I had the opportunity to get a great deal on a room and decided to take my husband for his bday. I read the reviews and wasn't sure what we would get. The room was okay and comfortable with a nice deck. Since there were not many people there it was quiet but I can see that if it was crowded it would be noisy. Thankfully for us it wasn't. We did eat at the resort and the food was good but pricey I felt. I don't mind spending a little extra but I expect great things when I do. We did dinner and breakfast there. I found the waitstaff to be so great both times. Front desk was okay, not very friendly or helpful, but got the job done and that was good. There was a general feeling of disorganization through out the entire booking process that continued on the resort grounds as well.
We spent most of our time at the mineral spring pool and spa. Since it was October the place was not crowded at all. We loved the pool and enjoyed our time lounging around it and in it. Very relaxing. I can see where it would not be fun when crowded but the day we were there it was heavenly. Sunny, cool day, with awesome 90 degree water to float around in. We also went to the casino at night and that was pretty fun. There was lots of people there in a good way, and we found it very entertaining.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kah-Nee-Ta Resort and Spa offers a variety of accommodations from suites and private view balcony rooms in the Lodge to Village suites and teepees and even a full-service RV Park. Every option is close to all the fun and diverse activities available at Kah-Nee-Ta.Kah-Nee-Ta Village was completed in 1964 and named for the Indian woman Xnitla, "Root Digger" who had owned the property. Xnitla was a scout and spiritual leader who used the natural hot springs and indigenous plants and roots for medicinal purposes and religious ceremonies. The Lodge and Convention Center opened in 1972Kah-Nee-Ta Resort is located on the 600,000+ Sq Acre Warm Springs Indian Reservation. It is owned and operated by the Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs. The Warm Springs Reservation was established by The Treaty of 1855 on a small reserve of land where our ancestors lived for thousands of years. In 1937 the Wasco, Paiute and Warm Springs Tribes organized as the Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs and became a sovereign, self-governing nation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Kah-Nee-Ta Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kah-Nee-Ta High Desert Hotel Warm Springs
- Kah-Nee-Ta High Desert Resort And Casino