“Get a teepee”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Warm Springs
Sheridan, Oregon
“Get a teepee”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

This review is only about the teepee village experience with my family...........For a real fun family experience that's unique and memorable, reserve a teepee for 2 nights or more. They run under $100 per night and include passes to the hot springs pool (way cool, huge, awesome waterslides, family friendly). Bring your bbq, cooler, sleeping bags & obvious personal items, it's pretty much all you need. Other activities/items available in the village area are video arcade, gift shop, mini golf, sand volleyball, bike paths, Native craft market, spa treatments, snack bar, firewood, float trips, golfing, shuttle to the casino & resort, playground, ice to reload the cooler and horseback riding. Only a couple of hours from Portland, Salem and Bend, this place is worth a visit. Also, be sure to check out the "Station on the Reservation", they play good tunes, have info on local stuff and gives one a little taste of life in Warm Springs.

Room Tip: All the teepees are pretty awesome. Seriously, if you have kids take the family here, they'll re...
8 Thank DaleMurphy4HOF

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Hubbard, Oregon
Reviewed 2 June 2014

For many years we have taken our fifth wheel and camped w/kids and friends.
Recently they have taken the casino out of the hotel on the hill.
I was just there a week ago just for the day and didn't venture up there. Only thing left up there would be hiking, colder pool(which is so nice when it's really hot) and bloody mary.
We used to go Gamble, and grab a bloody Mary by the pool. Now the Casino is about 15 min. away. I did hear that they would have a shuttle in the summer to the new casino. I will check it out next time but it's just doesn't feel the same there. With my Casino pout out of the way I will say that Kahneeta is beautiful and a great place to go to relax. They have the spa, fun Kayaking trip, wild horses, beautiful grounds to play games on, community camp fire area, Tepees, hiking trails, large pool w/ slides, golfing, horse back riding etc. If your done doing all that head over to Maupin for the river rafting trip or to Lake Billy Chinook to rent a ski boat. There are a lot of options. I recommend staying here at least 4 to 5 days. This place has something to do for all age groups.

Room Tip: We have stayed in a hotel room here before but we have a better time when we take our 5th wheel. It...
2 Thank daphne b
mt. vernon.or
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The weekend resort was a nice place to relax. Indian Bread, horses to ride, and a warm pool and slide. The rate was good for a budget. You could also rent tents. I believe the tents were 69.00 and the rooms with breakfast was 99.00. The horses a very good price. Nice gentle Indian horses that are tame and you also see them running wild on the prairie. The trip down in was not to far as a child I did imagine that the way must of been to far because my parents never would stop. The other reason was to go to the Museum on High way 26. this is only open on the week day although so I need to return.

Room Tip: Stay more then one night and get a discount. Ground floor quite.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank vld
surfside,wa.
Reviewed 26 May 2014

hotel room, pool,food, golf,everything was awesome. saw in other review that somebody did not like the abbsent of wall pictures, i dont go to a resort like this to stay in the room and look at the walls! the polll was warm,the restaurant menu was very awesome,the price was more than fair. how ANYBODY could not like kah-nee-tah is beyond me DWS

Room Tip: go for rooms in the lodge,level 4 or 5 fabulous views
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank don s
Longview, Washington
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We have always loved visiting Kahneeta, but our most recent trip was rather disappointing. It was a little off-season, and maybe that accounts for some of it but certainly not all.

We stayed in a king room on the 5th floor. I heard they are remodeling the rooms, but ours was virtually unchanged from the last several trips. It was clean and comfortable, but had stained carpets and an old television with fading color and uneven sound.

That we could live with, frankly, because that's not really the attraction of Kahneeta. The pools are, and the wonderful service. The pools were still nice, but the service was seriously lacking. For example, the lounge by the lodge pool has been closed. On every previous visit, we were served adult beverages poolside. This time, drinks were only available on the other side of the property--a long hike in wet clothing. Additionally, the only place to get dinner was at the newly-opened informal restaurant. The Chinook Room is only open for dinner on the weekends. While the food was decent enough, the atmosphere is hardly conducive to conversation with pool balls clanking in the background.

Also closed, and roped off with emergency tape, was the sauna and restrooms adjacent to the gym.

The once-beautiful grounds are looking tatty and uncared for, full of dead plants and missing flowers. It was very sad to see a dead tree staked up in the reception driveway.

I hope that this is just a transition problem. Ever since the casino moved down to the highway, there has been a slippage in the level of quality we'd seen before, but this trip was very disappointing. Again, except for the pools, which were as wonderful as ever.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank melindamccrady
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 17 May 2014

The hot springs at Kahneeta bubble forth in a rugged desert canyon in the Warm Springs Reservation. Wild. Lovely. Tinder dry in summer, but lush and green in spring. My husband and I took a break in April to soak in the hot water at Kahneeta. I love Kahneeta and wanted to love this visit, but found a few disappointments.

