“kahneeta” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Warm Springs
Portland, Oregon
“kahneeta”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

i haven't stayed here since i was a kid and we're planning on heading out that way this weekend, so i can imagine it will look the same? lol
no worries, maybe the resort needs an update, but that would mean the room rates would skyrocket and i'm quite pleased to not spend an arm and a leg at this point. family of 6 with 4 young kids =)

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Kaiserslautern, Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

We went for a day to use the pool and spa, my wife and mother-in-law paid to lock their purses in the lockers in the locker rooms. When they came back their locker was kicked in and everything was stolen! The security officer took the report while the female employee behind the counter who had checked us in earlier was rude to us and told us to "Stand off to the side" Their locker was the only one that was broken into, and by the employees attitude, plus since no one reported in a busy locker room seeing someone kicking open a locker it led us to believe that the employee may have been involved. The resort said they were filing the report to the local police but it wasn't until the next day that they had no intention of filing the report for another 2 days!

I called for 2 straight weeks to talk to a manager and left multiple messages but never received a call back. When I finally talk to a manager he did not offer any apology, but simply said that the resort doesn't have very many thefts. He said they would not cover any of our losses and it was unfortunate. When I said I was a military veteran he said they were sorry. As a veteran who has served 3 tours and 10 1/2 years please do not give this resort your business for the way they have treated my family and I. Thank you.

• Stayed July 2014
      Rooms
11 Thank Veteran79
Bluesky026, Manager at Kah-Nee-Ta Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Thank you for your service and for coming to visit us. This is an unfortunate occurrence on your visit and we cannot file a police report on your behalf. We did all that was possible to assist you and the police in their investigation. Your allegations about are staff and unfounded. The lockers at any public facility and not designed to lock up high value items, we do offer safe deposit boxes at the hotel as an option for any guests to lock up such items.

Travellers are raving about these Warm Springs hotels

Portland, Or
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

If you are looking for a luxury resort, this isn't it! The resort itself is pretty rundown and the rooms are tired and in dire need of a remodel. I've been coming here at least once a year for the last 8 years and it doesn't look like any (or much) work has been done during these years...

I booked 2 rooms at the Lodge for 3 days. Check-in was a pain: system was down, rooms were not ready, pool towels were not available, only one person was manning the desk, etc., etc. We waited for an hour and a half... You could tell the girl at the front desk was not happy...

Unlike at the front desk, service at both restaurants was great --- we ate all of our meals at the two restaurants on site...

There's zero cell phone reception (yay!) and the wifi was hit and miss, depending which area you are in, but it is free... Good to know, if you are planning on working while visiting. In my case, it was a plus, as it forced me to checkout from work and relax!

Hotel condition aside, there are three things going for it that make it worth a visit, as long as you know exactly what you are getting:

- sunshine
- scenery (breathtaking)
- pool

Room Tip: I always book a room at the lodge - they are quieter.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
2 Thank Penina_BMW
Oregon City, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We have stayed in Kahneeta several times in the past 15 years. It is very much needing a remodel.
Single pane windows, tube TV, lousy bed, peeling paint everywhere. The fine dining was very expensive averaging $35 per entree.

However there are the redeeming qualities that bring us back! Beautiful view, warm pools, near rafting areas. Food in the casual dining was very good with several options. The folks at Kahneeta need to do some serious redoing if they want to keep up with other major resorts.

Michelle

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank MichelleH2007
Bluesky026, Manager at Kah-Nee-Ta Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Hi Michelle,

Thank you for staying with us and we are appreciate our return customers. We would like to perform some changes around the resort too. We look forward to be of service in the future.

Raul
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

Sadly, this 'resort' is not a resort destination. Visited 5 years ago and it was a busy, classic casino type accommodation. Now, it is sadly deserted with the casino relocated. I am not even a gambler and it is clear the place needs something to keep it alive. I should have read the other reviews..."You will starve" yep - check. Food options horrible. "Resort???" yep. "Service is horrible" yep. "Rooms tired and dirty" double yep.

Room Tip: Views are amazing from all rooms. The view kept me sane - before I checked out early.
8 Thank Kari S
Hi Kari,

Thank you staying at Kah-Nee-Ta I wish you would have enjoyed your stay more. We are hoping to make some facility improvements in the future. We are focused on making the resort a getaway to enjoy the high desert.. I hope you will afford us the opportunity to be of service in the future.

Raul
La Center, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

I have been coming to kahneeta for 20 years. I always looked so forward to coming and spending time in the pool. The last few times I've stayed, it is quite apparent to me, my friends, and many other guests that the service at the front desk and the restaurants is very slow, it seems there is many employees, but they move extremely slow, and stand around a lot, I'm also not happy with the lounge closing, you have to walk way too far for a beverage or snack. Sorry to say Kahneeta, but you are going down hill-your changes are not appreciated.

Sleep Quality
7 Thank Shawna D
Bluesky026, Manager at Kah-Nee-Ta Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Thank you for staying and quality feedback. That is something we would be happy to work for all our customers. Positive change is always fun to experience.

Looking forward to new experience in the future

Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Kah-Nee-Ta is not for everyone. It is well off the beaten path, in a desert. The only adult entertainment, the casino, is now relocated several miles away. So why go there? If I have to tell you how to enjoy Oregon's vast sub desert environment, perhaps you shouldn't go. If a peaceful environment, solitude, fresh air and million dollar sunsets mean nothing to you, go to Las Vegas instead.

Kah-Nee-Ta is very family friendly; there are always dozens of noisy kids in the pool, and the hot tub seems to be the hang out place for teens-20 somethings. I wish they had more than one tub! You can avoid all this by swimming and tubbing during off hours. There is a restaurant and a grill on the premises; we only had the breakfast buffet at the restaurant. Pricey, but very good. The fry bread with huckleberry jelly is definitely recommended. I also recommend the salmon barbecue, followed by traditional Indian dancing. It is only available on certain weekends; be sure to ask and reserve a place.

I booked a leisure king for my husband and our grown son. There was plenty of room in the suite for a foldaway bed. I was worried about privacy, because there is no bedroom as such. The bed is merely veiled from the living area by a half wall. But it worked out perfectly. The view of the western hills was spectacular. AC was adequate. The shower stall was tiny, but I won't fault the proprietors for the water-saving shower heads.

Service was fantastic; we were surrounded by friendly faces. My only complaint was the smell of mildew by the bathroom, apparent when we returned to the room.

Kah-Nee-Ta is not for everyone. But it might be for you, if you enjoy quiet, outdoor activities, sunshine, and great scenery. The accommodations are older, but comfortable. The friendly staff will make you feel at home.

Room Tip: All the rooms have wonderful views. West side gets some glare and heat, but also matchless sunsets.
4 Thank LRae
#3 of 5 in Madras
Budget Inn Madras
Budget Inn Madras
#1 of 3 in Madras

Been to Kah-Nee-Ta Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!