“Peaceful and Quiet! Great Location!”

Resort at The Mountain, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Welches
“Peaceful and Quiet! Great Location!”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

The property is well maintained, but the signage and directions from the staff is lacking. The main lodge was gorgeous, so when we were sent to our room, I was let down. We stayed at the Crofts building. The outside looks old and run down. The room has been recently updated and was clean. We only stayed one night, but that was our plan. We ate at the Mallard Bar and the waitress was great. So were the Nachos! We didn't take advantage of the golfing, spa or other amenities. Just not enough time! Upon checking out and leaving, we were a few miles away when we noticed we had left our ipad! We called immediately, but we didn't reach a "live" person until we were parking at their front door. The front staff was unorganized, but we did get help and the ipad was retrieved! Thank you.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
john_erickson, General Manager at Resort at The Mountain, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to let me know about your stay. The team has been informed about your comments, and we are addressing the points you made. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Sincerely
John A. Erickson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Korean first
Hillsboro, Oregon
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

The location is to die for. The rooms are updated misers and beautiful. The golf course is legendary. This is a must stay in the Mount Hood area. Many thins to do every season. The location is perfect for just about any activity.

• Stayed July 2014
john_erickson, General Manager at Resort at The Mountain, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments and recommendations. We appreciate your business, and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I love this place. It is in a beautiful area near Mt. Hood. The resort is lovely. In a wooded area with an array of room types to choose from. Love the outdoor heated pool. Food is wonderful. My husband loves the golf, my teenagers love hiking in the summer and fall and snowboarding in the winter. It is one place that has something for everyone in my family. No one gets bored. The resort fits in well with its surroundings. Sort of lodge like appeal. The best value is to book rooms in the main lodge. They have suites which have "kitchens" but not really even a kitchenette in my opionion. There are no dishes, cookware, etc. Pretty much a sink microwave and a mini fridge. However, do stay in the suites as you have your own deck or balcony that overlooks the beautiful mountain area. The beds and bedding in this resort are superior.

Room Tip: Opt for the suprise upgrade upon checkin when you book. It is a good way to get a sweet deal on an...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Resort M, General Manager at Resort at The Mountain, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to let me know about your stay. I do appreciate your referral to others. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

For 3 days in April, 2014, my husband and I stayed in a large $300/night suite on the golf course. The suite was well-appointed, although the kitchen was not sufficiently equipped to be useful for light meals (breakfast, lunch). We had to buy bowls at the market down the road for cereal and snacks. Incredibly, the room was never serviced. Not once. The first day, after we called the front desk, the room servicer came by at 4 p.m. We took a change of towels but declined because we didn't want to vacate into the rain while we were relaxing at the end of the day. On each of the next two days we called the front desk around 1:30 p.m. asking when they would service the room; we were assured they "were on it." In fact, at noon the second day I told the front desk we were out of the room and would be at the restaurant until 2, and if they wanted us to stay out longer we would. When we left, we complained, and the front desk offered us a $20/day discount on the rooms. Well, at $300/day this was ridiculous. They said they would contact us. We waited ONE MONTH TO THE DAY. No communication from them. My husband then sent a letter to the CEO and has never received a response. We had stayed there before, but we are never going back.
To be fair, my husband said the staff at the golf course was terrific - friendly, service-oriented, thoughtful. So, I would say: golf at the Resort but stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: This is pet-friendly, so you might ask to be put in a room where pets are not allowed (if you have n...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Gayle G
Resort M, General Manager at Resort at The Mountain, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Guest,

I appreciate your letting me know about your experience, and assure you this is not our recognized service level. I do take your comments seriously, and I will personally be following up with our staff to insure your points are addressed.

La Grande, Oregon
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We rented a 3-BR golf villa for a family vacation. The construction and decor of the Resort are lovely and it gives the appearance of a top quality resort. I was pretty quickly disappointed. The villa came with a 'fully equipped kitchen' which included about 30 coffee mugs and about 30 wine glasses, but only a single kitchen knife, no dishcloths. There was a dishwasher but no dishwasher detergent; there was dishwashing soap but no drying rack. Basically the kitchen was stocked with odds and ends and was impossible to use as a real kitchen to prepare meals. Room service came the first day and took our used towels without replacing them, then didn't even come back the second day. The A/C in our unit didn't work. I called the front desk and they had someone there within 10 minutes. He looked at the unit, told us it wasn't turned on, and left. It still didn't work. Fortunately the next 2 days were cool so we could just open windows. There's more but I won't drone on. I will not be back to this hotel; for this level of service I would expect to pay a whole lot less.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Maynard B
Resort M, General Manager at Resort at The Mountain, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Guest,

I do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. This is not our standard, and we have undertaken the steps to rectify the negatives encountered.

Thank you for letting me know about your experience.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I booked a basic room online, but the desk clerk gave us a free upgrade to a better room. We were lucky that a wedding and golf tourney needed the dual queen beds more than we did. The staff was friendly and helpful throughout the stay.

It's a beautifully landscaped property with tons of things to do scattered throughout. This would be a great place to take the family, with the pool, miniature golf course, croquet, horseshoes, tennis courts, golf course and who knows what else nearby. The wireless network performed flawlessly, which is more than I can say for anywhere else we stayed in Oregon. The food at the less formal grill dining facility was not very impressive, however.

We wanted a short hike and the staff directed us to the Old Salmon River Trail, just a few miles down the street. A more beautiful forest hiking area than this could not possibly exist, we fell in love with Oregon just being there. The natural beauty surrounding this resort is possibly it's greatest asset.

Room Tip: Downstairs rooms are easier to get to, but you can hear people walking around above you. The firepl...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Omnivore2010
Resort M, General Manager at Resort at The Mountain, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your glowing remarks. I appreciate hearing from you. We appreciate your business. Come back soon and often.

Fossil, Oregon
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Wonderful, peaceful wooded Shangrila. They have opened building 2 to pets and are building a fence around the back. No more having to go to the segregated building lol.
Great walking trails. The macaroni and cheese with bacon at the golf course resturaunt is the best I have had anywhere and the breakfasts are awesome. Staff is friendly and helpful. Minor problem was taken care of within minutes. Met the manager in the lobby and he was adamant that if we have problems they would be taken care of immediately. Would stay again!

Room Tip: If you have a pet building 2 is great
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank pegareeno
Resort M, General Manager at Resort at The Mountain, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for selecting The Resort to be your destination this last week. I appreciate your mentioning the new fence at building 2. It was good to meet you. I look forward to seeing you again soon.

John A. Erickson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Welches
Timberline Lodge
Best Western Sandy Inn
Quality Inn Gresham
Quality Inn Gresham
#1 of 11 in Gresham

Been to Resort at The Mountain, BW Premier Collection? Share your experiences!