“a nice escape”
Review of Westfir Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Westfir
Westfir Lodge
Portland, Oregon
“a nice escape”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We stayed in the former President's office overlooking the historic "Office Bridge" the covered bridge across the street. It was very spacious with very comfortable beds and nice amenities and a great value at $90. Trains added charm but didn't come by during sleeping hours. Breakfast was extra cost and was simple but good. We didn't eat lunch or dinner there as they don't have much besides sandwiches...but they may expand that in time.

I've stayed at this B&B under the prior ownership, and the new owners are doing a great job of updating the decor while maintaining the nice work the prior owners have done. It's great that there is now a restaurant. They are still ironing out some details. wee recommend it as a nice place to stay in beautiful country.

Don't miss the gorgeous Aufderheide Drive and the old growth Constitution Grove and then finish with a local beer at the brew pub in Oakridge. Mazatlan in town is good Mexican in a fun atmosphere.

Room Tip: loved the former President's office
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I didn't spend the night at the Westfir Lodge, but I wish I had!

We stopped here after cycling the Aufderheide Forest Road (Westfir to McKenzie Bridge and back), and the après-ride could not have been better. We had good beer and yummy eats that really hit the spot after a long ride. The patio music was fantastic too.

The owner, Eric, and the chef, Nancy, spent a lot of time talking to the guests assembled on the patio and delighted us with the history of the place and their ideas for its future. All in all, a magical afternoon. I want to go back and spend a weekend at this charming spot--more cycling, hiking, or just hanging out on the river. It's only 45 minutes from Eugene, so this could be my new ideal weekend getaway.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Anacortes, Washington
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Stayed at the lodge during our bike ride and enjoyed the great service as well as great location. The place was well kept and the nights were restful before the bicycle rides. It has some of the finest riding available in Oregon. I was very impressed with the service and happy to find the comforts available in a quiet away setting.

Room Tip: Check out the music schedule and enjoy.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Hillsboro, Oregon
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I recently stayed at Westfir lodge during the July MBO event. The lodge is located at the base of the Alpine trail (red covered bridge) and was a great alternative to camping on the hard ground for 3 nights. The staff make you feel right at home as soon as you check in. We enjoyed a delicious breakfast each morning on the patio and dinner with live band in the evening. Ninkasi beer on tap! I highly recommend treating yourself and staying the night when you come to oakridge/westfir for your mountain bike trips.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Lakewood Ranch, Florida, United States
Reviewed 11 June 2013

We stayed at the Westfir Lodge for a night during a recent visit with our daughter in Oregon. The location is wonderful and the facility has a lot of potential as an Inn or Bed and Breakfast. As far as I know, the rooms do not come with breakfast. When we arrived the manager seemed a little confused, until I reminded her we had a reservation for the night (when we checked out, I saw her office and understand why she might have been confused). She had us wait while she changed the beds and “cleaned” the room. The room had two comfortable queen sized beds, but the comforters could have been cleaner. The carpet had not be vacuumed recently (lots of insect parts on it), and the bathroom appeared to have not seen a thorough cleaning in a while, only a quick wipe down. We ran out of bathroom tissue in the night and ended up scavenging a roll from another room. That is when I noticed none of the vacant rooms had been cleaned and had beds with used linens.
The dog in the house did not bother us, but I was concerned when I observed her having free access to the “commercial” kitchen. I do not think this is in compliance to Health Department rules.
The grounds are undergoing extensive cleanup, but that is to be expected in Oregon mountains during the spring. It is obvious the manager is working hard to maintain them.
If you cannot sleep with trains passing nearby in the night, go somewhere else.
Note to the manager: You have a wonderful property, but it appears you are overwhelmed operating it. Buy a used commercial washer and dryer, so you can keep up with the laundry for all your rooms. Clean the rooms and make up the beds as soon as guests check out. Organize your office and use a wall calendar to track arrivals and departures.

Room Tip: Check to see if the room is clean
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank David D
Westfir, Owner at Westfir Lodge, responded to this review, 7 February 2017
Hello. I am the new owner of the lodge. I invite you to stop in and see the new updates I've made to the lodge. We painted and remodeled, as we as purchased new beds, bedding and towels. I think you will find the Westfir Lodge a much better, happier place. By the way, breakfast now comes with your room rate!
bend
Reviewed 19 February 2013

I recently stayed at the Westfir Lodge at the trailhead for the Alpine Trail just outside Oakridge Oregon. It is under going a renovation that is focusing on the logging and train history of the area. It was very comfortable and close to all the outdoor activities that the area has to offer. Mountain biking trails start directly across the street (and the North Fork of the Willamette River). The Aufderhiede (sp?) Scenic Byway essentially starts (or finishes right at the Lodge) and is great for road biking or a fun drive. You can't beat this place and the food is really amazing. If you are passing through Oakridge, Westfir or even Eugene you should check this place out.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have baths in room, and some share baths down the hall. The west facing room upst...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank j k
oregon
Reviewed 22 February 2008

I recently stayed there with my husband and 2 children. My husband is working in Oakridge and the lodge had the only available room. It was a very nice place. A wonderful collection of antique's. I don't really recommend this place for young children as there is a lot of expensive antique's. They served us a great breakfast. This was the first time I have ever stayed in a B & B, and it was a different and unique experience.

• Stayed February 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank OregonRainyday
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westfir
Best Western Oakridge Inn
McKenzie River Inn Lodging & Fine Dining
Shelter Cove Resort & Marina
Shelter Cove Resort & Marina
#1 of 3 in Crescent Lake

Been to Westfir Lodge? Share your experiences!