This review is only about the teepee village experience with my family...........For a real fun family experience that's unique and memorable, reserve a teepee for 2 nights or more. They run under $100 per night and include passes to the hot springs pool (way cool, huge, awesome waterslides, family friendly). Bring your bbq, cooler, sleeping bags & obvious personal items, it's pretty much all you need. Other activities/items available in the village area are video arcade, gift shop, mini golf, sand volleyball, bike paths, Native craft market, spa treatments, snack bar, firewood, float trips, golfing, shuttle to the casino & resort, playground, ice to reload the cooler and horseback riding. Only a couple of hours from Portland, Salem and Bend, this place is worth a visit. Also, be sure to check out the "Station on the Reservation", they play good tunes, have info on local stuff and gives one a little taste of life in Warm Springs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kah-Nee-Ta Resort and Spa offers a variety of accommodations from suites and private view balcony rooms in the Lodge to Village suites and teepees and even a full-service RV Park. Every option is close to all the fun and diverse activities available at Kah-Nee-Ta.Kah-Nee-Ta Village was completed in 1964 and named for the Indian woman Xnitla, "Root Digger" who had owned the property. Xnitla was a scout and spiritual leader who used the natural hot springs and indigenous plants and roots for medicinal purposes and religious ceremonies. The Lodge and Convention Center opened in 1972Kah-Nee-Ta Resort is located on the 600,000+ Sq Acre Warm Springs Indian Reservation. It is owned and operated by the Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs. The Warm Springs Reservation was established by The Treaty of 1855 on a small reserve of land where our ancestors lived for thousands of years. In 1937 the Wasco, Paiute and Warm Springs Tribes organized as the Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs and became a sovereign, self-governing nation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Agoda, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Kah-Nee-Ta Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kah-Nee-Ta High Desert Hotel Warm Springs
- Kah-Nee-Ta High Desert Resort And Casino