“Best Restaurant near the Mountain”
Review of Rendezvous Grill

Rendezvous Grill
Ranked #1 of 24 Restaurants in Welches
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I have eaten there three times in all and mainly because they have gluten free bread (buns) available. Their hamburgers are to die for, with a large patty of hamburger and all the trimmings to make a great, tasty burger. I have also had a BLT on the same gluten free bread and it was extremely good. The portions are, for me, more than I can eat. I am anxious to return for a dinner occasion as I am sure they offer gluten free dishes for dinner also. Because their fries are not gluten free (unless I missed that), I usually order a garden salad that is superior to most places near the mountain.
One thing that is important to me and that is the services. The wait staff is very attentive and is knowledgable of the menu, as well as being very friendly and helpful. The owner has been there each time I have visited and remembers you after the first visit. He is also very helpful seeing that everything is run just right.
If you are ever near Mt. Hood at meal time, be sure to stop at the Rendezvous Grill near Welches. You will not be disappointed.

2  Thank Rbaird_12

Reviewed 31 January 2014

Along highway 26 in Welches, in a location not well signed, is the Rendezvous Grill. I was told about this restaurant by a friend who lives in the forest nearby. Once I was there, I was hooked. Since then, we have told our friends that this is a must stop. If you travel 26, plan your lunch or dinner around stopping here.
The food is always a delight with an excellent varied menu. The restaurant is just right in size that will assure careful attention to detail; soups with beautiful garnish, dishes with unique sides and a simple but strong menu of continental with ingredients from local farms. The owner attends to the dining room and checks on meals and patrons alike.

2  Thank elgreco251
Reviewed 16 January 2014

We visit Rendezvous frequently. After the first time they have greeted us as old friends. The menu is varied, typically Northwest. And the menu is full of wonderful selections. The servers are knowledgeable, well informed and friendly. It is our favorite restaurant in the Portland area. We recommend it to anyone visiting the Mt. Hood area.

1  Thank JDC50
Reviewed 2 December 2013

If you are staying in the Mt. Hood area, Rendezvous Grill is a great place to stop for a great meal. From the time we walked in the door, we were greeted courteously and made to feel very welcome. Our server was very friendly and accommodating in providing the meal that we wanted. We both had fried oysters (excellent) and split a spinach salad off the lunch menu. There was a very good wine selection and each of us enjoyed a glass of Oregon Riesling. Upon leaving the staff thanked us for coming and encouraged us to return again. The meal was great, the service was great and we will most definitely enjoy another great meal there when back in the area. Highly, highly recommend

2  Thank Bruce M
Reviewed 29 November 2013

This restaurant is a favorite for a tasty lunch or dinner after visiting the beautiful Mount Hood area. Our group had the soup special - Manhattan clam chowder, salmon salad, salmon fish & chips, and black bean burger. Everyone left happy. Another favorite of mine is the rigatoni and smoked chicken with hazelnuts and dried cranberries. Highly recommended!

1  Thank Sondra G