the review and I hope you'll give us another chance in the future.

Till then,
#3 of 5 in Madras
Imperial River Co.
Imperial River Co.
#1 of 5 in Maupin

Been to Kah-Nee-Ta Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!