“Not Worth the Money”

Mt Hood Village RV Resort
Reviewed 7 September 2010

This RV "Resort" has many cottages interspersed throughout the campground that occupy full-time residents. It felt like camping in a residential neighborhood - in fact, the neighborhood cats, which are free to roam whereever they please according to management, make themselves at home by entering open doors and exploring your trash. There are a couple of camp loops that don't have cottages, but we were not given the opportunity to select our location. I've stayed at much nicer places, that are far cleaner, for half the price. I think they should drop the "resort" part of their name and lower their prices to more ireflect the type of campground that it really is.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank 808OhanaMama

Reviewed 18 August 2010

The security here is in need of improvement when people camping in the woods out of the park show up at the rec center. They wait untill someone exits the secure code locked entrance and slip in to shower and do thier laundry in the shower while paying customers are left to wait.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank 10traveler090
Reviewed 13 July 2010

There is lots of trees, walking trails, a river, an indoor pool"which my kids love", hot tub, gym, Meeting rooms, general store, play structures. We stay here all the time and we love it. Its a little spendy but well worth the money for what you get. We have never had a problem staying here. There are a few sites that are short and narrow and slope a little but that is not the norm. They even have specail events sometimes

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank rvmikey
Reviewed 4 July 2010

My husband called a few days ahead to make a reservation, since we knew they would be busy on Memorial Day weekend. He told them we had a 5th wheel trailer, 30' long, and we pulled it with a Freightliner truck. I listened as he told them *twice* our total length was *55 FEET*, and that we had two slides.

Okay, so we pull up and first of all, the convenient drive-thru registration kiosk looked permanently shut. So we went into the office to check in. Well, there is no "office"! You walk into the main grocery/convenience store. It was packed with people trying to buy stuff.

We finally got up to the head of the line, and the woman took our credit card, and started going over the paperwork. There was no clear counter to set any paperwork on, and it was so busy and loud I had to ask directions several times, since I simply could not hear her.

Off we went to find our space. We passed other campsites, all crammed in tightly, and by the third turn I was getting a bad feeling. There were kids everywhere, in the road, with no parents to tell them to move out of the way. Our space was around a little circular drive to the left, with a big tree. It was very congested and tight, and I feared we would not make it around.

Well, we did, but even though my husband was as far to the right as he could be (actually off the road in some bushes), our trailer still brushed the tree and it SCRATCHED the top of our trailer. Then, when we finally made it around, our space was not level and so narrow we could NOT have put our our slides!

This was ricidulous and by this time I was fuming mad. There was no way we could have shoe-horned our big rig into a space that was barely large enough for something half our size!

We drove back to the "office" and I was determined to get our money back. At first, the woman was reluctant, saying they got a motorhome in there last week. When I asked the length of it, she didn't know. I told her that my husband had made certain they realized how long and big our 5th wheel and truck were. Then when she and another woman looked at the paperwork again, they got a real funny look on their faces... and I realized they had messed up and tried to put us in the wrong space. I again demanded a refund, and the second woman (whom I think was a manager) said go ahead. They did put though a credit.

We left there, NEVER to return! By the way, the price is outrageous. The cost was nearly $50 for that unlevel, grassy extremely narrow site.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank half-Brit
Reviewed 5 May 2010

Like the park because of the amount of spaces available, and the camping spots were huge. Also like all of the amenities. The location is fabulous because it is just 15 minutes from ski hills.

The reason I am not recommending the park is the lack of concern from the employees.

My husband & son went swimming at the indoor pool & my husband changed in the bathroom & left his things in there (which was dumb, I agree on that account.) My husband caught a young man returning his wallet to his pants. He assumed his wallet has nothing missing since it was returned. NO. The by had stolen $100. My husband proceeded to tell the staff what had happened & even descirbed the person stealing on the property. They mentioned that they may know the girl that he was with & that she lived in the park. That was it--nothing else was done. They also mentioned the maintenance had also been ripped off.

I went in & spoke to the staff & they said nothing could be done because they didnt have enough to go on without describing the person (which my husband did, and they knew who he hung out with which was a person that lived in the park. That was it. I told them next time the police should be called. Dissappointing from the lack of interest & doing something about it.

Will never stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank missy2002
Reviewed 6 October 2009

Encore Reservations People don't have a clue what they are talking about. The person told us there were very few trees on this property and that there would be no fishing. I'm glad we did not listen. It's in a forest, surrounded by great trees, 2 rivers for fishing, lots of biking places and walking places. Great place to go and we will go back. Quiet, clean, nice store on property. Enjoyed it.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OregonTravelers2009
Reviewed 26 August 2009

We have stayed several times over the years, twice in a rustic cabin and the other times in a tent! We always have a very nice time...I love the Wifi that's available for $4.99, oh yes, bring you're electric blanket too...Fish farm is minutes away and kids love catching fish..the fish farm provides everything. We caught 4 fish and it cost under 20.00 bucks! Our four year old catching the fish, priceless!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank girleegirl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Welches
12 mi away
Skamania Lodge
Skamania Lodge
#1 of 4 in Stevenson
Resort at The Mountain, BW Premier Collection

Been to Mt Hood Village RV Resort? Share your experiences!