“Good food”

Altitude at The Resort at The Mountain
Reserve with OpenTable
Altitude at The Resort at The Mountain is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 24 Restaurants in Welches
Price range: US$40 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Altitude's un-regimented and casual yet sophisticated dining environment allows diners to feel at home in comfortable surroundings. And while the food speaks for itself, an intelligent selection of wines finds its own voice. The culinary team is passionate about the restaurant's extensive incorporation of the best and freshest local Oregonian bounty.
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We had a couple of nice dinners there. The wait staff was attentive and friendly. It's convenient if you're staying in the area or using the golf course.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

The wine selection was good and the service was worthy of a certificate of exellence. The menu offered a good variety of dishes, but it was the food that lacked.

I ordered the Chicken Saltimbocca. It arrived on the bone (some one tried to lolipop it?), not wrapped in proscuitto, and minimally stuffed with mozzarella. The skin was rubbery, the meat dry and chewy. I tolerated it right up to the point where I found pink, uncooked chicken, closer to the bone. I was almost physically ill from the thought of eating raw/ undercooked chicken. I informed the server and she was fantastic; she comped the entree, and presented us with a discount at the Spa, located at the resort.

In defense of the kitchen staff, the menu was only introduced the Friday prior to dining (we visited on Monday), and the EC and Sous were not on premise. I would be willing to give them another opportunity to redeem themselves, but would NOT try the chicken again.

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Great prime rib dinner for the price. If you love beef, then this is the place. Marty the bartender was very nice and made great cocktails. Enjoyed a good salad and warm sourdough bread before my prime rib was served. I ate the 8oz., it came with zucchini, mashed potatoes, jus, and creamed horseradish. The house Cane rent was a great pairing. The dessert I ordered was chocolate creme brulee. The best I have ever eaten. Or waitress Christina was very polite, proffessional, and helpful. Best meal in town!

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I stayed at the Resort for two weeks while construction was done on my home. They provide room service-that's the only reason I ate there. The food OK. Eat at the Rendevouz Grill,
just down at the end of Welches road. Wow! not that's food, local, gourmet. The Altitude survives because people traveling through don't go outside the Resort. Don't make the same mistake

1  Thank EllenGreenlaw
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This retaurant has a great menu selection, good wine (especially the Oregon selection) and the best service. Our waitress was cordial, and very pleasent.