“Delightful place to unwind”

Resort at The Mountain, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Welches
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Beautiful location, surrounded by nature. Nice facilities, everything very clean and attractive. Lots of activities nearby: golf, cycling, tennis, mini-golf, croquet, volleyball, etc. Gorgeous golf course. Nice pub and restaurant.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Resort M, General Manager at Resort at The Mountain, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Guest,

I appreciate your excellent review of The Resort. We appreciate you taking time to let us know about your experience. Thank you for selecting us as your location at The Mountain.

There are newer reviews for Resort at The Mountain, BW Premier Collection

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Awesome place to stay! Very clean and the best food and prices for room service. The elk hamburger was amazing and the breakfast omelets were out of this world! The front desk was very professional and quick with the check in. When any questions arouse, they were prompt in taking take of; like husband forgot his shaving kit and tooth brush. They gave us a complementary set within 10 mins of calling front desk. We ordered dinner the first night to stay in room and the food was reasonably priced and excellent! Only suggestion is to have real half and half that doesn't have to be refrigerated, as the dry creamer takes away from the great coffee offered. We went and bought our own.

The best part of the trip was it was relaxing and quiet in our room and outdoors as well. The grounds were meticulously manicured and with recycling bins everywhere which we liked. We will stay here again!

Room Tip: Pillows not so comfy on neck...but doable :-)
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Resort M, General Manager at Resort at The Mountain, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us, and for your exceptional review. I appreciate hearing from all of our guests, but it is always great to read such a glowing referral.

I look forward to your return!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

This place was great! First things first, the rooms were SO clean!! It was comfy, quiet, close to the pool, and surrounded by lush greenery. Even with the curtains open to our porch we felt very private. The pool was being filled the day we got there but my son still splashed around in it and played in the hot tub. Pool was warm and ready the next morning. My son even swam through a few rain showers while we sat under the umbrella.
If I had any complaints at all it was that the girl at the front country could have been a bit friendlier. When I got to the desk she didn't even look up when she asked 'what can I do for you'. Ugh. And for the price of the room a continental breakfast would have been a wonderful bonus.
Even so, we will definitely be back for many more visits to The Resort.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Opadiah
Resort M, General Manager at Resort at The Mountain, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Guest,

I appreciate you taking time to let me know about your stay. Thank you for choosing The Resort as your destination, and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

The room had a balcony and fireplace and was very comfortable. The smells, sounds, and view were so peaceful. The food was outstanding, meeting rooms were very accomodating, golf course staff and green were fantastic, and hotel staff in all departments worked very well together, and made servicing their guests a priority. I have never stayed anywhere that I could find nothing wrong - minus here. I was completely satisfied in every regard. While this trip was for business, my next one will be with my family and we will absolutely be returning to The Resort at The Mountain. A+++++!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Bobi D
Resort M, General Manager at Resort at The Mountain, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you! Your comments and referral mean the world to myself and our team. We are pleased you had such an outstanding visit for your meeting, and we look forward to your return.

SIncerely,
General Manger

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Stayed for a conference and would definitely come back! Super great grounds for exploring and a ton of things to do in the vicinity. The rooms around the pool were great for sleeping in and general ambiance.

Room Tip: I heard the sunrise rooms are named that for a reason. We had a room looking onto the pool that was...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Resort M, General Manager at Resort at The Mountain, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Guest,

It is always a pleasure to receive compliments from guests who have stayed with us, and look to return. Thank you for your comments, and your recommendations.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Our statewide conference of conservation district and watershed council staff was held at The Resort this year. An appropriate selection, especially given the work The Resort has done to enhance fish habitat on the property. The facility is nice and is in a beautiful, peaceful location. Resort staff are focused on meeting guests' needs. The banquet food was very good, and one evening the conference attendees were served dinner outdoors under a big tent next to the golf course. Some of us tried lawn bowling, too. I can't speak to the "value" question because my agency took care of the payment. (I don't know what the cost of the stay was.) I'd like to come back with my partner for a couple of nights as a getaway.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to let me know about your stay, and about your interest in returning to the Resort on a personal visit in the future. Your comments, and recommendations, are appreciated.

We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

It was our anniversary weekend and we had booked a nice room and was looking forward to it as my daughter had been married there a couple years ago and it has a soft spot in my heart. When we arrived they asked if we would like a free upgrade to a King fireplace room. How could I say no. It was a treat. It was very lovely all around the grounds which made for nice walks. The weather was cool and wet but the outdoor hot tub was wonderful. The staff were so friendly and helpful.
We ate at the Whistlestop down the road which was very good.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jamkee
Resort M, General Manager at Resort at The Mountain, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for coming back, and for your outstanding recommendations.

John A. Erickson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Welches
Timberline Lodge
Whispering Woods Resort
Best Western Plus Columbia River Inn
Best Western Sandy Inn
Cooper Spur Mountain Resort

Been to Resort at The Mountain, BW Premier Collection? Share your experiences!