We booked two nights at the Lodge in a simple king room. The room was uninspired, white walls, no art work, weathered furnishings, and our bed was totally broken down and spent. We swam a bit in the Lodge pool, which I thought would be warm, but it felt uncomfortably coolish to me.

Dinner at the only restaurant (the Grill?) open at the Lodge was disappointing. The food was just okay, but the ambiance was odd, as there are a few booths and tables along a wall near the old (vacated) gaming table room. Not at all warm and inviting. Breakfast was served in the Chinook dining room, which is much nicer.

In every single instance of contact with employees, they were very helpful, kind, and pleasant. Kudos to the crew. One fellow who works in the Chinook dining area could do stand up comedy, and he made our breakfast a bit cheerier.

Our stay at the Lodge entitled us to also swim at the Village pool down the hill from the Lodge. What a fine pool. Luxuriously warm. Loved it. THIS is why we go to Kahneeta!

The Village area near the pool also has newer rooms and a nice RV park with full hook-ups, and is just a short walk to take a swim. Next time we go to Kahneeta, and we surely will return, we will stay in the RV park in our own RV, and swim in the Village pool. If you stay at the Lodge with kids, it looks like the rooms on the pool level would be pretty handy.

I hope the powers-that-be can justify some needed upgrades to the facilities at this worthy, sacred place.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank carol d
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We went to Kahneeta on a whim to go for a swim and possibly stay a night or two. I was able to negotiate a price for the room, which was one of their larger rooms according to the woman at check in. The room was in the main lodge, very clean, all tile floors, a king size bed and a large balcony overlooking the beautiful desert. We spent the afternoon in the main lodge pool which was warmed to 80 degrees and felt like bathwater. It was nice for our three year old, but I personally prefer a refreshing, cooler pool when I am swimming.

Dinner at the Grilll was inedible. We ordered an Indian fry bread burger, caesar salad, salmon club sandwich, pbj for the toddler and husband and I each had a beer. We were starving so we choked it down, but it was the worst tasting slop ever. The salad was drenched in dressing and the lettuce was limp. The salmon smelt fishy and not in the fresh kind of way and my husband had a bite of the Indian fry bread and gagged. He ended up just eating the burger meat. We essentially drank our dinner and were shocked at the $60 price tag for an unsatisfying meal.

The rooms come with those awful cheap, lumpy pillows so I called the desk to ask if they had two feather pillows they could bring up for us. The lady on the phone said she would check and I never hear back from her again. I went to the desk myself and asked again and she said she would have someone bring us the pillows. Eventually someone showed up with one pillow... because I have a bad neck and back, I won the pillow for the night. My husband and son slept without pillows because the ones that came with the room were so uncomfortable they had to ditch them in the middle of the night. I wish I could say we had a good nights sleep in spite of this, but we didn't. The bed had springs poking through the mattress and our baby tossed and turned all night because of it.

Breakfast was a slightly less offensive affair. We went with basics that no one could mess up; bagel, hash browns, ham steak, pbj for toddler.

After breakfast we took a quick hike up one the trails behind the parking lot of the main lodge. It was beautiful at the top with sprawling views of the landscape. We saw wild jackrabbits and had a birds eye view of the hillside. Just make sure you bring a good traction shoe. The terrain is steep and rocky and it's very easy to slip and lose your footing. We had a few tumbles and we were wearing hiking shoes.

We spent the day at the lower pool with the water slides. Apparently even guest have to pay extra money to even use the slides and they have a charge for towels. Our son was too young to go on them so we didn't opt to do this. There is a kiddie slide in the shallow pool, which he really liked. Again, the water was too hot!! 92 degrees in the pool. I tried to swim some laps but it was too warm to swim more than 10 of them. We brought some of our own food into the pool (thank goodness!) but you need to take it to the snack shack to eat, which was fine for us.

I liked this place as a destination, and enjoyed many aspects of our time there (mainly scenically), but I can't appreciate how they nickel and dime you for every little thing. They also need to reevaluate their food prices. They are strictly based on a monopoly (there are no other options nearby) and not on quality ingredients. If I ever go back I will be sure to pack in all my own food and alcohol and pillows!

Room Tip: We stayed in the East wing which was away from the pool and quiet. The rooms are newer and larger wi...
5 Thank tigerlily19
#3 of 5 in Madras
Imperial River Co.
Imperial River Co.
#1 of 5 in Maupin

Been to Kah-Nee-Ta Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!