“We keep coming back!”

Resort at The Mountain, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Welches
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I love this place. It is in a beautiful area near Mt. Hood. The resort is lovely. In a wooded area with an array of room types to choose from. Love the outdoor heated pool. Food is wonderful. My husband loves the golf, my teenagers love hiking in the summer and fall and snowboarding in the winter. It is one place that has something for everyone in my family. No one gets bored. The resort fits in well with its surroundings. Sort of lodge like appeal. The best value is to book rooms in the main lodge. They have suites which have "kitchens" but not really even a kitchenette in my opionion. There are no dishes, cookware, etc. Pretty much a sink microwave and a mini fridge. However, do stay in the suites as you have your own deck or balcony that overlooks the beautiful mountain area. The beds and bedding in this resort are superior.

Room Tip: Opt for the suprise upgrade upon checkin when you book. It is a good way to get a sweet deal on an...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Resort M, General Manager at Resort at The Mountain, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to let me know about your stay. I do appreciate your referral to others. We look forward to your return.

There are newer reviews for Resort at The Mountain, BW Premier Collection

Reviewed 21 July 2014

For 3 days in April, 2014, my husband and I stayed in a large $300/night suite on the golf course. The suite was well-appointed, although the kitchen was not sufficiently equipped to be useful for light meals (breakfast, lunch). We had to buy bowls at the market down the road for cereal and snacks. Incredibly, the room was never serviced. Not once. The first day, after we called the front desk, the room servicer came by at 4 p.m. We took a change of towels but declined because we didn't want to vacate into the rain while we were relaxing at the end of the day. On each of the next two days we called the front desk around 1:30 p.m. asking when they would service the room; we were assured they "were on it." In fact, at noon the second day I told the front desk we were out of the room and would be at the restaurant until 2, and if they wanted us to stay out longer we would. When we left, we complained, and the front desk offered us a $20/day discount on the rooms. Well, at $300/day this was ridiculous. They said they would contact us. We waited ONE MONTH TO THE DAY. No communication from them. My husband then sent a letter to the CEO and has never received a response. We had stayed there before, but we are never going back.
To be fair, my husband said the staff at the golf course was terrific - friendly, service-oriented, thoughtful. So, I would say: golf at the Resort but stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: This is pet-friendly, so you might ask to be put in a room where pets are not allowed (if you have n...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Gayle G
Resort M, General Manager at Resort at The Mountain, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Guest,

I appreciate your letting me know about your experience, and assure you this is not our recognized service level. I do take your comments seriously, and I will personally be following up with our staff to insure your points are addressed.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We rented a 3-BR golf villa for a family vacation. The construction and decor of the Resort are lovely and it gives the appearance of a top quality resort. I was pretty quickly disappointed. The villa came with a 'fully equipped kitchen' which included about 30 coffee mugs and about 30 wine glasses, but only a single kitchen knife, no dishcloths. There was a dishwasher but no dishwasher detergent; there was dishwashing soap but no drying rack. Basically the kitchen was stocked with odds and ends and was impossible to use as a real kitchen to prepare meals. Room service came the first day and took our used towels without replacing them, then didn't even come back the second day. The A/C in our unit didn't work. I called the front desk and they had someone there within 10 minutes. He looked at the unit, told us it wasn't turned on, and left. It still didn't work. Fortunately the next 2 days were cool so we could just open windows. There's more but I won't drone on. I will not be back to this hotel; for this level of service I would expect to pay a whole lot less.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Maynard B
Resort M, General Manager at Resort at The Mountain, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Guest,

I do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. This is not our standard, and we have undertaken the steps to rectify the negatives encountered.

Thank you for letting me know about your experience.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I booked a basic room online, but the desk clerk gave us a free upgrade to a better room. We were lucky that a wedding and golf tourney needed the dual queen beds more than we did. The staff was friendly and helpful throughout the stay.

It's a beautifully landscaped property with tons of things to do scattered throughout. This would be a great place to take the family, with the pool, miniature golf course, croquet, horseshoes, tennis courts, golf course and who knows what else nearby. The wireless network performed flawlessly, which is more than I can say for anywhere else we stayed in Oregon. The food at the less formal grill dining facility was not very impressive, however.

We wanted a short hike and the staff directed us to the Old Salmon River Trail, just a few miles down the street. A more beautiful forest hiking area than this could not possibly exist, we fell in love with Oregon just being there. The natural beauty surrounding this resort is possibly it's greatest asset.

Room Tip: Downstairs rooms are easier to get to, but you can hear people walking around above you. The firepl...
1  Thank Omnivore2010
Resort M, General Manager at Resort at The Mountain, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your glowing remarks. I appreciate hearing from you. We appreciate your business. Come back soon and often.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Wonderful, peaceful wooded Shangrila. They have opened building 2 to pets and are building a fence around the back. No more having to go to the segregated building lol.
Great walking trails. The macaroni and cheese with bacon at the golf course resturaunt is the best I have had anywhere and the breakfasts are awesome. Staff is friendly and helpful. Minor problem was taken care of within minutes. Met the manager in the lobby and he was adamant that if we have problems they would be taken care of immediately. Would stay again!

Room Tip: If you have a pet building 2 is great
2  Thank pegareeno
Resort M, General Manager at Resort at The Mountain, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for selecting The Resort to be your destination this last week. I appreciate your mentioning the new fence at building 2. It was good to meet you. I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We attended a convention at the Resort at the Mountain in Welches Or. Just a short 45 minute drive from the Portland airport. The resort had all the mountain beauty, great large rooms, nice pool and spa and a beautiful gold course. Mount Hood and historic Timberline Lodge are only minutes away. The sales staff treated our group like we were special and every one of our requests were filled with a smile. If your group wanted a conference facility this is the place.
I would stay here again, both for business or pleasure

Room Tip: Ask for a king suite with fireplace. Very large room
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Resort M, General Manager at Resort at The Mountain, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Wow! Thank you for your glowing remarks and your fabulous recommendation. We apparently hit our goal for providing you with an exceptional retreat. I do appreciate your comments and will pass them on to the whole team.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We choose the spa package for our 40th anniversary and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Large, comfortable clean room with a nice deck overlooking the pool area. The grounds are well maintained with walking paths around the complex and a great view from the pro shop. Spa treatments were great. We highly recommend the Resort.

1  Thank 74greenbean

Dear Anniversary Guest,

Congratulations! Thank you for choosing The Resort as your celebration location. I am pleased to hear of your satisfaction. Thank you as well for your recommendation and review. We hope to see you again for your next celebration.

John A. Erickson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Welches
Timberline Lodge
Whispering Woods Resort
Best Western Plus Columbia River Inn
Best Western Sandy Inn
Cooper Spur Mountain Resort

Been to Resort at The Mountain, BW Premier Collection? Share your experiences!