“Forgettable”

Mt Hood Village RV Resort
Fairview, Oregon
“Forgettable”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

I'll try and temper my review because we were tent camping and the weather wasn't cooperative either...Your first impression of this place is that it is fairly nice at first glance. What you'll find though is that it is woefully ill-maintained. Sites were full of trash, and even worse for tent campers, dog excrement. The first site we were assigned we went back to the counter because it was so ill-kept. We were moved to the RV section, which was somewhat better...but the restrooms were filthy, there was used underwear on the ground outside the restroom...
On the upside the space was fairly quiet after 11pm. Wouldn't return.

Room Tip: Don't.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank jbrum

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Hillsboro, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

We had our church campout at this place. The lady who set up this place is a good family friend of ours and she said it was a great place, full of amenities...an indoor pool and hot tub, a workout room, general store and cafe. Even the Mt. Hood Huckleberry Festival was there the weekend we were to stay there. We gave it a try. Some of us, including my friend, reserved spots, 7 months in advance. We had to pay for the first night for confirmation.

What happened after was atrocious. She was told when she arrived that they had given her spot away and that they called and told her 2 weeks prior. NOT THE CASE! She was furious. She had been offered a spot by the restrooms and dumpsters and said no way. The manager even raised his voice at her until she reminded him that she was the customer...he backed down.

I even had words with a lady at the registration desk after I found out what they had done. I informed her that our church will be spending roughly $2000 at their facility and they would not deserve it the way we were treated. I also said that we wouldn't be back next year. The lady said, "I don't care if you come back next year." She was a very rude person that should be terminated. I wish I had gotten her name. They ended up getting a spot near the rest of us, but after they called a customer to let them know that they gave his spot away...or did they??

After this debacle, everything went smoothly, until the day we left. After I hooked up and loaded everyone in my truck, I went to use the restroom. It had not been cleaned all weekend. Walking out of a stall, I went to wash my hands. One of the sinks had dry vomit in it...who knows how long it had been there. Needless to say, my church will not return to this place.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank TERRY G
Boise, Idaho
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

This was our first time at this RV Resort making reservations for a cabin that slept 6 and had shower/bath, linens, bedroom and a couple other ammenities; however the staff called to ask if they could switch us to another cabin as the owner wished to stay another day in cabin we reserved. Thus I was impressed that we in fact paid the same but were upgraded to a larger loft, hot tub, deck, private cabin, prefab cabin trailer (looks like a cabin until you step inside). And when we arrived it was posted for sale (red flag) along with 3 other deluxe cabins on that stretch (red flag two). First impression all ok. We can deal with the run down look of unswept deck (we swept it first) and the cob webs on the sliding glass door (keyed entrance to property) because this RV village is smack dab in the Oregon rain forested side of Mount Hood Forest. We were also impressed that they gave us this cabin on the corner where the deck actually faces the rain forest canyon below. It is definitely private! We weren't impressed with light bulbs out and trash off the canyon side decking; showed that it was a party house for the Mt. Hood Skiers. So there are no spiders or webbing inside this property (thank you) but it is definitely abandoned by the owner (and not maintained by maintenance). Inside all the cupboards is disarray meant for games or storage; no organization anywhere. Housekeeping needs to just come in and go through, organize and fix broken lights and moldy/dirty bathroom floor baseboards. A good scrubbing! So now the kicker! Why we won't come back to this place: How would you like it to turn on the hot (and cold) water to smell the foulest rotten egg sulfur smell in the world? We thought ok, let’s just run it for a while and it will go away. No it doesn't. So we supposed - well this area is geothermal and we have to deal with it. Wrong again! My husband did shower with the water in the bath first. I stepped into the cabin/trailer after walking and was blasted with that smell. We looked it up on my smart phone internet (no-there is no internet here), to find that this owner pretty much ruined their water heater by leaving it on & hot for large amounts of time making the water turn into sulfur smelling compound and possibly harming all the plumbing as well. I went to the cabin showers next door to find clean and wonderful fresh smelling water!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank DeblostnHawaii
Tumwater, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

It is very sad that so many individuals pay into Thousand Trails just to end up camping next to Full-Time dwellers. Last month I stayed at Mt. Hood, after making reservations 3 months in advanced. When we showed up, the park was completely empty, yet they had no problem putting us with all the full-time dwellers with their broken down trailers and old equipment and trucks in front. I feel badly for all the individuals that actually pay fees to belong to Thousand Trails. Everyone, you need to get your money back. This place was a dump!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank justsherry67
Lebanon, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Mt Hood Village RV park over 4th of July weekend. We rented a little log cabin since we don't have an RV. The cabin was adorable and fit the needs of our family of 4 perfectly. The kids LOVED the little sleeping loft. They also had tons of family activities in addition to the pool, playground, and hiking trails. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed July 2013
Visalia, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

To begin with, it's not a resort, I don't know why they call it that. Our site was in the Vine Maple Hollow section and we were very pleased with it. The sites were wide with a lot of room between rigs. The sites are gravel and not all that level, but a few blocks fixed that. All of the sites in this section were very shady. On the down side they allow tent camping, (I think tents should be given their own area away from RVs.) tent campers were load, but by 10pm they quieted down. The place was clean and there was security driving around the whole time. We would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank agc1998
Portland, OR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

Just got back from 2 nights in a private cabin at Mt. Hood Village Resort. We've RV'd there in the past but never rented a cabin. It was awesome. I had called ahead of time to re-confirm what we needed to bring and the lady said, "Hon, all you need to bring is your food and drinks." Even though I overpacked just in case, she was completely right. The cabin had everything -- bbq, games, dvds, videos, books, towels, linens ...

We had cabin RF-6 for 2 adults and 2 kids. We could hear the river from the front deck, and the froggies singing in the ponds behind us in the evening. Mosquitos were a bit annoying but not so bad.

We had a wonderful time.

Room Tip: We had cabin RF-6. The cabin next to it is for sale and there is a grassy area on the side, so no n...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Welches
Best Western Mt. Hood Inn
Whispering Woods Resort
BEST WESTERN Sandy Inn
Best Western Plus Columbia River Inn
Comfort Inn Columbia Gorge Gateway

Been to Mt Hood Village RV Resort? Share your experiences!