“will not go back to that place”

Mt Hood Village RV Resort
Vancouver, Canada
“will not go back to that place”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

we just stayed there 2 nights over the last July weekend with our trailer and didn't like the facility. Everything is pretty outdated/dirty and not taken care of. The pool wasn't clean, water was really cloudy. The outdoor area of the pool house offered sunbeds, but they could also need a good cleaning. The washrooms could also need some paint and a tighter cleaning schedule. Quiet hours are also not like expected, kids chased around until midnight in a very loud manner. Over all they charge too much money. The good thing about that resort is the location, very close to Mt. Hood. If you like resorts (also in hotels) it might be the right place for you, but it wasn't the kind of location we like. So next time we will rather stay in a state park without "entertainment".

2 Thank Yvonne W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Boring, Oregon
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My grandmother used to take me camping every weekend in the summer when I was young, so the memories this place brought back were "priceless"!
It was our second weekend in a row camping in our RV at Mt. Hood Village Resort. We had a blast! Our 3 year old granddaughter learned how to ride her bicycle the first weekend and the second weekend we couldn't keep her out of the pool! Movie night was fun…under the stars with the big screen and great sound system. We also brought my parents in their RV the second weekend. After talking to John and Judy in member services, we decided to purchase a Membership. Donna and Jazzy are great at the front desk…very accommodating! And what about the food? We love the Dragonfly restaurant and the owner Rori is FANTASTIC and she makes such YUMMY food, too! My fav is the Prime Rib and the home made banana bread…just like how Grandma used to make! So now we're out there spreading the word about our new favorite camping spot…only 30 minutes from our driveway…LOVE IT!

Room Tip: If your not happy with the spot you're assigned, don't be afraid to ask the front desk for a...
2 Thank msabygal
Klamath Falls, Oregon
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I just spent this past weekend (7-18-20th) with my wife's family at the Mt. Hood village and I felt the place was situated in a beautiful area just below Mt. Hood on the Sandy River. The place had a lot to offer like an indoor swimming pool for my 5 year old twin boys and on friday and saturday nights the camp put on special activities for children and adults. Friday they set up a giant movie screen out in a lawn and people bring their camp chairs and coolers and enjoy a movie under the stars which I thought was awesome. Saturday night they had a karaoke party and my wife and her family had a great time with that. I was busy keeping the twins entertained by taking them swimming for the tenth time that weekend. The place had great walking paths or trails that we took full advantage of during our stay. The down side to the place is the customer service. Our camp spots were directly in front of the bathrooms and the dumpsters so we were able to get to know everyone in the campground because they had to walk directly through out site to get to either. There was a great site next to us that would have been perfect for us to have more privacy and there was an actual tent spot for us instead of us having to wedge our tent in the corner next to the womens bathroom. When we inquired about switching spots, the lady (Ann) at the welcome counter was short and blunt and told us no way because that spot was reserved for the weekend. We stared at that spot all weekend and nobody came in or out of it the entire time. Either she didn't want to deal with us, or the campers cancelled at the last minute but then why not inform us because she knew our campsite was probably the worst in the entire campground. She could have stopped by and said the people cancelled, would you like to switch to that spot. I also encountered a customer service rep refusing to do a simple request for another customer who had just checked in and wanted to have their site mowed because the grass was pretty high. The rep told the polite customer that it was not their responsibility to do that and to just live with it. I was shocked! The place looks worn our and rundown, even the pool and spa area was badly in need of a makeover or a good cleaning. I also forgot to mention that it is $60 a night to stay here. I have stayed in motels that are less and better maintained. I never saw any staff going around, picking up or cleaning sites after people checked out. There was garbage all over the place that was never attended to during our time there. I think the place could be awesome if the owners would just attend to some of these little, yet important details like updating, better customer services and better clearning of the grounds.

Room Tip: Don't pay for the wifi because it is $6 a day and it is spotty at best. Also, avoid campsites 9...
4 Thank Beavs13
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here many times before when Lynn was there. We stayed again in May for memorial day weekendin River Forest 29 and there were ANTS not just a few call to get help from the office they bring me bug spray and tell me they won't spray it just in case someone gets sick but I can if I want . No thanks. Got bleach and cleaned everything. The general manager Dan said he would comp me for the bleach . Um no I will let one bad experience slide . I booked for July 18 thru the 21 the had one cabin left River forest 27 smaller then what I wanted so the girl behind the counter told me to call every week or so to see if there was a cancellation. So I had been doing that .I got my receipt and there was a 30.00 cleaning fee on it so I called about it because I was not understanding why Dan explained it. Called the next day to see about a cancellation because I forgot the day before and Valerie said to me nasty that I called them a thousand times I told her that wasn't true and what my calls were for. We checked in to our cabin Friday night I pulled back the sheets and there were stains on them from people being intamite they didn't clean the cabin . So when I complain about it I get treated like crap then I find women's underwear hanging in the shower. I took them those. I took pictures of everything and am taking it to the BBB to get some kind of response The General manager has yet to call me. NEVER GOING there again there are too many nice places that won't treat you like crap.

• Stayed July 2014
9 Thank candie m
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This was our first visit to the Mt Hood Village RV Park. Check in was great with the helpful friendly staff. We were assigned a large site...only drawback was it was across from the laundry and trash. However it was large and private so we got over it. Location was great with easy access to the Salmon River. We will definitely return!

• Stayed July 2014
Eureka, CA
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

I can't complain enough about the poor condition of this so-called resort.

We are members of 1000 trails and Encore and this park is in our system; however, if I came here first I would never have joined thousand trails.

Many of the water spigots leak and run water 24/7. The sites are overgrown and in poor shape. And then there is the recent string of night-time burglaries, 3-days running. The most egregious part is that we we not alerted by staff that burglaries occurred two previous nights before our arrival.

When I spoke to the property manager about all the above, he blamed lack of budget from corporate to provide staff for maintenance and security.

This is our 5th 1000 Trails property to stay and, with only one exception (Sun River in Bend, Oregon), the rest were tired, cramped, and in need of serious upgrades. If you haven't bought into the 1000 Trails system, I suggest you wait.

The video representation on the 1000 Trails Website of this property and all of the other 4 we've visited were at best, misleading, and borderline blatantly false.

If I could get out of my contractual obligation, I would in a nano-second.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank cybercme
Pendleton, Oregon
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The park is beautiful with lots of plants and greenery. They have a lot of camp sites and they are close together, some are smaller than they claim so be very clear on your trailer size The staff was okay, they seemed a little worn and almost grouchy, but it was Memorial Day weekend and there was not an empty site in the whole park, so we didn't take this personally.

We had 4 pre-teens/teenagers with us and they were never "bored." They found they had plenty of things to do. It's close to the Alpine Slide at Mt. Hood and many lakes nearby to fish in. The river is close and lots of trails for walking.

If you are looking to get away from the crowds of people, this might not be the best choice, but if you are looking to get out town and enjoy a nice place close to Mt. Hood to campout this is a great place to go.

We will be returning, it's a middle of road meeting point for family and friends and we love to hang out near Mt. Hood.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Casey H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Welches
Timberline Lodge
Best Western Sandy Inn
Quality Inn Gresham
Quality Inn Gresham
#1 of 11 in Gresham

Been to Mt Hood Village RV Resort? Share your experiences!